OMG! Look at these hybrids and rare fishes!

you mean there's more than one?

because kiyoshi endoh's book had a pure orange coral beauty from philippines!

I not v sure. But a Japan website i seen last time they call the fish samoan coral beauty and i also remember reading somewhere saying this is a rare colour morph from samoa. Of course not all coral beauty in samoa are like this, but these colour morphs can be found, more than one, in samoa.

• Senior Reefer

This is a shepardi X coral beauty from guam!

Shepardi angel is found in guam and mariana islands and some parts of Japan.

it resembles 99.9% phenotypically (outer appearance) to the rusty flame angel (rusty x flame)

this has lead some people to believe that shepardi angels are actually rusty flame angels!

so you see below,

shepardi x coral beauty is almost identical, if not, identical in appearance, to

rusty flame x coral beauty.

since both hybrids are identical, eliminate the common parent (coral beauty), you can deduce that shepardi = rusty flame!

that's what most people believe anyway.

what are your opinions, that's up to you!

fishes are so interesting and studying things like this in my free time is so rewarding and thought provoking. keeps my mind active.

attached below is the shepardi x coral beauty and a rusty flame x coral beauty.

CAN U TELL WHICH IS WHICH? it's identical! (ignore colour intensity coz one is from a book one is from internet. books usually have more saturated colours)

post-15755-0-68840700-1293118074_thumb.j

post-15755-0-88181600-1293118249_thumb.j

attached below is the shepardi x coral beauty and a rusty flame x coral beauty.

CAN U TELL WHICH IS WHICH? it's identical! (ignore colour intensity coz one is from a book one is from internet. books usually have more saturated colours)

Haha they are identical! And i'm a supporter of Copps that shepardi is actually not a species of its own but a result of flame and rusty hybridization and took over the parent species in Guam.

This is the famous pic of a coral beauty x flame angel from vanuatu:

flamebeauty.jpg

It reminds me RB a few months back almost able to secure a coral flame hybrid angel from their supplier and estimated to sell at 5k!

But obviously we lost to another country and few weeks later one Japan LFS managed to obtain a coral flame hybrid angel! Too much of a coincidence.

• Senior Reefer

haha here's a flame x coral beauty from marshall islands instead of Vanuatu!

very nice right?

hope one day iwarna's hawaii supplier stupid enuf to send this as a normal flame angel and i get to buy it!

post-15755-0-09585700-1293119036_thumb.j

haha here's a flame x coral beauty from marshall islands instead of Vanuatu!

very nice right?

hope one day iwarna's hawaii supplier stupid enuf to send this as a normal flame angel and i get to buy it!

Coral x flame is v v nice, nicer than rusty flame.

It can appear anywhere in philippines shipment, in CF, or Ah Beng, or Pinnalce, or Iwarna, or even Irene(hidden gem)!

Not sure if this was posted before but this is my contribution of hybrids and rare fishes.

C.potteri x C.fisheri

post-1286-0-73256500-1293121901_thumb.jp

C.bicolour with a rare colour morph from the GBR

post-1286-0-38106100-1293121918_thumb.jp

pygoplites_diacanthus

post-1286-0-67108300-1293121932_thumb.jp

C.argi x C.aurantonota

post-1286-0-56605000-1293122556_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

Not sure if this was posted before but this is my contribution of hybrids and rare fishes.

C.potteri x C.fisheri

post-1286-0-73256500-1293121901_thumb.jp

C.bicolour with a rare colour morph from the GBR

post-1286-0-38106100-1293121918_thumb.jp

pygoplites_diacanthus

post-1286-0-67108300-1293121932_thumb.jp

C.argi x C.aurantonota

post-1286-0-56605000-1293122556_thumb.jp

yah these have been posted before but we always refresh the photos after awhile. some are very rare and deserving of multiple posts.

the fisher x potteri is super rare and only one in the world has ever been documented. the 2nd pic is a flame x potteri. more common and some have been caught before. but only a handful.

the bicolor is very unusual and many bicolors with such morphs have been found before. very nice.

the two regals are my fav.

first one is a famous white morph or "xanthic" regal, where only white and yellow colour remains. its v v beautiful and a few have been caught.

the second regal is my fav. it's grey with many unusual circles and patterns and it's super rare and beautiful. a unique dirty regal but very nice nonetheless.

argi x aurantonota i have not seen before and looks interesting! but because the "argi" complex are very very very very similar, the resulting hybrids will not differ much.

this one looks like an argi with a bigger orange patch on the head. v nice and interesting

Most colours and hybrids are nice but sometimes colour morphs makes the fishes appear dirty or stained.

Sadly regals don't do very well with softies especially zoas. So those who want to keep this beauty do consider its diet too.

Actually C.argi angels are seldom brought in, have not seen them in recent Caribbean shipment. So far only RD brought them in and was very lucky to take hold of one.

Most colours and hybrids are nice but sometimes colour morphs makes the fishes appear dirty or stained.

Sadly regals don't do very well with softies especially zoas. So those who want to keep this beauty do consider its diet too.

Actually C.argi angels are seldom brought in, have not seen them in recent Caribbean shipment. So far only RD brought them in and was very lucky to take hold of one.

Regal is 50/50... I had my previous one which is not eating zoas... Although I fail with a few before that ate zoas...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

True they are 50/50 but its in their DNA so chances are one day instinct will kick in. Just like the Pyramid butterfly that one of the reefers encountered, eating on LPS.

But in reefing that's how lifes goes, hit and misses

• Senior Reefer

really nice ... they say cost $700 ?

yes.

live aquaria is selling them at $700 USD.

actually i'm quite surprised with the price.

the lennard's wrasse close cousin, the feminine wrasse, is retailing for >$1k USD at live aquaria. feminine is alot more common but very very seldom collected and v difficult. so why is the feminine more expensive than the lennard?

recently there was a huge collection of lennard's wrasse from west australia. about a dozen or more were collected. maybe due to the influx, the price drop.

lennard's wrasse is very very rare and is holy grail of the tamarin wrasses.

the other one is feminine wrasse which is more common but very very seldom collected.

both are very difficult to keep.

here's a pic of feminine wrasse.

post-15755-0-66470800-1293160574_thumb.j

• SRC Member

yes.

live aquaria is selling them at $700 USD.

actually i'm quite surprised with the price.

the lennard's wrasse close cousin, the feminine wrasse, is retailing for >$1k USD at live aquaria. feminine is alot more common but very very seldom collected and v difficult. so why is the feminine more expensive than the lennard?

recently there was a huge collection of lennard's wrasse from west australia. about a dozen or more were collected. maybe due to the influx, the price drop.

lennard's wrasse is very very rare and is holy grail of the tamarin wrasses.

the other one is feminine wrasse which is more common but very very seldom collected.

both are very difficult to keep.

here's a pic of feminine wrasse.

yeah, i actually thought it would cost more ...

25 Gal Micro Ocean