HELP HOW TO MAKE WATER SAFE FOR FISH

HI I NEED HELP AS WHEN EVER I INTRODUCE FISHES LIKE ANGLE OR TANG IT WILL HAVE OUT BREAK OF COULDY EYES AND THEN WHITE SPOT AND DIE THERE AFTER PLS HELP WAT IS THE IMPORTANT TO CHECK ON WATER ADN WHAT TYPE OF TEST KIT IS GOOD NOW ONLY KEEP YELLOW TANG AND CLOWN FISH AS THE REST ALL DEAD LIAO IF THERE STILL NO CURE FOR IT THINK IT TIME HAIZ

HI I NEED HELP AS WHEN EVER I INTRODUCE FISHES LIKE ANGLE OR TANG IT WILL HAVE OUT BREAK OF COULDY EYES AND THEN WHITE SPOT AND DIE THERE AFTER PLS HELP WAT IS THE IMPORTANT TO CHECK ON WATER ADN WHAT TYPE OF TEST KIT IS GOOD NOW ONLY KEEP YELLOW TANG AND CLOWN FISH AS THE REST ALL DEAD LIAO IF THERE STILL NO CURE FOR IT THINK IT TIME HAIZ

Why the CAPS?

Member of :
post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F

MASS in Facebook

Reefing in LED

Did you cycle your tank and how long a period of cycling? (could be nitrite poisoning if tank is not properly cycled)

As for white spots, could be Ich.

Suggest to stop adding livestock and leave the tank running for 6 weeks (without fish inside).

Did you cycle your tank and how long a period of cycling? (could be nitrite poisoning if tank is not properly cycled)

As for white spots, could be Ich.

Suggest to stop adding livestock and leave the tank running for 6 weeks (without fish inside).

sorry bout the caps hee rocky

as i did the cycle bout 3 weeks now still having fish in side so what should i do the rest of fish seem fine

during the cycle should i change the water and what else should be done pls share

• SRC Member

Best you buy the Ammonia,Nitrite,Nitrate,Phosphate,pH,KH and calcium test first as i find these are quite important.After which take the test according to the instructions.Then post your results here so we could remedy the situation.

Wow that's a whole lot of dead fish.I am sure your ammonia,nitrate and PO4 will spike up.Just take the test first to confirm. :)

girlone.png

• Senior Reefer

please do not type in caps and please use punctuation marks next time, like commas and full stops. i know u are anxious but it makes it hard for us to read and help you like this...

firstly, what is the size of your tank? if its very small, keeping tangs and angels may cause stress if it is in a small tank, thus it will be a catalyst for your problems.

next check your water parameters.

make sure your tank is cycled properly

and lastly, if ur tank has ich already, ur future and existing fishes will always get it. either u make them strong enough to resist by themselves, or u completely cure it. because no matter how many fish die and how many u re-introduce, it will keep coming back until u eliminate it once and for all by medicating and quarantine.

next, the cloudy eye. this is a bacterial infection related to water quality and stress. make sure ur water is good and do not stress your fish with small tank size, aggressive members and feed them with proper food.

my 2 cents

• SRC Member

Stevenkoh08,

It is recommended to make the fish safe for the water instead.

It is obvious that parasite and bacteria are present your water. Stop buying any life stock at the moment. Fallow the tank at least a month and take this opportunity to get your water parameter right. (Ammonia,Nitrite - these are killers at low dosage, & Nitrate. API test kits are ok.). Let the parasite (Ick or velvet - These are the usual white spots we will see) run through its cycle. Without a host, it will die off. Get a quarantine tank and cure (Hypo or copper depending whether its ick or velvet) your fishes before introducing it back to the main tank.

In future, do the same for all new fishes.

As to your cycling question (if there are already fishes to the system), yes it is recommended to change water if you do find ammonia and nitrite detectable (Toxic!). There are many debates of not doing water changes for fear that it may slow down the cycling time, but for what I know (correct me if i am wrong), most of the beneficial bacteria will settle for surfaces eg. life rocks, glass surfaces etc... Only a minority of them are in the water column, thus it won't impact the cycle process. But when introducing new fishes, do it slow.

