400w MH with 6 x 24w blue T5

Hydor wavemaker controller

Aquatronica controller

Daikin compressor with double coil

RM CR

H&S out sump skimmer

sharp eyes ;) besides camera angles, got another reason..PM u liao...haha

anyway, your AT feeding on other stuff?

mine just veges and pellets now....doesn't eat the other food that you feed your AT with... :)

Hmm sadly my AT din make it.... even though it is eating like crazy but it just cannot outbattle the ich..... But good to hear that yours and boss one are doing well.... ;););) Prob that my AT die could be stress from lack of space...... learnt my lesson and now i will never venture into tangs again... my sps oing better and so is my tank.... ;););)

a little chip...no prob lah.....my black tang still has occasional chipped on the fin every now and then.............

Your AT will do well.............

wow.........so many fishes..........

if I ever give up reefkeeping.....can I go over your place to look at your tank? :lol:

Not only can save admission fee, but also see a great variety of fishes. And may get free coffee as well(no skimmate har) :lol:

hehe....ok...no problem...maybe during the school holidays when u are more free :)

anyway, i have been trying to catch my cleaner wrasses out of my tank....they have become too aggressive for my liking...been lucky or unlucky to have them last for a few months already...

list of their crimes:

aggressively cleaning the fishes, and i think the fishes react with a tinge of pain <_< ,when AT went in, the cleaner wrasses also chase after AT to clean....

pecking at the clam mantles, which i have moved out my clams already....even my giant clam is now in my clam tank :blink:

lastly, chasing my poor helfrich everytime my dear helfrich wants to come out to the open to feed during feeding time...resulting in mr helfrich lingering at some dens behind the rockwalls....

and the moment my net hits the waters, the cleaner wrasses dart into the crevices....they are such a pain to me now....

if i can ever remove all of them...will replace them with an army of neon gobies :lol:

neon gobies are extremely aggressive to its own kind when they are not mated...will fight till one of them dies........so an army....a bit of a challenge... :lol:

but in a 6ft...maybe good with a few of them...well spread out....they might not see each other at all :lol::lol::lol:

interesting observation:

the loner of the tank, the black tang, decided to bully AT just before lights out....and yellow tang darted from one side of the tank to the other side to chase him back into the back channels....

ok...maybe can understand why yellow tang is so anti-black tang....they are of same zebrasoma family...

but why does the black tang wanna bully AT when he is mostly not in open waters all the time due to the yellow tang....

he was willing to put himself at yellow tang's mercy by coming out to the open waters to bully AT....

dun tell me the black tang can see that AT is also black?

question here: are fishes able to see colours? :unsure:

neon gobies are extremely aggressive to its own kind when they are not mated...will fight till one of them dies........so an army....a bit of a challenge... :lol:

but in a 6ft...maybe good with a few of them...well spread out....they might not see each other at all :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

yeah...i bought 4 neon gobies actually.. put them into the tank one by one...

2 are always seen together

the other 2 are at different ends of the tank..hehe

interesting creatures, look like the cousins of the freshwater neon tetras :lol:

post-34-1082126785.jpg

• SRC Member

Roidan,

Can you describe the filtration of the 4ft holding tank when your AT is inside? Do you use any form of filter other than the skimmer? How often do you change water or test water parameters to ensure ammonia, nitrite don't shoot up?

Thanks,

Patrick

yup..I love these guys.....one of the best fishes I ever kept...one of my pair will sneak away from the other occasionally and spend some time sitting on my clam :lol::lol:

post-34-1082127206.jpg

If you're in RC, you would have been beaten to death by their resident Tang Police! :lol:

Deputy Dispar Anthia seems to have let you off lightly. :lol: :lol:

Nice AT you got there... but keep an eye on your water quality, mate! ;)

Roidan,

Can you describe the filtration of the 4ft holding tank when your AT is inside?  Do you use any form of filter other than the skimmer?  How often do you change water or test water parameters to ensure ammonia, nitrite don't shoot up?

Thanks,

Patrick

i used a weipro 2014...also put a eheim liberty filter with seachem matrix at one corner...change some water every 2 days or so :)

was thinking of putting more liberties when i have the time :)

If you're in RC, you would have been beaten to death by their resident Tang Police! :lol:

yeah...heng i am not in the states... :lol:

anyway, once they get bigger, i will have to distribute them away....

i have a ready list of adopters, especially my eager relatives and cousins who are always ready to house my stuff when i decide to take out of my tanks, be it corals or fishes..hehe

they hawk over my tanks every weekend suggesting to me which one to take out first... :lol:

yeah...hope the system holds till a couple of months more....a double beckett will be due by then....

and if budget allows, the deltec with 6needlewheel pumps AP 1006 is what i may want also...probably can run a small public aquarium with this skimmer already :lol:

For Aquariums up to:

Heavy Stocking 8000 Ltrs (1778 gals)

Normal Stocking 12000 Ltrs (2667 gals)

http://www.deltecaquariumsolutions.com/skimmers_11.php

High turnover skimmer:

AquaC Ev240(present) ------->double beckett (a couple of months time)

Low turnover skimmer:

H&S 150-F2001(present)------------>deltec 4-6needlewheel pumps (if i can really bear to part with the cash)

i still like the double prong skimming method:

one skimmer with high turnover and another with lower turnover but more thorough skimming :)

Yah he is still not the no 1 wanted criminal so i let him off lightly

hehe....

actually like i said before, as long as plans are made to rehouse the tangs when they grow larger, no problem with keeping a few small to mid sized tangs in a 6ft tank like mine...

but once they outgrow the tank, have to be responsible enough to give them up to tanks which have more swimming space for them :)

but if one continues to keep the tangs while there is obviously not enough lateral swimming length for their body size, i think it is then time for tang police to come in ;)

by then i hope a 12ft tank system will be in place..then no need for adoption..secret project somewhere...will not be documented here...but will invite some bros to see the finished project if circumstances allow ;)