Lemon's tank!

yikai

• Senior Reefer

And a FTS to sum everything up. Some of my fish still cannot catch out to treat for the ich! haha! will try to trap them =) Anyway, here is my FTS. As u can see, still got alot of bald patches that can do with a few more corals ;) Will see how my new additions turn out. If all goes well, might buy summore corals to coral-up my tank haha! Any reccomendations, please list here. Thought of getting a cynarina and an open brain....

post-15755-1233036336.jpg

post-15755-1233036344.jpg

• Senior Reefer

Thinking of getting a leather coral and an open brain. Saw it on bro raydiative's thread...very nice. Still want to get a cynarina and a blasto too. Wa so many choices so little space!

• Senior Reefer

just came back from GO again ;) bought one hammer and a fox coral!! The open brains were expensive...so i gave it a pass. haiz. 7 red notes =(. i accidently My turbo snail walked pass and toppled my fox coral while trying to find a place for it....a very small piece of skeleton broke off, and some of the "meat" tore!! T__T i dunno if it will get infection and die or something....dunno what to do now lol. currently, polyps are still expanding, but i dunno what will happen to the injured area. my turbo snails have to go liao. This is not the first time they damaged my corals...

• Senior Reefer

hi amby bro. i have been thinking of adding more liverock there also to make a cave or valley...just lazy only lol. i fill up my left hand side first lor. when no space le i work on the left. slowly slowly then got more things to do :)

• SRC Member
And a FTS to sum everything up. Some of my fish still cannot catch out to treat for the ich! haha! will try to trap them =) Anyway, here is my FTS. As u can see, still got alot of bald patches that can do with a few more corals ;) Will see how my new additions turn out. If all goes well, might buy summore corals to coral-up my tank haha! Any reccomendations, please list here. Thought of getting a cynarina and an open brain....

Since there is a shipment of RED prata coming soon, U can add a few RED prata on ur right side of the tank :eyebrow::eyebrow::eyebrow:

• Senior Reefer
Since there is a shipment of RED prata coming soon, U can add a few RED prata on ur right side of the tank :eyebrow::eyebrow::eyebrow:

haha hmm....pratas... expensive eh? i'm not really a huge fan of pratas =x hhehe. love euphyllias alot. i like elegance coral also...but recently past few years, i have heard the success rate of elegance coral drop alot..dunno why

Also bought a rock full of blue mushrooms. But it looks purplish when looked tru my tank glass, and also when photographed =( It looks blue when i look from the top down, though....but looks purple from glass tru. sianz!! haha. but still nice nontheless

love this blue/purplish mushie.

let me know if you plan to let go one or two polyp?

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open.

• SRC Member
just came back from GO again ;) bought one hammer and a fox coral!! The open brains were expensive...so i gave it a pass. haiz. 7 red notes =(. i accidently My turbo snail walked pass and toppled my fox coral while trying to find a place for it....a very small piece of skeleton broke off, and some of the "meat" tore!! T__T i dunno if it will get infection and die or something....dunno what to do now lol. currently, polyps are still expanding, but i dunno what will happen to the injured area. my turbo snails have to go liao. This is not the first time they damaged my corals...

Bro Lemon, why dun add some SPS like montipora on top...and some soft corals.

l7304smr.jpg

• Senior Reefer
love this blue/purplish mushie.

let me know if you plan to let go one or two polyp?