Good Luck!

Best Regards,

Morpheous

==========================================================================================

My Ocean Pets:

Emperor Angel, PowderBlue Tang, Regal Angel, Teardrop Butterfly, Singapore Angel and Nemos

==========================================================================================

(Only when you guard your lips, you guard your soul....)

• Senior Reefer
Stevenkoh08,

It is recommended to make the fish safe for the water instead.

It is obvious that parasite and bacteria are present your water. Stop buying any life stock at the moment. Fallow the tank at least a month and take this opportunity to get your water parameter right. (Ammonia,Nitrite - these are killers at low dosage, & Nitrate. API test kits are ok.). Let the parasite (Ick or velvet - These are the usual white spots we will see) run through its cycle. Without a host, it will die off. Get a quarantine tank and cure (Hypo or copper depending whether its ick or velvet) your fishes before introducing it back to the main tank.

In future, do the same for all new fishes.

As to your cycling question (if there are already fishes to the system), yes it is recommended to change water if you do find ammonia and nitrite detectable (Toxic!). There are many debates of not doing water changes for fear that it may slow down the cycling time, but for what I know (correct me if i am wrong), most of the beneficial bacteria will settle for surfaces eg. life rocks, glass surfaces etc... Only a minority of them are in the water column, thus it won't impact the cycle process. But when introducing new fishes, do it slow.

Good Luck!

if im not wrong, large water changes will kill some bacteria? different water will shock and kill the bacteria. if im not wrong...some ppl advise to dose bacteria after massive changes. if its just normal partial change i guess its ok.

• SRC Member

IMO, it is not recommended to do large changes, especially with self made sea water. I am more worried abt the ionic imbalance as well as PH differences and the impurities introduced. More frequent water changes will solve the problem. I doubt it will do much harm to the bacteria, else the we will see a spike in ammonia/nitrite/nitrate instead of diluting it during every water change. :rolleyes:

As Quoted from website:

Ammonia poisoning: The damage from the ammonia poisoning continues, the tissues will be damaged as evidenced by red streaks or bloody patches that appear on the body and fins. Internal damage is occurring to the brain, organs, and central nervous system. The fish begins to hemorrhage internally and externally, and eventually dies.

Nitrite poisoning: Also known as 'brown blood disease' because the blood turns brown from a increase of methemoglobin. However, methemoglobin causes a more serious problem than changing the color of the blood. It renders the blood unable to carry oxygen, and the fish can literally suffocate even though there is ample oxygen present in the water.

So when it comes to tank cycling, do it without a live fish regardless how hardy it is.

When adding new fish, do it slow. Unless u are very hardworking to do daily water changes and measurements :eyebrow:

Best Regards,

Morpheous

My Ocean Pets:

Emperor Angel, PowderBlue Tang, Regal Angel, Teardrop Butterfly, Singapore Angel and Nemos

(Only when you guard your lips, you guard your soul....)

What is the salinity of your water.

Also are you using a salt mix or Natural Sea Water?

You will have to answer all the above questions before we have enough information to even begin to be able to make suggestions.

• SRC Member

1st of all water cycle shud atleast be 2 mths..after dat u need to check da water eg:amonia etc2.. and before adding yur livestock you need 2 keep a wish list..and study yur lifestock and their needs..1st of all angel fishs need more than 60gal of water and atleast 6mths cycling periods same goes to tangs and all the big fish.. Dun over stock them..2nd they need some cave so as to hide themselve wen stress out.. 3rd wen introduced them keep it per family..eg:1st jan 09 (Angels) 1st feb (Tangs) etc2.. Give yur tank 1 mth period soo as not to overload..But the best advice is to buy books or CD on marine aquarium.. i wud recommend Paul go to his website http://www.exclusivefishfilms.com/ AND BUY the cd..And pls before you try to add another life in yur tank study about them 1st.. And good luck..Hope you'll be a successful marine fish keeper.. CHEERS! :angel:

Sori if you think i am boring but i think it is you who is lame.