OMG! Look at these hybrids and rare fishes!

leucozonas came in ONCE only from irene.

now it's dead.

the carribean biotope tank is v v nice.

Tat leucozonus in Irene's tank is bound to die. She is most of the time not in the shop and only feed the tank a few times a week, how is the anthias gg to survive there! Wasted a rare fish!

The leucozonus at BH has a stronger colour than the one at Irene's tank.

• Senior Reefer

Tat leucozonus in Irene's tank is bound to die. She is most of the time not in the shop and only feed the tank a few times a week, how is the anthias gg to survive there! Wasted a rare fish!

The leucozonus at BH has a stronger colour than the one at Irene's tank.

yup.

i see a little plectranthias at the bottom of the leuco picture.

wats that.

sagami?

• Senior Reefer

e second pic, i tink AM got bring in before if im not mistaken....

both are the same fish.

many LFS will bring in occasionally on and off.

AM, reborn, CF. in fact i think CF still have some left from their maldive shipment.

beautiful fish with unique shape. it's body is quite long and the anal fin is very sharp and distinct.

blue can be seen at different angles and the yellow pectoral fin makes it unmistakable.

Plectranthias Kellogi, a rare but inexpensive perchlet that is only caught in Japan.

post-10328-060547200 1291992407_thumb.jp

Apolemichthys xanthotis, a rare angelfish from Red-sea that occasionally enters the trade. But in singapore we can only dream of getting this fish becos our redsea supplier are rather useless in providing other fishes except for purple tang and golden butterfly.

post-10328-039616900 1291992413_thumb.jp

Centropyge flavipectoralis, a common and unpopular dwarf angel posted earlier by lemon. V few pple are able to see beauty in this fish.

post-10328-087010500 1291992595_thumb.jp

Cirrhilabrus Sp. Number wat sp mux will need lemon to chime in as well as the common name.

post-10328-062944900 1291993143_thumb.jp

Sakura Anthias, from Japan. Unpopular becos of it's cooler water need. RB brought in before, shown is a male which is more colourful den a female.

post-10328-041933400 1291993128_thumb.jp

Privitera Anthias, from cook island deepwater. A surprisingly easy anthias despite being a deepwater fish. Most expensive anthias currently in the market, each fish is about USD1200.

post-10328-076556400 1291993121_thumb.jp

post-10328-076942000 1291993135_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

Centropyge flavipectoralis, a common and unpopular dwarf angel posted earlier by lemon. V few pple are able to see beauty in this fish.

not really common but yes obtainable on a regular basis. i find it very unique and beautiful. its like nox but has a longer body shape with yellow fins and blue-er body.

Cirrhilabrus Sp. Number wat sp mux will need lemon to chime in as well as the common name.

post-10328-062944900 1291993143_thumb.jp

this is an unidentified fairy wrasse in the rubriventralis complex. it hails from Bali. commonly called the balinese fairy wrasse. It's not labelled as Cirrhilabrus sp, because it is closely related with Cirrhilabrus morrisoni, and thus, it's current un-id scientific name is Cirrhilabrus cf. morrisoni. i like this one alot and hope to see it one day!

• SRC Member

IIRC these 2 are available at CF right now - was there just yesterday.....

Apolemichthys xanthotis, a rare angelfish from Red-sea that occasionally enters the trade. But in singapore we can only dream of getting this fish becos our redsea supplier are rather useless in providing other fishes except for purple tang and golden butterfly.

post-10328-039616900 1291992413_thumb.jp

[attachment=149904:Flavipectoralis.jpg

Intelligent people talk about ideas......

Average people talk about things......

Small people talk about other people......

• Senior Reefer

IIRC these 2 are available at CF right now - was there just yesterday.....

thanks for sharing! yes.

flavipectoralis is available there from their sri lanka shipment. back last row. i think 3-4 if i remember correct.

they have xanthothis angel? or is it xanthurus?

xanthrus is from phil/indo but xanthothis is from red sea.

post-15755-074133600 1292000154_thumb.jp

thanks for sharing! yes.

flavipectoralis is available there from their sri lanka shipment. back last row. i think 3-4 if i remember correct.

they have xanthothis angel? or is it xanthurus?

xanthrus is from phil/indo but xanthothis is from red sea.

They dun hav xanthotis.

CF jux recently hav xanthurus angelfish from their maldive shipment though.

For those who are wondering what are the differences between xanthotis(rare) and xanthurus(more common), the difference is v v subtle:

The white is much more vibrant on the body of A.Xanthotis and the black on the dorsal area is also much more pronounced than A.Xanthurus.

However for juvenile/sub-adults, these differences may not be v obvious and the fish will look v similar and lead to confusion.

Below are two adults for clear comparisons:

Xanthotis:

tn_Apxan_u6.jpg

and the creamer coloured xanthurus:

post-10328-070462500 1292030091_thumb.jp