OMG! Look at these hybrids and rare fishes!

chingchai finally got his dream fish.

a dejongi basslet (Gramma dejongi) from dejong marine. also in the same shipment was a pair of Cirrhilabrus balteatus.

Envy!! So he is the one who bought it! Looks like a nice and big piece.

• SRC Member

chingchai finally got his dream fish.

a dejongi basslet (Gramma dejongi) from dejong marine. also in the same shipment was a pair of Cirrhilabrus balteatus.

Check out our pair of Cirrhilabrus balteatus. :)

30464781d0a90516dafb87e28d10d70d05810829.jpg

Cheers

• Senior Reefer

v nice pair of balteatus, M3.

here's chingchai's dejongi and balteatus pair undergoing acclimation.

his balteatus is also v big.

but unfortunately, balteatus colour is not the easiest to hold. but with a female, it should be ok.

post-15755-0-47044000-1300324820_thumb.j

• Senior Reefer

They do still survive.

do you do any extra medication during quarantine for ventralis anthias?

their survival rate is very low, i'm sure you've experienced that in the past too.

do you medicate with praziquantel? it seems that internal parasites are quite a problem. they get skinnier despite feeding.

do you do any extra medication during quarantine for ventralis anthias?

their survival rate is very low, i'm sure you've experienced that in the past too.

do you medicate with praziquantel? it seems that internal parasites are quite a problem. they get skinnier despite feeding.

I totally agree.

Their survival rate is too low. Not recommend to keep.

I didn't use any kind of medicine. Just QT for 3 weeks and put them in the display tank.

" Life is too short to drink bad wine "

Ching

www.siamreefclub.com

I totally agree.

I didn't use any kind of medicine. Just QT for 3 weeks and put them in the display tank.

I've tried ventralis three times and they eat well, but jux get skinnier and waste away within a month.

Hawaiiensis ventralis are even worse, harder to maintain and poor shippers. Those that have appeared here all did not survive during holding at the LFS.

I hope u'll continue to enjoy success with the ventralis becos they are not rare, but able to keep them healthy is v rare and something v hard to achieve, especially for the hawaiiensis ventralis! Also congrats on your new gramma dejongi! Beautiful fish but too rich for my blood!

• SRC Member

I totally agree.

Good luck with the ventralis and the new fish, the dejongi... :) How;s the golden hawkfish.... i love the face... so people owe him money :P

I've tried ventralis three times and they eat well, but jux get skinnier and waste away within a month.

Hawaiiensis ventralis are even worse, harder to maintain and poor shippers. Those that have appeared here all did not survive during holding at the LFS.

I hope u'll continue to enjoy success with the ventralis becos they are not rare, but able to keep them healthy is v rare and something v hard to achieve, especially for the hawaiiensis ventralis! Also congrats on your new gramma dejongi! Beautiful fish but too rich for my blood!

I did lose so many ventralis and Hawaiiensis ventralis.

But I don't know how to quit. That's bad. Right?

Thanks for your kind words.

Ching

www.siamreefclub.com

But I don't know how to quit. That's bad. Right?

Bad? No. Sometimes in this hobby the passion and the love for some fishes can be so great that we cannot stop or control ourselves.

But ventralis i really have to give up. Too much pain and sadness watching them get skinnier and die. Dun ever want to go through that again.

By the way do u find Flavoguttatus anthias easier or they are equally as difficult?

Many has came to Singapore but i seldom heard of anyone keeping them alive so it'll be great if u can share yuour experience or success with us.

P.S. I'm waiting for the exciting updates of Dejongi!

These tanks contain the some of the rarest butterflies!

Dichrous butterfly, Marleyi butterfly, hybrid pyramid butterfly, also aya, marcellae, and a random fuscipinnis anthias and chrysogaster clownfish pair.

post-10328-0-61613900-1300632403_thumb.j

post-10328-0-78145700-1300632410_thumb.j

Bad? No. Sometimes in this hobby the passion and the love for some fishes can be so great that we cannot stop or control ourselves.

But ventralis i really have to give up. Too much pain and sadness watching them get skinnier and die. Dun ever want to go through that again.

By the way do u find Flavoguttatus anthias easier or they are equally as difficult?

Many has came to Singapore but i seldom heard of anyone keeping them alive so it'll be great if u can share yuour experience or success with us.

P.S. I'm waiting for the exciting updates of Dejongi!

Flavoguttatus anthias is more difficult. They are too fragile.

I only have two out of 30 or so.

For Dejongi, I am waiting to get another one.

Don't know when?

Ching

www.siamreefclub.com

Flavoguttatus anthias is more difficult. They are too fragile.

I only have two out of 30 or so.

For Dejongi, I am waiting to get another one.

Don't know when?

Another Dejongi? Hav to wait for Dejong Marine. They are the only one able to get the fish now.

dichrous butterfly?

is it a new one collected? or is that an old one?

The dichrous is an old one. But the picture is a new update.