150 gallon marine aquarium

hijackng

• SRC Member
dont think will crash la.... tank so stable.... just dont add more fish la.... lol and judging from ur tank pic... u hardly got space for anymore colonies.... frags lo... like me... colelct frag only... trying hard to stay away frm colonies.... tired of battling pests....

I sure wish my tank can go on for another 5 years. But there is a myth that DSB will eventually crash at about 5 year time. :ph34r:

Anyway, beside DSB, I also had a refugium, tons of LR (berlin system) and two skimmer to help in exporting nutrient. To tell the true I had not done water change for 5 years. hehe.....dont try this on your tank, it might not work for you.

I also planning to add on a small tank link to my current one, to serve as propagation tank and maintance tank ( water change in future ).

• SRC Member
No water change in 5 years...? That's pretty amazing, and your live stock and corals are thriving. :ooh::bow:

Not wrong five years....

however, from past experience... I need to control the amount of fish and fish food in order to keep NO3 under control.

Now I only feed my fish twice a week.

1L of Rowa phos every 6 months, 3 to 5 drop of iodine every day, K+ & A- element every week.

• SRC Member

5 years no water change and coral still colourful..... ur skimmer really working.... haha.... well... if it aint broken.. dont fix it....lol... just continue doing what u do lo.... adding a new tank means putting in new water.... suggest u use natural seawater?

• SRC Member
5 years no water change and coral still colourful..... ur skimmer really working.... haha.... well... if it aint broken.. dont fix it....lol... just continue doing what u do lo.... adding a new tank means putting in new water.... suggest u use natural seawater?

Trying to do some WC. hehe..... wanted to prolong life span of dsb.

the sps on post #485 looks like it will turn red?... hmm i also dont know what it is...

This pic always change it colour between reddish brown to pinkish brown to brown.

FTS Jan 09

tats a very nice tank...swee

Main tank: 4.5 x 2.5 x 2
Skimmer: Deltec AP701
Return pump: RD 6

Chiller: Daikin compressor with Titanium coil
Wavemaker: Jebao w-20, Maxspect Gyre xf150

Lighting: 8x54 ATI Sunpower Non-dimmable

Linked tank
Main tank: 2 x 1 x 2
Return: Eheim 1260
Lighting: AI Hydra 26 with controller
Wavemaker: Tunze 6025
My decommed 3 ft setup

• 2 weeks later...
  • Senior Reefer

At the very very beginning of your tank, and this thread, i saw a very nice blue sponge that captured my heart. Every page i turn, i have been on a lookout for that pretty blue sponge.. now i cant see it =( i really like it and i hope its still alive =)

• SRC Member
At the very very beginning of your tank, and this thread, i saw a very nice blue sponge that captured my heart. Every page i turn, i have been on a lookout for that pretty blue sponge.. now i cant see it =( i really like it and i hope its still alive =)

Getting smaller and smaller until it fully dissovle away.

Cant keep it for long.

• SRC Member
ahem... ahem..... wei... update leh!!! saw u busy chosing some magnificent pieces the other day??!!! a little bird also told me he spend half an hour to place the 3 corals??

Haha.. ya lo. Full house liao.

Like the blue A. mille you choose.

post-521-1232772503.jpg