Post your Angel tanks here!

Tts great, I guess I will go for the Asfur instead of the majestic or blueface. Any idea if I should put in the Emperor or the Asfur first? Ok, I have finally finalized my fish list, will start to change water this weekend and start to stock up one fish a week.

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Senior Reefer

Tts great, I guess I will go for the Asfur instead of the majestic or blueface. Any idea if I should put in the Emperor or the Asfur first? Ok, I have finally finalized my fish list, will start to change water this weekend and start to stock up one fish a week.

for a 3 2 2 tank, i won't even reccomend any big angels. emperor, blue face, majestic, and asfur, out of all these 4, i would say absolutely no to emperor and blueface. 3x2x2 is way too small for this two.

i suggest EITHER majestic or asfur because you can get them at 2(majestic) -3(asfur) inches with adult colouration already. Get them small and when they grow too big, sell it off.

I vote for Asfur, v nice fish and v hardy. Emperor of asfur go in first depend on which is bigger. If u plan to keep a bigger emperor den asfur go in first and vice versa.

for a 3 2 2 tank, i won't even reccomend any big angels. emperor, blue face, majestic, and asfur, out of all these 4, i would say absolutely no to emperor and blueface. 3x2x2 is way too small for this two.

i suggest EITHER majestic or asfur because you can get them at 2(majestic) -3(asfur) inches with adult colouration already. Get them small and when they grow too big, sell it off.

I kind of disagree. There are many HK tanks which keep so many big angels in a not so big tank and they can maintain healthy and fat fishes. To each his own i guess. Tat said i personally object to keeping big angels in 3ft and below tank unless u can find small ones.

• Senior Reefer

I kind of disagree. There are many HK tanks which keep so many big angels in a not so big tank and they can maintain healthy and fat fishes. To each his own i guess. Tat said i personally object to keeping big angels in 3ft and below tank unless u can find small ones.

i dunno how those HK people do it also. but for me it's kinda personal policy and i personally object against keeping large angels and tangs in 3ft and below. unless, you find a small one. :)

for a 3 2 2 tank, i won't even reccomend any big angels. emperor, blue face, majestic, and asfur, out of all these 4, i would say absolutely no to emperor and blueface. 3x2x2 is way too small for this two. Remember 10gallon per inches of fish?

I totally agreed with you that a 322 is too small to house big angel.But if house only 1 Poma or Holacanthus family angel 4-7 inches,with some small wrasses, i dont see any problem with it. I find that it is ok to house a 6-7 or 8 inches Imperator in a 89 gallon with proper husbandryof water parameter.

You mention a NO to emperor and Blue face as 322 too small, what about Majestic and Asfur? Both are Pomacanthus and Euxiphipop(Pomacanthus) family too. They can reach to 30cm in wild just as their cousin emperor and blue face.

They will not obtain the max size like the wild, but i can certain they will grow to the max of 6 inches from a 4 inches in a 322.

rkq2zd.jpg

• Senior Reefer

I totally agreed with you that a 322 is too small to house big angel.But if house only 1 Poma or Holacanthus family angel 4-7 inches,with some small wrasses, i dont see any problem with it. I find that it is ok to house a 6-7 or 8 inches Imperator in a 89 gallon with proper husbandryof water parameter.

You mention a NO to emperor and Blue face as 322 too small, what about Majestic and Asfur? Both are Pomacanthus and Euxiphipop(Pomacanthus) family too. They can reach to 30cm in wild just as their cousin emperor and blue face.

They will not obtain the max size like the wild, but i can certain they will grow to the max of 6 inches from a 4 inches in a 322.

i said no to emperor and blue face because they are usually too big already to go into a 322

i aid yes to asfur and majestic because u can get them small. but i also say to sell them off when they get too big.

i said no to emperor and blue face because they are usually too big already to go into a 322

i aid yes to asfur and majestic because u can get them small. but i also say to sell them off when they get too big.

Yes i you still can get a small emperor and blue face 3-4 inches in LFS. I had seen a fully change emperor at 4 inches at SL before and a Blue face at 4 inches too. In the end, all are the big bone Pomacanthurus family. They are aggressive.

rkq2zd.jpg

Adult emperor maybe too big, the smallest i saw with adult coloration is 4 inch... I would say 322 is kinda cramp for them... Even my 332, I dint even thought of large angel, did crossed my mind but never really decided on it..

Asfur and Majestic, you can get them at 3inch and if you are lucky smaller a bit.. Or you can prefer to go for Juv and let them morph to adult.. But will take a long time(1 year maybe)...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

Adult emperor maybe too big, the smallest i saw with adult coloration is 4 inch... I would say 322 is kinda cramp for them... Even my 332, I dint even thought of large angel, did crossed my mind but never really decided on it..

Asfur and Majestic, you can get them at 3inch and if you are lucky smaller a bit.. Or you can prefer to go for Juv and let them morph to adult.. But will take a long time(1 year maybe)...

I will not be cramp if you house a single emperor with less rock work. But anyway it is just personal way of keeping. My uncle had kept a french 7 inches in a 3x2x2.5 for 4 yrs before the power supply trip.

rkq2zd.jpg

I will not be cramp if you house a single emperor with less rock work. But anyway it is just personal way of keeping. My uncle had kept a french 7 inches in a 3x2x2.5 for 4 yrs before the power supply trip.

Yea, Like for me, I prefer keeping smaller size fish, so that i can get more fishes.. LOL...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

Have anyone seen this gem before? What kind of wrasses is this?

29ok86p.jpg

Look at this goby

wjv31c.jpg

Hi, Where you saw it? keep in salt water tank? Looks like brackish water cichlid? It Is possible.. I keep before similar type of fishes catch from brackish river in salt water tank... Long ago... when I was young age.. :)

Cheers..

30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif
BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

They are not wrasses or gobies and not marine. They're Tanganyika Cichlids, freshwater.

TQ for the ID bro. I just found out that they are Benthochromis Tricoti (top) and Enantiopus Kilisa

rkq2zd.jpg

TQ for the ID bro. I just found out that they are Benthochromis Tricoti (top) and Enantiopus Kilisa

Bingo. Your avatar is also tangan cichlid, OPTHALMOTILAPIA NASUTA GOLD. Tangan fishes used to be my favourite and i've kept a 3ft tangan setup many years ago when tangan fishes are so hard to come by in Singapore. They are an interesting group of fish and if i ever grow bored w marine will definitely switch back to Tangan.

Bingo. Your avatar is also tangan cichlid, OPTHALMOTILAPIA NASUTA GOLD. Tangan fishes used to be my favourite and i've kept a 3ft tangan setup many years ago when tangan fishes are so hard to come by in Singapore. They are an interesting group of fish and if i ever grow bored w marine will definitely switch back to Tangan.

Haha tanga is rare here i believe. But they will never defeat the marine although they are close.

rkq2zd.jpg

Haha tanga is rare here i believe. But they will never defeat the marine although they are close.

No now Tanga is rather common here already, most LFS(freshwater) carry considerable variety of stocks. Favourite LFS is NKS Kovan. Ok dun wan off-topic anymore better stop here.