My Tank Over Loaded

Recently after my 2ft marine tank water parameter back to quite normal, I started to loaded in fishes from farms around Singapore>

Wow! I just do a stock count, number of fishes in my tank exceeds 30 !

Stock as at 17 Mar

4 Anthias

5 Cardinafish(Spotted/black-white)

2 Mandarin

2 Watchman Goby

1 Maroon Clown

1 Bi-Color Dottyback

1 Six line Wrasse

2 Scissortail Dartfish

1 Yellowhead Jawfish

1 Seahorse

1 Cucumber

5 Nass Snail

10 Chromis

Must tie my hand liao :(

post-16076-1237302545.jpg

Admiring a well designed Terrarium's garden indoor is like walking thru a garden after a whole day work...

• SRC Member

Wow... watch ur nutrient levels!

Best Regards,

Morpheous

==========================================================================================

My Ocean Pets:

Emperor Angel, PowderBlue Tang, Regal Angel, Teardrop Butterfly, Singapore Angel and Nemos

==========================================================================================

(Only when you guard your lips, you guard your soul....)

Tks for the comments.

I already well prepared for the nutrient war!

Standby and start to load with Ammonia Detox, AZ-NO3, Sorb4, Coral Vital LSB, frequent water change...

Admiring a well designed Terrarium's garden indoor is like walking thru a garden after a whole day work...

Do you think adding 1 more wave maker will helps in water condition and also good for corals?

I really like my new rescapeing <_<

Any improvement need to be done? Any way to hide change the Ehiem inlet green pipe? Very urgly leh

• SRC Member
Do you think adding 1 more wave maker will helps in water condition and also good for corals?

I really like my new rescapeing <_<

Any improvement need to be done? Any way to hide change the Ehiem inlet green pipe? Very urgly leh

Nice tank i must say....you can cut the inlet pipe to make it shorter so that its not so obvious.

Also you can use ehiem rubberised pipe to replace the plastic pipe.

If you remove yr anemone, you can put more gems.... :eyebrow:

LPS and softies doesn't require so much flow as SPS...i think your mushies and prata will not like too much flow.

l7304smr.jpg

Thanks for all comments. I won't be adding in tanks to my 2ft tank, cos previously(2mths) back, my tank use to be a

"Tangs" tank, cosists of full grown Yellow, Brown, Blue, Surfin Tangs etc... Due to a power cut off, all my fishes go lorry,

now only concentrate on a Corals tank Plus Small Cute Little fishes.

Btw, how to catch out the Anemone? Did try once but look like struck in the sand already

• Senior Reefer
Thats a ridiculous amount of fish for a 2 ft tank. Poor husbandry imo. I think you should remove some of them.

as long as his water parameters are ok, fishes are not stressed, well fed and healthy, i don't see why not. sure it may be a huge amount of fish, but take into consideration that most of his fishes are small are do not require tons of space. and most are very sociable with little territorial issues.

• Senior Reefer
Hi Lemom,

Yap, U are right, all my fishes are pretty small, I also do check water parameter every 3 days.

Tks. U always support my view, shall buy you lunch one days <_<

nah. no need. im just stating my point of view. chromis are small fishes that do not need huge quaters and are very sociable by nature. although anthias do need abit more space, for now they should be fine. the rest of ur fish like cardinals and mandarins are slow moving fishes and quite peaceful, and small..so once again, if u see no stress or agression, then just keep it like this until the time comes when u need to remove certain fishes, be it they outgrow their home or when agression starts.

but for now, everything looks good (: and yes that is ALOT of fish for a tank that size. just maintain the water quality and keep a lookout for any signs of social stress. (:

and becareful of ur cucumber. make sure nothing disturbs it or it gets stuck in a wavemaker, pump etc. when they die they can crash ur tank.

Updated 17th Mar

Ammonia = 0

NO2 = 0

NO3 = 40

PO4 = 0.03

Calcium = 480

pH = 7.8

Water Temp : 26.5 to 28.5deg

Water changing 30% twice a week

Adding buffer since last Sunday to increase pH

Hope my water condition can maintain

as long as his water parameters are ok, fishes are not stressed, well fed and healthy, i don't see why not. sure it may be a huge amount of fish, but take into consideration that most of his fishes are small are do not require tons of space. and most are very sociable with little territorial issues.

Well, I agree about keeping the params in check. But...as for sociable. I will guarantee that the chromis will start killing each other off sooner or later (if not already). It is likely to happen in a large tank let alone a 2ft. Bangaiis are territorial when they are enclosed in more than a bonded / mated pair - there are 5 in the tank. Also, dottybacks and 6 lines can be extremely aggressive. I have seen dottybacks take on fish 10x their size!!! I could go on.

Anyway, it's a nice looking tank but it will eventually demise somewhat at the cost of the fish and possibly the corals.

• Senior Reefer
Well, I agree about keeping the params in check. But...as for sociable. I will guarantee that the chromis will start killing each other off sooner or later (if not already). It is likely to happen in a large tank let alone a 2ft. Bangaiis are territorial when they are enclosed in more than a bonded / mated pair - there are 5 in the tank. Also, dottybacks and 6 lines can be extremely aggressive. I have seen dottybacks take on fish 10x their size!!! I could go on.

Anyway, it's a nice looking tank but it will eventually demise somewhat at the cost of the fish and possibly the corals.

chromis will only be territorial when they start to mate. ie, one male turns yellow and starts choosing his mate. the group will get split up and aggression will happen. banggais are territorial if a pair forms, but who is to say that all are females? u never know. true, agggresion will likely form when a pair is established. only time will tell. i agree the dottyback and the six line is the greatest trouble makers now. i am not disagreeing with your point. i agree that his tank is severely over crowded and sooner or later something has to be done.

the main problem now will be sociatal problems and not of water parameters (provided u keep it in check). at this point the tank seems fine, good. but i agree with bangkok on this that sooner or later the tank will encounter problems.

success, for now ur tank is ok. but when ur fish grow bigger or when dominance is established, u will have to reduce ur stock list i am afraid to say.

• SRC Member

i feel sad for your tank inhabitants... what exactly were you thinking when you bought them? a seahorse would look cool clinging to a favia and it would have a chance at the mysis against 10 chromis?

bro lemon.. unlike you, its clear that he doesn't research on the lifestock he puts into his tank. No offence but please stop telling him it is okay to have all these in the 2ft tank. it is definitely NOT okay, no matter how good your tank water parameters are and how you change the water every other day. fishes and corals are also living things... they deserve better. :thanks:

Dear Markietan, tks for your comments. Just wanna tell you that I did do research on the type of fishes before I put in my tank, mainly non-aggressive type, the only problem is I bot at a impulse and too fast to load in my tank.

Anyway, just want to tell you that I AM NOT SO COLD HEARTED that I want my fishes and corals to die in my tank!

Thread closed !

• Senior Reefer
i feel sad for your tank inhabitants... what exactly were you thinking when you bought them? a seahorse would look cool clinging to a favia and it would have a chance at the mysis against 10 chromis?

bro lemon.. unlike you, its clear that he doesn't research on the lifestock he puts into his tank. No offence but please stop telling him it is okay to have all these in the 2ft tank. it is definitely NOT okay, no matter how good your tank water parameters are and how you change the water every other day. fishes and corals are also living things... they deserve better. :thanks:

well..just didnt wanna be too harsh on him right? (: everyone enjoys a tnak full of fish...hopefully he got my "hints" without feeling offended....what i was trying to hint to him was that although it may be alright, for now, action needs to be taken soon for the welfare of his livestock. im sorry that my point did not get across well and i should have just said it straight to avoid all this fuss.