OMG! Look at these hybrids and rare fishes!

• Senior Reefer

Yes, temporary, leaving again in a week time.

Great to hear the nice little frogfish is doing well. I cant buy la, sure die in my hand one, somemore muz live feed so troublesome.

BTW where is our redsea pearlscale?!

why so urgent!! :upsidedown:

the best time for paucifasciatus to arrive will be when you're back from all your trips and once my tank is ready. get a pair and then all set to go! weee

anyway digiman, colinis coming tomorrow at iwarna. i think i might want to try 1 and keep at reefer's place for the time being. might stand a better chance if buy straight from shipment instead of letting them linger in a bare tank at LFS.

You keeping with who? Might need to flood tank to get it to feed...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

You keeping with who? Might need to flood tank to get it to feed...

keep with joe in his sump.

plenty of liverock and pods with a light to prevent it from getting too dark. then ask him to train it on frozen for me! :angry:

keep with joe in his sump.

plenty of liverock and pods with a light to prevent it from getting too dark. then ask him to train it on frozen for me! :angry:

Haha... He will have to flood to get it to feed... Maybe he have some secret recipe to get finicky fish to eat... LOL..

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

Haha... He will have to flood to get it to feed... Maybe he have some secret recipe to get finicky fish to eat... LOL..

flood till his precious SPS turn brown :)

anyway digiman, colinis coming tomorrow at iwarna. i think i might want to try 1 and keep at reefer's place for the time being. might stand a better chance if buy straight from shipment instead of letting them linger in a bare tank at LFS.

Why not jux get the colini at RB, they are starved for some time and should be slightly easier to start feeding and wean onto prepared food. Furthermore they've been there for some time so should be more stable. Getting newly arrived specimen during shipment harbours possible problems like internal parasites, decompression maladies and shipping stress etc.

why so urgent!! :upsidedown:

the best time for paucifasciatus to arrive will be when you're back from all your trips and once my tank is ready. get a pair and then all set to go! weee

I got one week free ma, can get a new fish.

freaks! :angry:

Designers clowns (I prefer to call them mutated clowns) are the in things now in marine!

• Senior Reefer

Why not jux get the colini at RB, they are starved for some time and should be slightly easier to start feeding and wean onto prepared food. Furthermore they've been there for some time so should be more stable. Getting newly arrived specimen during shipment harbours possible problems like internal parasites, decompression maladies and shipping stress etc.

i was considering those at reborn today but i'm pretty sure one of them is dead by now. (the swimming dead ones as you call it). The other one dunno still alive or not. i check out those at iwarna tomorrow first. besides i think the price much better ._.

I got one week free ma, can get a new fish.

oh yeah ah you still got 1 week. speaking of red sea fish liveaqua sold a 1.3/4 inch juvenile africanus for $300+ -.- not something i would ever pay for an africanus but the juvenile colour is spectacular.

Designers clowns (I prefer to call them mutated clowns) are the in things now in marine!

never liked clowns. my fav still false percs.

• Senior Reefer

Full grown Africanus can be beautiful as well:

DSC00073.jpg

Rare fish at Interzoo 2010, Xanthic Bicolor:

never liked africanus unfortunately.

hmm.........xanthic bicolor. i won't say it's ugly but i've seen nicer bicolour aberrations that you've posted before.

question is will this xanthic morph return back to it's original colour? most xanthic ones i've seen just have their colours reversed in whitish/paler shade. this bicolour lacks the blue entirely lol. looks like a hybrid

never liked africanus unfortunately.

hmm.........xanthic bicolor. i won't say it's ugly but i've seen nicer bicolour aberrations that you've posted before.

question is will this xanthic morph return back to it's original colour? most xanthic ones i've seen just have their colours reversed in whitish/paler shade. this bicolour lacks the blue entirely lol. looks like a hybrid

Eventually will as it's still a xanthic no matter how little blue it has.

Tmr when u visit Iwarna help me look out for any flamexrusty though it's v unlikely. The small bandit still around at RB?

post-10328-12743717913311_thumb.jpg

post-10328-12743718021443_thumb.jpg

• Senior Reefer

Eventually will as it's still a xanthic no matter how little blue it has.

Tmr when u visit Iwarna help me look out for any flamexrusty though it's v unlikely. The small bandit still around at RB?

ok will do. dunno abt the bandit.

• Senior Reefer

actually im kinda curious.

are there any evolutionary or genetic similarities to all the centropyge complex?

like flameback, argi, resplendens etc. this is considered 1 complex right?

actually im kinda curious.

are there any evolutionary or genetic similarities to all the centropyge complex?

Hmm i major maths one so unless i bother reading up more i cant answer that. Furthermore i find no interest in life sciences, give me headaches!

like flameback, argi, resplendens etc. this is considered 1 complex right?

Cant remember read somewhere that they use to be argi complex but genetics has shown that they are all the same species, so which means jux colour variations

• Senior Reefer

urgh. i'm totally opposite. life sciences my interest and maths i CMI.

maybe i'll go find out more when i have time. maybe when i'm super free during FYP i bring fish samples to school and run the entire gene map. perhaps can find something cool and then can coin it as lemon's discovery :D

• Senior Reefer

anyway...

nothing we've not seen before. very used to seeing this by now! can see but cannot obtain!

i especially like these two picturs. especially the first pic. looks so healthy and cute.

post-15755-12743724756047_thumb.jpg

post-15755-1274372480477_thumb.jpg