powder series tangs

• SRC Member

hi anyone tried successfully keeping 3 of the power series tang together in the same tank? eg. power blue, power brown and powder black. know its impossible but curious to know anyone tried successfully in a 5ft tank or home aquarium.

hi anyone tried successfully keeping 3 of the power series tang together in the same tank? eg. power blue, power brown and powder black. know its impossible but curious to know anyone tried successfully in a 5ft tank or home aquarium.

Hello, don't just tempt us, post a pic of your 3 powder series lei....

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• SRC Member

Would like to see how u keep the aggression at minimum. ;)

Best Regards,

Morpheous

==========================================================================================

My Ocean Pets:

Emperor Angel, PowderBlue Tang, Regal Angel, Teardrop Butterfly, Singapore Angel and Nemos

==========================================================================================

(Only when you guard your lips, you guard your soul....)

• Senior Reefer

I have seen this being done before. I dunno how... but i have seen 2 PBT, 1 PBrT, and 1 PBlkT housed together in a 5.5ft tank. I guess its possible, i just dunno how haha :) Jiayou! hope u can do it

• Senior Reefer
I am tempting with this idea for my new tank also.. Perhaps the thing is the scaping and the way and order they are added... Maybe getting them when they are small is a good idea..

i think shud intro all 3 simultaneously. But very hard coz u need to get all 3 at the same time, or at least keep them in separate holding areas until u aquire all 3. Then u need to quarantine also. Powder tangs are super ich magnet...aggresion will lead to stress, which will lead to ich. Then make sure all are feeding. Also, ur tank must be quite large, maybe 4-5ft? 3 feet definately cannot. Make ur rockwork with alot of caves and overhangs, deep and very secure rockwork to provide sense of security and depth. This are the few advice i can give u, not sure if its correct, but i think it makes some sense. good luck ;)

I used to have them all 3 together for abt a mth, but powder black (whitecheek) died due to not feeding (stress, bullied by other tangs).

But even if u have sucessfully intro them, they will still have occassion fights like wad my current powder blue+ powder brown+ blue tang did in my 4ft

Thus, I think i shall make a stop here... or else U r torturing the animals... :P

My method: Either intro them one shot, if not intro them with other species (many @ a shot) to confuse them... best is intro @ nite when everyone is Zzz

i think shud intro all 3 simultaneously. But very hard coz u need to get all 3 at the same time, or at least keep them in separate holding areas until u aquire all 3. Then u need to quarantine also. Powder tangs are super ich magnet...aggresion will lead to stress, which will lead to ich. Then make sure all are feeding. Also, ur tank must be quite large, maybe 4-5ft? 3 feet definately cannot. Make ur rockwork with alot of caves and overhangs, deep and very secure rockwork to provide sense of security and depth. This are the few advice i can give u, not sure if its correct, but i think it makes some sense. good luck ;)

That is what I am planning to do... Having 3-4 individual QT for them.. Ich will not be free from any tank one.. Becos you cant see them when they are still free swimming... So QT and not adding LFS water to your tank is the best way liao..

Member of:

• SRC Member
Hello, don't just tempt us, post a pic of your 3 powder series lei....

hello. dun suan me in the new year lei. no tempt la i keeping at powder black and blue together for more than 6 mths still fight everyday <_< just bot a powder brown eating well on pellets but is still inside betta box. the 2 other guys already waiting outside liao hehe. wont be releasing anytime soon let them get use to each others first.

• SRC Member

been there, done that Joe

kept powder blue, brown and black together.

kept for a couple of months and they were constantly slashing one another. but the brown is more peaceful for my case.

3 died till from ick after i raise salinity from hypo for 2 months with 1~2 ppt per few days.