The mushrooms are solid blue. Only looks purplish tru the glass. i dunno why. If u want some frags for free, i will be happy to give u one or two. Anyway, some are being blocked by the bigger ones. Need to remove anyway. Thing is, i dunno how to frag. Last time, i just take scissors and cut the whole mushroom off from the base and throw it on my rock. It will auto stick lol. If u wanna come over and frag it urself, sure. But dun ask me haha. i dunno how to frag :)

• SRC Member
The mushrooms are solid blue. Only looks purplish tru the glass. i dunno why. If u want some frags for free, i will be happy to give u one or two. Anyway, some are being blocked by the bigger ones. Need to remove anyway. Thing is, i dunno how to frag. Last time, i just take scissors and cut the whole mushroom off from the base and throw it on my rock. It will auto stick lol. If u wanna come over and frag it urself, sure. But dun ask me haha. i dunno how to frag :)

just use hammer and screwdriver, chisel off a little of the base of the mushrooms.. tada! and u're done.. :)

here's a tip, if u find a single polyp of mushroom too big, fit a rubber band right across the centre of the mushroom with some tension.. tada! u will have 2 polyps.. :)

• Senior Reefer
just use hammer and screwdriver, chisel off a little of the base of the mushrooms.. tada! and u're done.. :)

here's a tip, if u find a single polyp of mushroom too big, fit a rubber band right across the centre of the mushroom with some tension.. tada! u will have 2 polyps.. :)

i used to do that. from one rock, break into many small rocks of mushrooms. But this current mushroom rock very hard. got alot of the polyp the base growing right next to each other. i think i will try othre methods. thanks for the tip! maybe can try :)

• Senior Reefer
oh ok, so wat foof u throw in to train the sun come out?? n if we keep throwing food in, will the ammonia or no2 rise?? very sad to c my sun keeping to themselve?? :(

thank n happy cny to u!!

hi. i throw in only one cube of mysis shrimp, so the ammonia and nitrite wont spike. I put the cube into a small bowl of water, and let it defrost. I dim the lights, usually turn on actinic only, and then every few mins-half hour, i will pour in some of the mysis water. i keep doing until my sun corals open up about 50%. Then i throw in mysis shrimp. let them eat, and when they done, usually 100% open. thats what happens to mine....depends on ur individual coral. But then will start to close after 1-2 hours...but to see it open in the day, very satisfying :)

• SRC Member

bro, not breaking the whole rock down.. just chisel lightly so that a small part of the base will come off together with the mushie.. u will still retain the original rock of mushrooms.. :)

• Senior Reefer
bro, not breaking the whole rock down.. just chisel lightly so that a small part of the base will come off together with the mushie.. u will still retain the original rock of mushrooms.. :)

oo. ok. will try :)

oo. ok. will try :)

sorry for the late reply... been entertaining some friends who pop by my place earlier.

I usually go for the chisel method... in fact i just did that earlier this afternoon. I found 1 very interesting zoa (it's a purple colour one) growing around a bunch of yumas. I decided to chisel off part of the LR, so that the zoas doesn't get covered by the yuma.

Now trying to wait for it to un-stress... i really hope that it survive... coz the colour of the zoa is really very special. I've not seen it before lah...

If you can spare one, let me know...

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open.

• SRC Supporter
hi. i throw in only one cube of mysis shrimp, so the ammonia and nitrite wont spike. I put the cube into a small bowl of water, and let it defrost. I dim the lights, usually turn on actinic only, and then every few mins-half hour, i will pour in some of the mysis water. i keep doing until my sun corals open up about 50%. Then i throw in mysis shrimp. let them eat, and when they done, usually 100% open. thats what happens to mine....depends on ur individual coral. But then will start to close after 1-2 hours...but to see it open in the day, very satisfying :)

bro,do not pour the mysis water into the tank,high po4!!

[ ]

[ ]

Reef Reefing Reefed

• Senior Reefer
but i think u shld try to minimize it, they really contain high po4..

scali 1 day bcome max. LoL!

haha ok ok :) i defrost the mysis, then just put the shrimp inside, w/o the "juice" :) Later will be popping by ML and maybe SL. hehe. tank update tonight!

• Senior Reefer
So what are you intending to harvest this time?

hehe harvested....another torch coral, a zoo, and a pair of harlequin shrimps hehe. this is my first time keeping this shrimp. will need to buy starfish every 1 month or so. pictures later! or tomorrow.