WARNING! Don't deal with 93752635 daryl345

jkit

Dear Reefers,

just want to share my bad experience with fellow reefers. 4th May 2009, I agreed to buy 1x butterfly fish, 1x wrasse, 1x chromis from daryl345 after reading his post. He claimed reason to sell is to reduce bioload. We met up @ tampines MRT to deal. Upon seeing the fishes, butterfly was already lying flat and breathing heavily. Daryl345 claimed that it's stressed while he's trying to catch it. As it's kept in the same bag with the wrasse, I had no choice but to take it. Daryl345 said that if butterfly really die, he will meet me again to refund my $. Unfortunately, butterfly died shortly after I reached home. Other 2 fishes still ok for now.

Till today, daryl345 had repeatedly ignored my phone calls and smses!! Not even a simple sms to tell me u are busy or need to meet another time. Honestly, it's not the $. What's important is the integrity and the truth about his tank's condition. I'm now rather worried what the other fishes may bring to my tank as I don't have a quarantinee tank =(

If you come across his post again, DO NOT ever deal with him! He's a student, staying in pasir ris. mobile number: 93752635. He's currently trying to sell off a maroon clown and some damsels.

If daryl345 is reading this, I suggest you come clean and contact me asap. U hv my number.

Fellow reefers any comments?

• SRC Member

wah so suay, it's really recommended not to take fishes you are not comfortable with.

Reject the reefer nicely as he himself should know that if the buyer is him, would he want a half dead fish?

Hope all clarifies and you continue reefing.

Cheers

wah so suay, it's really recommended not to take fishes you are not comfortable with.

Reject the reefer nicely as he himself should know that if the buyer is him, would he want a half dead fish?

Hope all clarifies and you continue reefing.

Cheers

think you are overdoing things...

in what way ?

sorry i'm not referring to you. i'm actually refering to the TS. IMO i feel that this matter would have been more properly handled instead of exposing his no. and all the remarks made. it would be better if this matter was referred over to a mod for justification. anyway i do realise i have no business in this and my sincere apologies to anyone whom i might have offend.

Well say. Bro James

6.5 * 2 * 2 + 3.75 * 1.5 *1.5,(Decomn on 14/9/08)
4*2*2 + 2.5*1.25*1.25 (Decomn on 1/8/09)
5*2*2 (Fully LED light system, 140 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)
2.5*2*2(Fully LED Light System,96 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)

5*2.5*2(LED only)

Eheim return 1 * pump

1 HP Daikin compressor with cooling coil
2 Jebao OW40, 1 ecotech MP40,
1X6085 Tunze wm,

1 CURVE 7 Skimmer

1 DIY 80 led control by Bluefish mini 

1 radion XR30W G2, 2 Radion XR15G3

Sump area lite by 5 ft T5 , 6 * SSC 3 watt red LED for refugium

1 Full spectrum E27 led light

1 CR control by bubble count

Start No Water Change since 1st Dec 2016

Add new 2.5x2x 1.5 ft 

nLekOfpYts.jpg
[/quote]

Frankly, it's not that I didn't give him any chance to explain himself. He chose to ignore. Who is MOD and how it works? I'm very open to approach MOD because I'm only sharing the truth. I left his no. to deprieve him the chance of changing his nick & carry on such practice. If he takes the trouble to change no. rather than reply my sms, then u know who u r dealing with.

If fellow reefers don't mind taking such risk, it's your call. Thanks for the suggestions & comments. I've learnt my lesson.

• SRC Member

Hi jkit, sorry to hear about the loss of your fish. However, to avoid further misunderstandings in future, it is best to deal at the seller's place so you can view the condition of the livestock before buying, unlike equipment, they are subject to stress while catching or transporting. If you were the one who suggested meeting at the MRT, no matter how convenient it is, you are shouldering part of the responsibility for a fish that is stressed or not well.

To be fair anyway, since this is only one side of the story, I feel that it is not very nice to start a thread to publish his full number :)

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

• SRC Member
unlike equipment, they are subject to stress while catching or transporting.

Even for equipment, if u deal without seeing it in function, things can go wrong. It may be faulty or leaking electricity. Seriously, all buyers should deal with care if you have no prior experience with the seller or when the seller obviously start a new nick just for his sales.

• SRC Supporter

we got too much of reefers like that, very dishonest.

and nothing much is done to them in the forum. the only way is to do what TS did.

you guys should have follow src for awhile and to be frank,how often this kinda case have surface up?

less than 3months we got more than 3case already?

off my finger tip is marcovan,chris21 and now daryl345

if TS did not publish like what he did today, it will be a repeat of what these fellas did to many of us.

end of the day someone decided to make it public and we all found out alot of us also kenna the same shit.

so why dont do it earlier to help others?

