My friend's new tank!

Cedric

• SRC Member
i agree with fuel...but i still find this setup abit funny....no offence....water is flowing directly into the skimmer....that means the skimmer does not have much time contact time to remove the unwanted stuff....because the water inside is replaced at a fast rate...defeats the whole purpose

Oh well... to each his own. :peace:

Comments are welcome!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Oh that one, my friend wants a dsb in the centre which will not be disturbed. The surrounding will have a much lower height of sand mostly to look "nice" and easier for maintainence.

Comments are welcome!

• SRC Supporter

I like the way how your friend build this, esp the overflow compartment which hides the Streams..... like the idea very much....

gives the reef a very "natural" look without any "artificial" objects hanging around....

• SRC Member

Very nice tank setup. But evry tank has flaws as no tank perfect so what the heck. Very nice to have a refurgium behind in the small room. Can see lotsa effort and money went into the project. But the cabinet looks very weird. Reminds me of a sushi bar!! Or a cafeteria. You know those single seats one.

Very nice tank but would look nicer if higher. Maybe your friend can throw a sushi party sometime!! hiak hiak hiak..... :yeah::yeah::evil::evil::yeah::yeah:

• SRC Member

:yeah::blink::shock::ooh: . wow, so many wiring !!!!. any so many equipments. i am confuse looking at all the pic. :( ????

but thats a nice tank ;)

SBS_Transit

• 1 month later...
  • SRC Member

I saw the tank myself...cos I know the owner long time ago..haha

really good...i personnally like the skimmer.....very good setup...

put tiger prawns at his tank and for chinese new yr go for steamboat will have real fresh prawns...

Tank: 5 X 2 X 2.5

Sump : 3 X 1.5 X 1.8

Tunze 6060

Tunze TF08

Oceanrunner 6500

Deltec AP 902 Protein Skimmer

I-Aquatic Calcium Reactor

Arctica Chiller

• SRC Member

Wah....Wah....Very IMPRESSIVE set-up leh ! Must have cost a bomb to set it up boy.....Cedric, how much was spent on it already ??? Care to share??? I think many of us are interested to know.

But one caution though....your tank set-up is very near the kitchen. My friends 10 footer tank was also near a kitchen....during cooking...oily fumes contaminated the water....slowly..slowly...fishes one by one go heaven. Hopefully your skimmer can help....but oily surface..hmmm unless you have surface skimmer too.

Very nice ! Cheers!