Lemon's tank!

yikai

geometric hawk. makes its occasional appearance. mostly when the lights are dimmer. not one of those "wow look at that gorgeous fish type". but rather the "wow! i didnt know you had this" or the "since when did you have this?" pretty fun to watch these lesser seen critters wander around my tank when the commotion has quieten down. adds a sense of adventure no matter what time of the day.

Hey its a super small beautiful hawkfish and its so ideal for a nano tank. Had one before and didn't see it since then!! hee hee

Neon gobies here i come. Any gems you spotted during your LFS spree? especially yuma or mushies

• Senior Reefer

haha thanks for the advice. not really stressed out lah. just sometimes when admiring then see this small little irritating thing. hehehe. anyway, my little rescape project not complete yet. when it does, will post a nice FTS :D

• Senior Reefer
Hey its a super small beautiful hawkfish and its so ideal for a nano tank. Had one before and didn't see it since then!! hee hee

Neon gobies here i come. Any gems you spotted during your LFS spree? especially yuma or mushies

yes. a very rare blue cespitularia. supposed to be only from africa, but managed to find it....not from an african shipment.

post-15755-1264866858_thumb.jpg

post-15755-1264866863_thumb.jpg

• SRC Member
wow really? alot of softies look like this. next time must eye open bigger to see haha.

wow its rare?

i usually see it in ahbeng.. hope i can drop by to get it when i have the time.

nice colony u have there...

Brown SPS > Kinder Surprise

White SPS = Kinder Surprise after expiry date

Assumption killed the dinosaurs, they didnt have test kits.

• Senior Reefer
wow its rare?

i usually see it in ahbeng.. hope i can drop by to get it when i have the time.

nice colony u have there...

hmm...you guys sure its this coral you see? the tips of this coral ends in 5 petals exactly like a xenia, unlike other soft corals. its really rare and only available from like africa so to speak... anyway i found mine in one of our local shipments at got it for 1 red note. no idea how it got there.....

but if ahbeng and PR is well stocked with these, then go get it! they look really cool because the blue is very nice.

• SRC Member
geometric hawk. makes its occasional appearance. mostly when the lights are dimmer. not one of those "wow look at that gorgeous fish type". but rather the "wow! i didnt know you had this" or the "since when did you have this?" pretty fun to watch these lesser seen critters wander around my tank when the commotion has quieten down. adds a sense of adventure no matter what time of the day.

very nice hawkamania!...first time i c such a fish....it has a sleepy look on its face..haha...cute.

i rescaped my tank too just 2 days ago...threw away 2 large pieces of rock and my tanks looks simpler and better!

But cannot compare to yours... -_-

l7304smr.jpg

• Senior Reefer

the polyps will look like this when they are stable and open up. i'm quite sure those at ahbeng are not cespitularias, if they were its pretty eye catching. the blue really stands out especially in dimmer lighting.

post-15755-1264871749.jpg

• Senior Reefer
very nice hawkamania!...first time i c such a fish....it has a sleepy look on its face..haha...cute.

i rescaped my tank too just 2 days ago...threw away 2 large pieces of rock and my tanks looks simpler and better!

But cannot compare to yours... -_-

quite drastic right mine.... ._. i duno... have mixed reactions from my family members.. they prefer the old scaping but to be honest, i really found the old one heck load of rocks and super cramp. don't have much space to swim and devoided of sand bed. bad for my sand digging wrasses.

here's two comparison photos with my old FTS (not very recent. quite long ago) and the current 1 at an angle. i will take a proper FTS when i'm completed with my new scaping. going to focus on soft corals at that area becaues flow is rather gentle and lighting is not very bright.

new aim is to make the new scape more asthetically pleasing and comparable to the old 1, yet maintaining the valley effect and the spaciousness.

post-15755-1264871955_thumb.jpg

post-15755-1264871961_thumb.jpg

• SRC Member

Nice rescaping! I prefer your new scape, not so cluttered.

I just bought a couple of rocks and did my rescaping as well.

Very tiring even for 2 ft cube!

By the way regretted having the overflow in the middle for mine.

Harder to scape IMHO.

I am still thinking of rescaping mine ... Now the image is in my mind!

(-_-) Happy will do ... (o_o)

• Senior Reefer

rescape plants 80% complete :) just did a major overhaul and am very pleased with the results. no pictures yet though. want to let things settle down and stock up abit on corals. the new scape gives good space for more. slowly stock up over the next 2 weeks to put ease on my wallet. also, as luck would have it, my irritating damsel swam into my betta box for no rhyme or reason! no food inside too!! just an empty betta box. looks like the gods are reefing are smiling down on me.

• SRC Member

lemon, looking good!!! :) I like the valley kind of look. :) nice nice nice nice nice.... keep posting the pics so I can drool.

Cheers,

Desi.

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

• Senior Reefer

the previous pictures not nice lah haha. it looks much better now! i'm usually very particular about scaping... and i must say i'm quite pleased. i probably removed about 6kg of rocks. inside those 6kilos contained 1 mantis shrimps and 2 crabs! so happy.

pest removal for today - 1 x damsel, 1 x mantis and 2x crab

des, will post a picture when everything is nicer and more presentable :D its pretty cloudy now.

only after today i realised that i had so much liverocks! and most of them are not involved in structural support at all! :angry:

quite drastic right mine.... ._. i duno... have mixed reactions from my family members.. they prefer the old scaping but to be honest, i really found the old one heck load of rocks and super cramp. don't have much space to swim and devoided of sand bed. bad for my sand digging wrasses.

here's two comparison photos with my old FTS (not very recent. quite long ago) and the current 1 at an angle. i will take a proper FTS when i'm completed with my new scaping. going to focus on soft corals at that area becaues flow is rather gentle and lighting is not very bright.

new aim is to make the new scape more asthetically pleasing and comparable to the old 1, yet maintaining the valley effect and the spaciousness.

New scaping is much better :rolleyes:

• Senior Reefer

some pictures on the updates scape. actually it looks kinda ugly now....but i think it will look better when coraline grows over the pale rocks and once i reshuffle the few lose pieces of corals, and add summore.

i really like the openess of it now.

post-15755-1264942270_thumb.jpg

post-15755-1264942276_thumb.jpg

post-15755-1264942282_thumb.jpg

• Senior Reefer
I like your tank Lemon! Very pleasing to the eye! :rolleyes:

really?? i find it looks abit plain now.. like a new tank haha.. anyway more fun like this. get to re-do it again :)

• SRC Member

I agree with the openess... :) I bet your fishes are nice and happy with more swimming space. :) HEY A NEW dIVE SET they must think.. :P

Cheers,

Desi

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

• Senior Reefer
I agree with the openess... :) I bet your fishes are nice and happy with more swimming space. :) HEY A NEW dIVE SET they must think.. :P

Cheers,

Desi

yes the fishes are extremely happy. especially the wrasses. they seem to flash much more now. probably with the new scaping they are exited and want to stake territory? the flashers are going crazy now as i type...

actually that is the reason why i scaped...i wanted more space for more wrasses. although it looks kinda raw now, hopefully it will be more colourful in time to come with some corals and coraline. :D