Yellow tang not eating

My yellow tang refuses food. try to feed nori, lettuce, frozen food, cyclopeeze, but not eating at all. only nibble at algae on the rocks but the algae is going bare. afraid it will die of hunger. any suggestion for food? Thanx

I think tangs are like tat.. my sailfin and PBT when jus added they jus ignore the food i put in.. and they juz peck algae on the liverock... After a week... they are eating everything i put in...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• SRC Member

Anyone has suggestion for type of nori? Bought the seaweed from LFS suppose to be specific for tangs and angels but so far none of my tangs have touch it. Tried placing on the glass and on the rock but no takers. Luckily my other tangs are taking my other food

• SRC Member

Huh? So those seaweed sold in LFS for veggie eaters are no use? Tangs and Angels won't touch them? Sigh.. I was thinking of buying some...

Oh and scarab, don't worry.. If your water conditions and other inhabitants are nice nice, your Tang should be eating soon... Good luck!!

• SRC Member

well sometimes try something different. I once had a blue tang taht refused to eat for about 5days even after i tried nori, pellets, frozen food etc etc. Finally I bgt 20 cts worth of tubifex worms n drop in some and it started feeding hahaha. I know alot of pple will jump at meand say no tubifex n blood worm etc etc. Well once in a while, unconventional foods do entice picky feeders to eat.

I mean even humans if everyday eat fried rice also can get bored rite haha

Main Tank : 48 inch by 36 inch by 28 inch (2 sides starphire glass)
Sump Tank :
Return Pump :
Chiller : Starmax Compressor 1 HP Drop coil
Chiller Return Pump
Protein Skimmer :
Wave Maker :
Fluidised Reactor :

I know alot of pple will jump at meand say no tubifex n blood worm etc etc.

Any one can explain why these are not suitable food?

Dun worry i haben been feeding my fishes with these :lol:

Huh? So those seaweed sold in LFS for veggie eaters are no use? Tangs and Angels won't touch them? Sigh.. I was thinking of buying some...

Yap...my seaweed still in cabinet. Try cabbage instead, u might get better result.

You can try tempting it with brine shrimps or try with cyclopeze too, mixed with frozen krills

Alternatively, youcan also try hanging a small brocoli branch. ;)

lettuce and cabbage are not so gd...diff. for the fishes to digest and does not provide the proper nutrition brocoli does.. :lol:

interestingly.....many foreign reefers in SRC do feed bloodworms... <_< , but I have enough assortment of frozen food for my fishes...didnt bother

bus 70 can go to bio ocean...... if u r travelling from hougang direction, take bus 70 and drop at ST Microelectronics (yellow color building) along yio chu kang road. then walk back about 200m, u will c a row of shophouses there....... screen ur eyes for bio ocean, it's there.

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png