URGENT! Please Help!

successnowhere

Hi my dear friend,

Last wednesday due to me accidentially off the power supply for my 2 ft marine tank external filter, 2nd day, all my fishes dead :)

Corals manage to save. I did do 2 times 30% water change for the past 6 days, but NO3 still very high 180ppm, NO2 Zero.

How to drop the NO3 ?

Tks

Admiring a well designed Terrarium's garden indoor is like walking thru a garden after a whole day work...

• SRC Member
Hi my dear friend,

Last wednesday due to me accidentially off the power supply for my 2 ft marine tank external filter, 2nd day, all my fishes dead :)

Corals manage to save. I did do 2 times 30% water change for the past 6 days, but NO3 still very high 180ppm, NO2 Zero.

How to drop the NO3 ?

Tks

Hmm...you do not have a skimmer running.

Obviously, the dead the fishes have caused a NO3 spike...You can purchase nitrate reducing medium, put them inside a filter bag and put them into the tank.

There is a 24hrs LFS at clementi, blk 328, sells every damn thing you can find to help you...near to botak jones..can have supper there.

l7304smr.jpg

• SRC Member

If no LS, do a 90% water change. let it run one day, test again, if still high, perform another 90% water change. costly in terms of salt and time, NO3 is one of the hardest parameters to manage.

---------------------------------------------

The Deep Blue Sea in My HDB!

http://myfishyroomates.blogspot.com

Hi AhSiang, Tks for your fast reply, today I just invest myself for a Tunze 9002 Skimmer, working fine now for the past 3hrs :)

Passby Jiren Marine Shop today, the lady boss recommended me to use Nitrate Blocked(media in a bag) to put in the tank, don't

know should I buy and try or not ?

My corls ok leh

Admiring a well designed Terrarium's garden indoor is like walking thru a garden after a whole day work...

• SRC Member
Hi AhSiang, Tks for your fast reply, today I just invest myself for a Tunze 9002 Skimmer, working fine now for the past 3hrs :)

Passby Jiren Marine Shop today, the lady boss recommended me to use Nitrate Blocked(media in a bag) to put in the tank, don't

know should I buy and try or not ?

My corls ok leh

Ohh..lady boss that shows her longkao everytime...haha

You should get it...coz the media will absorb the nutrients. Softies like mushies dun mind high nutrients level...but brown algae and this red hair algae will sprout.

l7304smr.jpg

• Senior Reefer
Ohh..lady boss that shows her longkao everytime...haha

You should get it...coz the media will absorb the nutrients. Softies like mushies dun mind high nutrients level...but brown algae and this red hair algae will sprout.

eh..when u say longkao...u mean THAT longkao!? if so, u very cheekopeh LOL!!! :eyebrow:

The price quite ex leh, but alot of nice corals there...

Get the 'tree' and the hard coral behind the sun corals(don't know the name of the coral) from her on Sunday.

Btw my suncorals have been in my tank for 2days but still not open leh???

• Senior Reefer
The price quite ex leh, but alot of nice corals there...

Get the 'tree' and the hard coral behind the sun corals(don't know the name of the coral) from her on Sunday.

Btw my suncorals have been in my tank for 2days but still not open leh???

they dun open in the morning. u need to train them to do that. try checking on it at night (: it should be in it's full glory. remember to feed ur sun coral!

• Senior Reefer
Tks for all the lovely suggestion.

Kindly advise what coral food(prefer in bottle form) suitable for my tank ?

Currently I am using Kent lodine & Marine de luxe

u can go to marinelife which is very near jirh. at hong leong gardens. get the frozen henry's reef gourmet from henry. his food is suitable for everything. ur sun coral will open up nicely when u throw that food into the tank (: bottle food u can try the 5 in 1 coral food can buy from AM. that one is more suitable for mushroom corals. ur goniopora and sun coral will not be able to benefit from those. too small the food

you might want to monitor ur boxer shrimp and ur cleaner shrimps together. boxer shrimps can get quite aggressive and MAY kill ur cleanershrimp. just pay attention for the mean time. if u see ur boxer shrimp attacking ur cleanershrimp, separate them.

• SRC Member
u can go to marinelife which is very near jirh. at hong leong gardens. get the frozen henry's reef gourmet from henry. his food is suitable for everything. ur sun coral will open up nicely when u throw that food into the tank (: bottle food u can try the 5 in 1 coral food can buy from AM. that one is more suitable for mushroom corals. ur goniopora and sun coral will not be able to benefit from those. too small the food

you might want to monitor ur boxer shrimp and ur cleaner shrimps together. boxer shrimps can get quite aggressive and MAY kill ur cleanershrimp. just pay attention for the mean time. if u see ur boxer shrimp attacking ur cleanershrimp, separate them.

agree with henry's gourmet... my black sun did not open much for weeks.. the moment i first tried henry's gourmet, they open up within 10 minutes! =]

A man with a reef tank is a man with an empty wallet...

• SRC Member
lol...i not so hum sap la...its the way the lady boss dress you can't help it.

Tsk tsk.... This week, they gonna get a sudden surge of customers and they will wonder why :whistle

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

• SRC Member
Tsk tsk.... This week, they gonna get a sudden surge of customers and they will wonder why :whistle

All you longkao window shoppers.... keep it discrete... LOL

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

Yestday I change the tank water for the 3rd time(30% everytime), NO3 still at the peak :(,

Henry(MarineLife) tell me to be patient, every 3 days change water and add in Bacterial

Builder Powder from him, slowly NO3 will down...

Shall I change the filter media from my Ehiem External filter? I just change the poly filter

for less than 2mths.

• Senior Reefer
Yestday I change the tank water for the 3rd time(30% everytime), NO3 still at the peak :(,

Henry(MarineLife) tell me to be patient, every 3 days change water and add in Bacterial

Builder Powder from him, slowly NO3 will down...

Shall I change the filter media from my Ehiem External filter? I just change the poly filter

for less than 2mths.

2 months? yes do change it.