Calling all zoas keepers~

thanks for sharing. faster psycho Bro Rayman to come back. lol.

Heard my nic mentioned,

I have dealt with nudie before too, but only FW dip but longer time cause d zoas not expensive, clear everything including half the zoa :upsidedown:

My eye sight not as good as LYK so don't know did nudie come back later

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol. Your radar is good. : )

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

• SRC Member
May be after u dip them with flat worm exit for a while, which i took the short cut by dosing direct to my main tank, KILL THEM ALL. KILL..kill.killl.... Then u shake them in the FW insteed of dip your zoa in the FW water which stress them like u can see some tranparent bubble like thing on the zoa after dipping for long period of time. Sometimes the zoas color even faded and take some time to come back, and worst if u didnt kill the egg in the rock, then dip again?? Wa lau ..... buai si du pua si liao lo... haha.

Hahaha... I know what you mean. That's why I asked for an alternative solution, and you have kindly provided one. :eyebrow:

• SRC Member

Is this some kind of fungus? It smelled bad and I had to throw it away. Another different frag had a few infected polyps, and I had to cannibalize them by cutting and removing them by the zoa mat. Now the rest of the polyps are opening healthily. I guess its too late when it reaches the stage as shown below...

post-13914-1243595537.jpg

• SRC Member

Hahaha... I didn't mention anything about my clowns killing the yellow wrasse, but the pair of clownfish are definitely the dominant ones in the tank. Do note that mine's a small nano, and they are the first fishes to claim territory. :evil:

• SRC Member

sorry to hijack the thread but i realized some of my colonies have the pox....

does anyone know if it is infectious and if i should take them out or will they recover given the right conditions?

also heard furan-2 works charm on them.. where can i get some?

:thanks:

May be after u dip them with flat worm exit for a while, which i took the short cut by dosing direct to my main tank, KILL THEM ALL. KILL..kill.killl.... Then u shake them in the FW insteed of dip your zoa in the FW water which stress them like u can see some tranparent bubble like thing on the zoa after dipping for long period of time. Sometimes the zoas color even faded and take some time to come back, and worst if u didnt kill the egg in the rock, then dip again?? Wa lau ..... buai si du pua si liao lo... haha.

I think very hard to kill the eggs with FW dip. somehow after the dip, I still see the eggs etched to my polyps. SO well, manually remove them luh, but have to be cautious not to break the sack else all the eggs sprewed over the other polyps then more trouble to the job :( anyway I do notice my yellow wrasse pecking on their eggs. Any experience?

And as much as we are concerned about looking for the eggs on the zoas' polyps, pay attention to your glass walls too. I have spotted them on it before and I mean ALOT of it! :S

Nonetheless, where can i get Flatworm Exit?

Marc

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

I think very hard to kill the eggs with FW dip. somehow after the dip, I still see the eggs etched to my polyps. SO well, manually remove them luh, but have to be cautious not to break the sack else all the eggs sprewed over the other polyps then more trouble to the job :( anyway I do notice my yellow wrasse pecking on their eggs. Any experience?

And as much as we are concerned about looking for the eggs on the zoas' polyps, pay attention to your glass walls too. I have spotted them on it before and I mean ALOT of it! :S

Nonetheless, where can i get Flatworm Exit?

Marc

Aquamarin selling them. Also i never mention that FW will kill the nudi eggs. My solution had to dose the Flat worm exit TWICE direct to main tank. Fisrst dose to kill adult, second to kill the eggs that hatch. So that means first dose that kill adult so they dont have chance to lays eggs. Then second dose will be killing those new hatching before they lay new eggs. So means that might be 100% total kill.

• SRC Member
sorry to hijack the thread but i realized some of my colonies have the pox....

does anyone know if it is infectious and if i should take them out or will they recover given the right conditions?

also heard furan-2 works charm on them.. where can i get some?

