Roidan's Reef (I)

roidan

• SRC Member

Thanks patrick...

it's a HSA dual beckett skimmer, each beckett having its own tower...

flowrate? dependent on the pump you use to drive it....

cost ah..if get the real one, should be around USD$ 995.00 means if you ship it over...should exceed SGD2K

45" (height) x 9" x 21½" for 200 - 2000 gallons..recommended pumps 5MD, 55RLT, 70RLT, 100RLT

but probably get someone to do something with dual beckett, dual tower but some differeneces here and there...

Better in the sense, it can skim a higher volume since its 2 towers and i can make each tower higher than any of the skimmers i am using now.....technology wise, should not lose to the aquaC/H&S....at worse on par....

i am already skimming MUD from the other 2....beckett probably can skim CONCRETE? :lol:

wow....for this height cannot keep in the cabinet liao.... Are you going to custom make another cabinet, or put it on the side of the tank?

BTW, anyone doing bulk order on this skimmer?

Thanks,

Patrick

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member
nobody wants to guess how many ah...sigh..okok...just 10 :P

their stretchy legs reminds me of the spider on the spiderman's costume :lol:

i just wanna guess 12( max fron the tel reservation) but saw u posted 10..hhhehehe

just got 2 myself during lunchtime..turns out to be 1 male n 1 female.. :)

• SRC Member
not sure...have lots of time to think about it....

dun think many will go for it....how big is your tank? maybe can just go for aquaC and H&S...these brands have bulk order offers

Tank is 1000L. The H&S 150 is rated at 850L. Not sure about the AquaC. So may be have to buy two like you.

In your opinion, do you think 2 x skimmer of smaller capacity is better, or one big one that can handle higher capacity is better?

i just wanna guess 12( max fron the tel reservation) but saw u posted 10..hhhehehe

just got 2 myself during lunchtime..turns out to be 1 male n 1 female..  :)

good for you bro..

like i said, almost wanted to take all if not for the fact that you guys will want also...

i was first there, both in person as well as phone to buy all....then no one can complain hor.... :P

but like i said...i dun wanna see another crabby(crappy) issue again :lol:

glad you got a pair bro :)

In your opinion, do you think 2 x skimmer of smaller capacity is better, or one big one that can handle higher capacity is better?

many will feel one large one is good enough..

tell u wat...go for aquaC ev400 ....should be enough....mine is only ev240.... :)

it's not a matter of 2 skimmers of small capacity...but 2 skimmers where each skimmer can already handle the capacity of the tank.... :)

• SRC Member

Tank is 1000L. The H&S 150 is rated at 850L. Not sure about the AquaC. So may be have to buy two like you.

hi patrick,

u can go for H&S 200-2xF2001.. it's rated 1500l.. just got mine from SL..

can go this website for more info..

http://www.hs-aquaristik.de/Englisch/Absch...haumerengl.html

hmmm scarlet hermits....

yeap...7 of them prowling now :)

Halloween Hermit Crab

(Ciliopagurus strigatus)

The Halloween Hermit Crab originating from the Hawaiian Islands, is bright orange with red banding. They are a very colorful addition to the marine aquarium, and they aid in eating any left over food that may settle on the substrate. These crabs live in abandoned snail or triton shells, or it may resort to attacking and eating a snail so it can use the shell for its home.

The Halloween Hermit Crab is a valuable addition to an aquarium because it will eat algae including green hair algae and cyanobacteria. In addition, it provides valuable aeration by sifting through the sand. These Hermit Crabs can become destructive in a reef aquarium when they attain a large size.

If there is an insufficient amount of algae present, the Halloween Hermit Crab will need to be fed dried seaweed, as well as meaty items such as mysis shrimp.

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Di...=23&pCatId=1639

post-34-1079836979.jpg