Binosage's 24G nano tank

albinosage

• SRC Member
bro,shipment of the blacksand should be coming this week.

however think will buy one packet for myself. haha, will dump the remaining to my 5feet refug.

nice tank you have there!

Thanks, for the compliments :P

As for the sand, it's okay la, I think I will buy one full packet too, if there's any leftover I'll ask around if anyone wants to share.

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

• SRC Member

bro, currently am stuck between Caribsea Aragalive Indopacific Black (20 lb) and Natures Ocean Live Aragonite Black Sand - 20lb bag.

because you are using the iwarna black sand, it's the type of mostly full black that one i want.

for the Caribsea Aragalive Indopacific Black sand, from the picture that is shown,kinda consist of white and black. for the Natures Ocean Live Aragonite Black Sand, most of it is black.

which sand will you be getting to top it up?

FTS!

post-15730-1253682007_thumb.jpg

I've cleared the top level of the rocks for future LPS and SPS. Thanks to kikobanana for buying my pink bubble, which has gotten too large.

berry berry clean and nice.

keep more pics coming :)

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Member

I'm leaning towards Nature's Ocean.

Natures Ocean has a mix of white/black sand too, so far only the Iwarna volcanic sand is completely black out of the bag. The problem with it is that it has a lot of magnetic materials in it, gets stuck in the pump, magnet holder etc, damn irritating.

My 1.5ft nano cube

-- Jack Handey

• SRC Member
berry berry clean and nice.

keep more pics coming :)

Thanks bro :thanks:

More pics would come when I update the tank a bit. Not very happy with the stability of the rocks, and not enough corals!!! hahaha

My 1.5ft nano cube

-- Jack Handey

• SRC Member
hey bro, dun fire ur blenny lah,

take this opportunity to cut its wages! LOL!

anyway, ur chromis looks nicer in my tank leh! i seriously think so! :P nice fish indeed!

The blenny has been given a reprieve. I reassigned it to the office tank instead haha. Damn chao keng, the fish keeps munching on one same spot everyday but the algae didn't reduce at all. Act busy :angry:

My 1.5ft nano cube

-- Jack Handey

The blenny has been given a reprieve. I reassigned it to the office tank instead haha. Damn chao keng, the fish keeps munching on one same spot everyday but the algae didn't reduce at all. Act busy :angry:

ROFL ..... Had a good laugh !

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Member

your bubble is doing well in my tank...

and.. WOW!

when i came back in the afternoon today for the first time to see if fully open...

if only there's a way to frag these bubbles...

but i like it..

thanks.. haha...

My Decomissioned 2ft Cube: (31st March 2011)

Carpe Diem~!!!

My Current 4ft X 2ft X 2ft:

FTS!

post-15730-1253682007_thumb.jpg

I've cleared the top level of the rocks for future LPS and SPS. Thanks to kikobanana for buying my pink bubble, which has gotten too large.

nice fts! reminds me of my old tank..kinda miss it in my rm haha

Main tank: 4.5 x 2.5 x 2
Skimmer: Deltec AP701
Return pump: RD 6

Chiller: Daikin compressor with Titanium coil
Wavemaker: Jebao w-20, Maxspect Gyre xf150

Lighting: 8x54 ATI Sunpower Non-dimmable

Linked tank
Main tank: 2 x 1 x 2
Return: Eheim 1260
Lighting: AI Hydra 26 with controller
Wavemaker: Tunze 6025
My decommed 3 ft setup

• SRC Member
Do update us on the effectiveness of the tux! Very nice fishes, bro! A little ex though...

Okay, after close to a week, I observed that the urchin likes to feed on my red coraline and purple coraline algae that is bleaching or dying. It cleaned up my coraline encrusted betta box in one day! Haha, more effective than vinegar.

As for hair algae, no reduction. Faster to just pluck the algae with tweezers. It will eat or pull out the hitch hiker red bamboo that is growing everywhere, but only if I place it directly on top of them.

Nice looking FTS. Your cleaner shrimp looks big in the tank!! :P

Yah I have a pair, about 2 inch and 2.5 inch respectively. I used to buy smaller specimens but they didn't survive long, too sensitive and fragile.

ROFL ..... Had a good laugh !

The algae blenny is still doing nothing in my office tank lor, not as hardworking as the one I had before this.

your bubble is doing well in my tank...

and.. WOW!

when i came back in the afternoon today for the first time to see if fully open...

if only there's a way to frag these bubbles...

but i like it..

thanks.. haha...

Thanks, and I'm glad you like the bubble. Don't frag la, the shape so nice :P

nice fts! reminds me of my old tank..kinda miss it in my rm haha

Never too late to start one more nano in your room :upsidedown:

Nice gems you got there esp the chromis...mati ah..heart pain...haha...yeah its hard to leave GO empty handed..almost mission impossible and the further you stay from LFS, all the more you will spend coz of the journey.

They didn't die, but their pectoral fins got chewed away by my flame hawk when he whacked them. Very territorial...

post-15730-1253786817_thumb.jpg

My 1.5ft nano cube

-- Jack Handey

• Senior Reefer
Okay, after close to a week, I observed that the urchin likes to feed on my red coraline and purple coraline algae that is bleaching or dying. It cleaned up my coraline encrusted betta box in one day! Haha, more effective than vinegar.

They didn't die, but their pectoral fins got chewed away by my flame hawk when he whacked them. Very territorial...

post-15730-1253786817_thumb.jpg

giv ur urchin some time. after a few weeks, mine started eating red slime aka cyano bacteria very greedily. diatoms too.

btw, the pectoral fin wont grow back if ur flame hawk bit too deep into the fin. if the soft bone and rays deep within the joins of the fin near the body is damage, probably wont grow back...

• SRC Member
btw, the pectoral fin wont grow back if ur flame hawk bit too deep into the fin. if the soft bone and rays deep within the joins of the fin near the body is damage, probably wont grow back...

REALLY?!!!!!

He just whacked the other one yesterday, both bites seems quite deep. %&^$%#$%^# :angry2:

My 1.5ft nano cube

-- Jack Handey

• Senior Reefer
REALLY?!!!!!

He just whacked the other one yesterday, both bites seems quite deep. %&^$%#$%^# :angry2:

pray hard lor. i had a firefish that was severely injured from my dottyback. the tail was bitten all the way to the "flesh" of the tail. and it never grew back. left a stump.

actually maybe can grow back too. dunno. make sure the damage isn't too severe. if the flesh is injured, easy to get infection.

• SRC Member

Thanks lemon and terry for ur advise, I bought 3 green chromis to give them safety in numbers, they are traveling as a pack of 5 now, less trouble from the flamehawk. :)

My 1.5ft nano cube

-- Jack Handey

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Forced to do a minor rearrangement yesterday cos my RBTA migrated to the back of the tank.

The empty corner is now my zoa garden. So far these are the only zoas I have left...

post-15730-1254648668_thumb.jpg

Metallic pink palys:

post-15730-1254648748_thumb.jpg

This grew from a small 10 polyp frag to about 60 polyps covering 1/4 of the rock, one of my hardiest and most fragged zoas:

post-15730-1254648864_thumb.jpg

Small colony of black face zoas on tiny tonga branches:

post-15730-1254648964_thumb.jpg

Red/pink zoas:

post-15730-1254649048_thumb.jpg

My 1.5ft nano cube

-- Jack Handey

• SRC Member

Random pic — trachy's meal time... There are two mouths, only one is in the mood for food haha. Cleaner shrimp camping nearby waiting to steal once I turn my back..

post-15730-1254649374_thumb.jpg

My 1.5ft nano cube

-- Jack Handey