:thanks:

The last time my Green Zoas got pox... it seem like spreading and end up I got to remove more than half of the colony... but I believe I make a right decision....

You want to try Furan 2 ? I have a pack... will pass u when we meet next time.. can u wait ?

• SRC Member
Aquamarin selling them. Also i never mention that FW will kill the nudi eggs. My solution had to dose the Flat worm exit TWICE direct to main tank. Fisrst dose to kill adult, second to kill the eggs that hatch. So that means first dose that kill adult so they dont have chance to lays eggs. Then second dose will be killing those new hatching before they lay new eggs. So means that might be 100% total kill.

:(

Bro, I added approx. 5 drops of Flatworm Exit to the main tank, but it didn't work... the nudis seem fatter and laid eggs on the glass!

for furan 2, use with care as it is carcinogenic. ... meaning can cause cancer.....

The last time my Green Zoas got pox... it seem like spreading and end up I got to remove more than half of the colony... but I believe I make a right decision....

You want to try Furan 2 ? I have a pack... will pass u when we meet next time.. can u wait ?

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

Anyone knows how long will these nudis survive without zoas? Feel like doing a quarantine until these pests are rid off once and for all.

hmm, that's hard to predict or estimate bro. I have transferred most of my zoas from my 1 footer to my 1.5 footer but somehow once in a while I still see nudis on the glass walls of my 1 footer.

Anyway how bad is the situation and have you thrown in a yellow wrasse? Ah Beng has alot of them as of last weekend (:

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

• SRC Member
hmm, that's hard to predict or estimate bro. I have transferred most of my zoas from my 1 footer to my 1.5 footer but somehow once in a while I still see nudis on the glass walls of my 1 footer.

Anyway how bad is the situation and have you thrown in a yellow wrasse? Ah Beng has alot of them as of last weekend (:

Did you get rid of nudis on your frags before the transfer?

I'll see if I can get one yellow wrasse tmr.

Did you get rid of nudis on your frags before the transfer?

well, I dipped all my frags in iodine and FW before transferring. After that was all left for my wrasse to deal with them. And I guess that did the job pretty well (:

I'll see if I can get one yellow wrasse tmr.

If you are unable to, let me know. I am swinging by Irwana to get water tmr. Maybe can grab one wrasse for you. Hmm, where you stay bro? (:

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

• SRC Member
well, I dipped all my frags in iodine and FW before transferring. After that was all left for my wrasse to deal with them. And I guess that did the job pretty well (:

If you are unable to, let me know. I am swinging by Irwana to get water tmr. Maybe can grab one wrasse for you. Hmm, where you stay bro? (:

No worries... I'm easily accessible to the farms. :eyebrow:

• SRC Member
for furan 2, use with care as it is carcinogenic. ... meaning can cause cancer.....

oh my... i didn't know it was carcinogenic. dang... i wondered if i washed my hands well after using it.

in any case, after 2 20mins dip on 2 days.. and poking / exploding all the white lesions found on the polyps, all zoas seem to be doing well today. Were supposed to dip them again the 3rd time yesterday but too busy, didn't have time.

hopefully after this week's water change, all will go back to normal. am going for an extended overseas trip this weekend, hopefully when i come back i don't see a mass extinction. fingers crossed =(

• 3 weeks later...
So are they able to multiply if accidentally dismembered in the tank?

Got these pest and using tweezers.

I think they can. Best is to add a natural predator like a yellow wrasse and do FW dips.

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

• 1 month later...
  • SRC Member

Found some strange "stuff" on the mat of my zoas. Anyone able to ID? It sticks around the polyps, and have to be peeled away with a pair of tweezers. It caused my polyps to be closed and shrunk in size. :pinch: Found on the underside as well. White-tish gel like "stuff".

post-13914-1251115834_thumb.jpg

post-13914-1251115841_thumb.jpg

post-13914-1251115847_thumb.jpg

post-13914-1251115853_thumb.jpg