[ ]

[ ]

Reef Reefing Reefed

think should have a column to rate reefers......number of ups and downs.....

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

• SRC Member
we got too much of reefers like that, very dishonest.

and nothing much is done to them in the forum. the only way is to do what TS did.

you guys should have follow src for awhile and to be frank,how often this kinda case have surface up?

less than 3months we got more than 3case already?

off my finger tip is marcovan,chris21 and now daryl345

if TS did not publish like what he did today, it will be a repeat of what these fellas did to many of us.

end of the day someone decided to make it public and we all found out alot of us also kenna the same shit.

so why dont do it earlier to help others?

can't agree more than what bro reddevils said, identifying / clarifying after you tried and unable to contact the dealer.

this made more awareness for user reefer not to deal with those "dishonest" reefers.

But did the seller contact you till now? keep us posted.

• SRC Member

ya, like other forum, you can only post sale after 1 month of registration.

think.. AT, time for you to step out and implement this? to stop people from creating another nick and post on the pasar malam.

I'm kind of new here so I guess you more senior guys should know the way this place works better and what can be done to improve the forum but as far as Daryl is concerned I have dealt with him a few times and he was honest and sincere on all occasions.

I do think its kind of harsh doing this to him based on one deal. He is after all a student, and young.

The fish died dude. These things happen. As he stays in Pasir Ris I'm guessing it was your idea to meet at someplace other than his home. Having said that, he was wrong not to reply your SMSs but he may have his reasons. Not making excuses for anyone, just trying to put things into perspective.

Whatever the case I do think this reaction is going overboard and this baying for blood is unnecessary. Give the fella a break. And lets move on and not persecute the young guy for a few unanswered text messages.

Just my two cents worth and if I did offend anyone it's totally unintentional.

Cheers and happy reefing.

• SRC Member

That's a good idea, maybe a sticky thread to highlight deals that went horribly wrong. A hall of shame of sorts :P

I agree with reddevils about the constant spate of bad deals, and that things should be done about it, but threads like this could be posted with the wrong intentions. This is after all just one side of the story (although I don't doubt that TS got burnt :) ), an account of what happened together with the user's nick should be sufficient.

Maybe, to warn other reefers and to deter scammers, the last 4 digits of the phone number can be published. When it becomes a practice to name and publish personal phone numbers like that, the practice itself could be abused. A recent case where a salesman kena saboh by an unhappy customer - and had his number posted on sammyboy under a fake nick pretending to be a hooker - comes to mind.

In this case, I don't think daryl was out to con someone right from the start, he may be irresponsible or dishonest, or maybe really had a good reason why he didn't answer your calls (swine flu/hospitalised/overseas? :P ). End of the day, admin seems to have left us out here to self moderate small issues like that, so let's all play nice, buy and sell with caution and look out for one another :paiseh:

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

• SRC Member

Actually such case happened to me b4. Buyer wanted to meet at a designated place to collect the fishes. When I handed him the fishes they were ok but after the buyer reached home he sms me saying he was very disappointed cause one of the fish had died. I gave him the benefit of doubt and immediately refunded the money to him thru bank transfer. Sometimes as buyer we have to be responsible as well cause we want convenience and when things happened we put the blame on the seller. Who knows if the buyer actually went somewhere else sfter collecting the fishes and only reached home a couple of hours later? Like that if fish die liao can still blame the seller?

even if he comes out to clarify, it will be his words against the other's words. But this is good to cautious future buying and learning lesson for all. Must learn to be less obliging for good and nice reefers out there.....me also kena before and just bite bullets and move on. Have to accept the fact when buying second hand item or livestock. Best is view and confirm all claims from buyer before commiting. Reef on.

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

Thanks for all the suggestions and comments. The ranking idea was good.

For the record, I went straight home after dealing. He was the one who offered to refund me if there's problem. I was persuaded by that gesture, that's why I agreed to deal. I was polite enough to only call him during lunch break or evening as I didn't want to disturb his lesson.

Anyway, still no reply. I know some reefers find this rather harsh. If fellow reefers want this to tone down, I'm ok with removing his number from the Title if someone can teach me how to edit. I have PM the MOD but no reply yet. Pls note, I'm not here to start a war. Reefing should be an enjoyable hobby for responsible reefers.

Cheers.