The curse of the LH...

eprouve

I think in the interest of free speech and that some very true facts on both LH and Marine keeping and the environment are mentioned... this thread will remain undeleted.

Of course, our personal bias and opinions about the other side of the fence will remain our own.. heh!

Perhaps in LH forums, you'll see them laughing at us marine aquarists spending a huge fortune on our hobby, rushing around looking for smelly rocks, lugging sand & salt, buying expensive bottles of stuff and lamenting at how fragile our marine livestock is and requiring replenishment, how expensive our electric bills are for lightings and chillers etc etc...

and sniggering how easy it is to keep hardy LHs, can even partition their tanks and keep a few at one time, how intelligent their pets are in chasing their hands, and how 'a few' of them are luck-bringers and how much money they make by selling their fishes etc.

Oh well... live and let die! :)

• SRC Member

hahaha... guys... by putting a opposing view, it seems that I have created the dynamite fiery atmosphere... i really mean no offense.. i have taken your words light heartedly and hope to present just another aspect of it ;) maybe i was not good at it :)) I'm not saying that we r the main cause of destruction of the sea, but just that we cant label LH hobbyist so...

anyway i tot it was a healthy discussion, if in the midst of these words, if I've hurt anyone in whatever way... I do apologise.. :))

haha i think my avatar looks kinda fierce too.... heh heh....

• SRC Member

yeah... live and let live.. i'm sure we here have our differences in views and we merely post them coz we believe in them.. and with no malice intended.. and i agree with rumour.. take a back see and enjoy our pride and joy from the other frontial regardless, FW or SW, with a can of ice cold beer... :P cheers

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member

beer or no beer :huh: jus glad tat everything turns out fine :) afterall...we are only interested to know wat we want most...that is discussion on our beloved Marine Fish Keeping :P

Peace is the word that are seriouly lacking in this world now ;) <_<

• SRC Member

Any one know a good LH forum so we can go take a look? :ph34r:

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member

there's one called www.fishlove.com.sg but its in chinese.

For the rest of the year, i'll stop harassing LH for the next couple of days...

Come 2003, it'll be full blast....heh heh...

If you ever stop by RW at Halus, you can see/hear those potential and current LH buyers eyeing and drooling at the reef tanks.

i always chide in by saying can a LH tank do this ? And they all walk away with a big SIGH !! and say i think i've wasted a couple of thousand bucks on a big ugly kok tau fish....

ha !

:P

• SRC Member
Any one know a good LH forum so we can go take a look? :ph34r:

so that u can go in and post the new LH which is actually a marine fish and have them wonder where to look for it? :lol:

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member

Ya! Show them what a real fish looks like.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member

harlequin,

all u need is just to add a kok on the blue angel's head.. and u have the entire LH craze fellas going all over the shop looking for it.. :lol::lol:

• SRC Member
Tried doing that once at one of LFS on a Blue Face. End up that fish head swelled so much he conked out.

head too heavy??

• SRC Member

Just in case somebody is a LH here: U don't need a heater for room temp 30c-31c water- u only causing undue stress?(i was told that too when i collected discus until i read up on amazon & peru ambient temp.)

No TanGo, chiller better for health especially on our tropical island,blood circulation,stress,alertness,luck & digestion-those feeder catfish very spiky.Running air-con 24/7 for your LH is not economical,u also need one to run MH's.

MH the best for colour enhancement- results 10 times faster than LH laser.

also there is a preference, 150W & 250W for the orange base fishes, & 400w for the blue & green based fishes.

warning: Non of the above items increases KoK growth.

• SRC Member
No TanGo, chiller better for health especially on our tropical island,blood circulation,stress,alertness,luck & digestion-those feeder catfish very spiky.Running air-con 24/7 for your LH is not economical,u also need one to run MH's.

Hehe.. Shows that I am not a LH lover.. :D

• SRC Member

Hmmm.. Since we are talking about FW.. Another thing popped up in my head.. Those small stalls, (push carts) in shopping centres selling bettas are labelling small catfishes as sharks.. Gosh... I wonder what's gonna come out next..