BB Reef tank

• SRC Member
My new addition yesterday... The male is an absolute giant about 3+ inches while female is an absolute beauty with wonderful colours. Hopefully they can be with me for a long long time *pray* :ph34r::ph34r:

very beautiful angels ^_^ u got there.

God Blessed all who appreciate His wonderful and beautiful creations.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

my first reef aquarium 15jan2010

3x2x2ft EOS 10mm tank with sump//deltec sc2060 skimmer//arctica 1/10hp chiller

maxpect g2 170w led//vortech mp40w wavemaker//eheim 1262 universal pump

eheim compact+ 3000 chiller pump//caribsea ocean direct live sands 40lbs

and other misc...

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Senior Reefer

any shots of your flame harem? must be really nice.... can you add smaller flame angels to an already established one? will fight mah? harem of flame angels surely very beautiful to see.

My new addition yesterday... The male is an absolute giant about 3+ inches while female is an absolute beauty with wonderful colours. Hopefully they can be with me for a long long time *pray* :ph34r::ph34r:

Nice Pair, They will be my main show pair in my new tank when my tank is up... But the female and male can be differential by the @nal fin...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

lemonlemon: Would love a harem but dun have the $$ to do so :lol::lol: Whats more, I would end up with a flame harem and joc harem

peacemaker: Thanks, hope they do well for me *fingers crossed*

You might end up with Joc x Flame Hybrid larvae?? Haha...

Member of:

Nice Pair, They will be my main show pair in my new tank when my tank is up... But the female and male can be differential by the @nal fin...

I am not sure how the sex is differentiated but for these two I look at the length of the gill spine.

To have the joc to spawn can be quite difficult already, wun even dream about a hybrid :eyebrow:

any shots of your flame harem? must be really nice.... can you add smaller flame angels to an already established one? will fight mah? harem of flame angels surely very beautiful to see.

I added two smaller flame to my existing harem to make it 5. Not much fighting as long as the new addition do not pose threat to the dominant male in the tank. Will try to get a pic but its really difficult to get all five flame in one shot

• Senior Reefer
I added two smaller flame to my existing harem to make it 5. Not much fighting as long as the new addition do not pose threat to the dominant male in the tank. Will try to get a pic but its really difficult to get all five flame in one shot

thanks! thinking of adding 2 more to make 3. add 2 small ones. but not sure if can or not so ask you for opinion since you have a harem.

I am not sure how the sex is differentiated but for these two I look at the length of the gill spine.

To have the joc to spawn can be quite difficult already, wun even dream about a hybrid :eyebrow:

I have ask about it on RC before... It can be differential from the @nal fin... More confirm...

Joc Thread

Member of:

I will pray for you too bro! :upsidedown:

Nice meeting you at CF! lol. And thanks for teaching me to sex angels! whaha, shall try it next time with argis and flamebacks! :P

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

thanks! thinking of adding 2 more to make 3. add 2 small ones. but not sure if can or not so ask you for opinion since you have a harem.

I have heard plenty of success when one add smaller specimen to the existing one in the tank(you can ask Gouldian as well).

I will pray for you too bro! :upsidedown:

Nice meeting you at CF! lol. And thanks for teaching me to sex angels! whaha, shall try it next time with argis and flamebacks! :P

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

Nice meeting you as well. Its just some of the guidelines I used to tell sex of angel but it may not be always right. I have rather good success though pairing acanthops with white tail pygmy, argi pair, flame pair, and now joc pair

Bro, Any 20% discount with buying of two joc?

I think a bit difficult to tell when they are in the tank already... When at the LFS maybe can see easier.. But right, not fighting is fine...

Yea lo... They add both in the lfs in small space and no fighting occur so its ok. the female is showing submissive behavior when the male comes near it so I believe they will be fine :whistle

Update pic of my tank :upsidedown:

It went through a nasty stage of nudi infection, threw away many zoos and now trying to find back all the gems I lost. it look more like a fish tank than a reef tank now because of the numbers of fishes I have :paiseh:

Livestock-

1)hybrid powder blue

2)pair of Cocos angel

3)Harem of 5 flame angel

4)peppermint hog

5)harem of 7 copper cardinal

6)banana wrasse

7)mauritius clown

The fish pic is the tank overview while the second shows my flame harem during feeding time :rolleyes:

post-602-1266053192_thumb.jpg

post-602-1266053235_thumb.jpg

• SRC Member
Update pic of my tank :upsidedown:

It went through a nasty stage of nudi infection, threw away many zoos and now trying to find back all the gems I lost. it look more like a fish tank than a reef tank now because of the numbers of fishes I have :paiseh:

Livestock-

1)hybrid powder blue

2)pair of Cocos angel

3)Harem of 5 flame angel

4)peppermint hog

5)harem of 7 copper cardinal

6)banana wrasse

7)mauritius clown

The fish pic is the tank overview while the second shows my flame harem during feeding time :rolleyes:

Thats a lot of fishes... esp the flame angel! I love the hybrid PBT's colour... so nice!

Drooling already... That Harem and Pair is Stunning...

I just love the Joculator.. Once u get it, u will know that its different from a bi- colour and its hardiness makes it a very good choice for beginner. Its also one of the reef safest pygmies ard :rolleyes:

I just love the Joculator.. Once u get it, u will know that its different from a bi- colour and its hardiness makes it a very good choice for beginner. Its also one of the reef safest pygmies ard :rolleyes:

Well if you plan to lower bio load do PM....hee hee