IMO, you can try but its very and extremely unlikely they wont fight. i wont want a battle arena everytime i see my tank. now, im just happy to have one, my AT. but i got to admit, sometime its tempting for me to get a blue one, perhaps i will try if i see a nice small hybrid blue :P

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• Senior Reefer

Here are what all 3 tangs look like. If im not wrong, the first picture SHOULD be a powder black tang...im no tang expert, but i found these images online and hope it helps u :)

powder blue, powder brown and powder black

post-15755-1233027088.jpg

post-15755-1233027094.jpg

post-15755-1233027104.jpg

• SRC Member
been there, done that Joe

kept powder blue, brown and black together.

kept for a couple of months and they were constantly slashing one another. but the brown is more peaceful for my case.

3 died till from ick after i raise salinity from hypo for 2 months with 1~2 ppt per few days.

IMO, you can try but its very and extremely unlikely they wont fight. i wont want a battle arena everytime i see my tank. now, im just happy to have one, my AT. but i got to admit, sometime its tempting for me to get a blue one, perhaps i will try if i see a nice small hybrid blue :P

hi law, gong xi fai cai. ya its a war zone between my black and blue now and den. there is ick going on now but going to let nature runs it cause as all is eating well. goudian told me he just got a hybrid blue and black recently <_< never see them around...

Here are what all 3 tangs look like. If im not wrong, the first picture SHOULD be a powder black tang...im no tang expert, but i found these images online and hope it helps u :)

powder blue, powder brown and powder black

powder black and achilles tang look pretty alike

hi law, gong xi fai cai. ya its a war zone between my black and blue now and den. there is ick going on now but going to let nature runs it cause as all is eating well. goudian told me he just got a hybrid blue and black recently <_< never see them around...

Yup... There are quite a few in Reborn previous shipment.. 1-2 weeks back...

Member of:

• Senior Reefer

Dont let nature take its course. It will supress the ich, but will not fully cure it. My fish tio ich for 3 months liao. i keep feeding them, but the ich never go away

after 3 months, now the ich reach epidemic stage le. It will only get worse, just how long or show short only. thats my lesson learnt! lol

• SRC Member
Dont let nature take its course. It will supress the ich, but will not fully cure it. My fish tio ich for 3 months liao. i keep feeding them, but the ich never go away

after 3 months, now the ich reach epidemic stage le. It will only get worse, just how long or show short only. thats my lesson learnt! lol

i've read that ich will never go away in a home aquarium. there lots of factors that caused itch to come back and the best is to build up the immunity of the fish and maintain good water quality. :)

• Senior Reefer
i've read that ich will never go away in a home aquarium. there lots of factors that caused itch to come back and the best is to build up the immunity of the fish and maintain good water quality. :)

good immunity will only suppress the fish from getting ich. the ich will still harm the fish, but not to a lethal level. but the ich will still continue reproducing and reproducing. The minute ur fish immunity goes down, the increase amount of ich will attack the fish. This increased amount of parasites attacking the fish will furthur stress it. My ich problem was being controlled for 3 months with good immunity from my fish. Now, the ich population exploded and my fish kena hit hard. trying to fix the problem now.

• SRC Member
good immunity will only suppress the fish from getting ich. the ich will still harm the fish, but not to a lethal level. but the ich will still continue reproducing and reproducing. The minute ur fish immunity goes down, the increase amount of ich will attack the fish. This increased amount of parasites attacking the fish will furthur stress it. My ich problem was being controlled for 3 months with good immunity from my fish. Now, the ich population exploded and my fish kena hit hard. trying to fix the problem now.

how your tank now? how long have you kept the fish? i've a few incidents of ich attacks but nothing serious that cause an out break. most impt is to keep water conditions at it best, good quality food and let nature take it cause. i've a few fishes with ich now but surprising the powder blue is not getting anything. perhaps this shows that they can do get immune from ich if they managed to survive.

white cheek tang does look like powder blown but think less white on the face...... based on the 1 pic...the orange tail seems to trade mark for AT except that the orange tear drop is not obvious..........

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

Yup... There are quite a few in Reborn previous shipment.. 1-2 weeks back...

I missed the reborn shipment and ended getting it from Coral Farm... so I actually paid 3 figures for it. But no choice la... Anyway it was a good specimen - 3.5 inch and very robust - this is my only consolation. :whistle

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381