3x2x1.5 tank

w3ish3ng

• Moderators
wow Evansi + Ventralis! Hope they will thrive in your tank yeah? pseudanthias are really beautiful

So far so good, the evansi been 3 months liao. I bought them with a mindset that they will be gone in 1 or 2 weeks time.

As I had this experience before when a LFS used to bring them in a year or 2 ago.

Keeping my fingers crossed. At least they are feeding any frozen food I throw in.

Hard to get them feed on pellet thou. :(

Tom

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member
So far so good, the evansi been 3 months liao. I bought them with a mindset that they will be gone in 1 or 2 weeks time.

As I had this experience before when a LFS used to bring them in a year or 2 ago.

Keeping my fingers crossed. At least they are feeding any frozen food I throw in.

Hard to get them feed on pellet thou. :(

That sounds good! If u want more variety I can give you some. Give them as much nutrition as possible! I have too much of it anyway in my freezer. I have at least 8 different frozen food in my freezer + Arctipods if you want any :shock:

To think my yellow clown goby still didn't make it...

Actually since I'm kinda :off: , w3ish3ng, if you want, I also can give you! :) I'm trying to go 100% NLS now la...

How's your ventralis doing. Mine trio were doing fine for the past few days, they eat v well and took almost everything and were always out in the open. The male and one of the female had some minor open wound marks developed at one side of their body, those same marks u can see on a bandit angel which is slowly wasting away. This morning both of them died and the third one is now hiding for the whole day because of the lack of accompany, so i suspect she's not gg to survive pass today also. I dun think the higher temp (i decrease it to 26 since 2 days ago) is the full cause of the death, i should have QT the fish w melafix to prevent the external infection. Guess this is the last time i'm trying this fish after the only female left dies.

Confirmed all 3 of my ventralis gone! Weisheng hope your ventralis are doing well. Henry sms and told me the ventralis in his shop also died a lot, and all those tat died develop the same symptoms of red marks on the side body tat i encountered. One reefer bought 20 pieces of ventralis and within the first few days 9 died with the red marks symptoms. Guess this fish survival rate is 40% or less.

• SRC Member
Confirmed all 3 of my ventralis gone! Weisheng hope your ventralis are doing well. Henry sms and told me the ventralis in his shop also died a lot, and all those tat died develop the same symptoms of red marks on the side body tat i encountered. One reefer bought 20 pieces of ventralis and within the first few days 9 died with the red marks symptoms. Guess this fish survival rate is 40% or less.

thing is we will never know the cause of death for these fish. Ventralis are super deepwater fish, could be tank conditions, acclimatization, handling from capture to Henry's. Beautiful fish, I hope there are some who adapt to tank life.

How's your ventralis doing. Mine trio were doing fine for the past few days, they eat v well and took almost everything and were always out in the open. The male and one of the female had some minor open wound marks developed at one side of their body, those same marks u can see on a bandit angel which is slowly wasting away. This morning both of them died and the third one is now hiding for the whole day because of the lack of accompany, so i suspect she's not gg to survive pass today also. I dun think the higher temp (i decrease it to 26 since 2 days ago) is the full cause of the death, i should have QT the fish w melafix to prevent the external infection. Guess this is the last time i'm trying this fish after the only female left dies.

I think it is the complication for deepwater fish that are needled to help with the decompression... If the needling is not done properly, the fish will have complication like this.. Or perhaps a QT will help to prevent the external infection...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• SRC Member
I think it is the complication for deepwater fish that are needled to help with the decompression... If the needling is not done properly, the fish will have complication like this.. Or perhaps a QT will help to prevent the external infection...

From what I learnt from Henry, it could be external infection, could also be manifestation of internal parasites. Never easy to deduce the cause because these symptoms don't come out till much later. By then, could be too late to medicate.

From what I learnt from Henry, it could be external infection, could also be manifestation of internal parasites. Never easy to deduce the cause because these symptoms don't come out till much later. By then, could be too late to medicate.

Most probably external infection because of the needling wound although it is very tiny but still will get infection... So a QT is always the best for these expensive and delicate fishes...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• 1 month later...
Mine were swimming in the open with the 4 evansi i got the very next morning I release them from betta box.

The female is the more daring one and feeding a little more than the male.

At least for now, they are not "hassled" by the older residence. :D

For the moment I had lost my female, male is still doing fine, rushing for all the foods, hope he does well.

How's everyone ventralis doing? Mine as mentioned b4 all died in less than a week.

Weisheng, did u see the hawaii ventralis at LCK? Quite sad 2 out of 3 are breaking down already, one last one looks healthy but still too early to say that it can make it. Anyway got good size bandits available, your dream fish, can get now.

• SRC Member
How's everyone ventralis doing? Mine as mentioned b4 all died in less than a week.

Weisheng, did u see the hawaii ventralis at LCK? Quite sad 2 out of 3 are breaking down already, one last one looks healthy but still too early to say that it can make it. Anyway got good size bandits available, your dream fish, can get now.

hey, my male mia too.. will be the last time i get them. was in thailand the last few days so shop until no money already..

you bought ventralis again?

Member of

n34281892381_7606.jpg

hey, my male mia too.. will be the last time i get them. was in thailand the last few days so shop until no money already..

you bought ventralis again?

I actually tot of trying it one last time, the hawaii ventralis. But after looking at the condition of the ventralis and the shocking price (7 blue notes for one), i gave up. Cant spend tat much on a fish that is dying!

• 1 month later...
  • SRC Member

been neglecting my tank for quite a while..

had been fishless for the past 2-3 months to get rid of whatever diease that is killing my fishes.

currently its a tank with tons of rbta, 2 carpet and some mushroom with 2 cheapo normal clown

_MG_1793copy.jpg

male

_MG_1803.jpg

female

_MG_1813.jpg

together

Member of

n34281892381_7606.jpg

OMG>>> Everytime I see your tank pics, I will have the impulse to go to John 3:16 and grab my macro lens.... grrrr......

Luckily I am at home now....

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Member
OMG>>> Everytime I see your tank pics, I will have the impulse to go to John 3:16 and grab my macro lens.... grrrr......

Luckily I am at home now....

You can always go down later... :eyebrow:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

• 2 weeks later...