1.5 FT Mini Marine

Virus

• SRC Member

Really hope to get a 3 ft to get started but sigh.. space constraint.. have to try 1.5 ft for a start. too many tanks and fishes at home already :lol:

Just finished cycling and have my first fish and corals in the tank. Gona introduce more slowly bimonthly i guess to play safe.

Not an impressive masterpiece but it's still a beauty in my eye and Ihope to be better in months to come... :D

marinetank01.jpg

FRONT VIEW

marinetank02.jpg

Equipment used.

1 hang on Dolphin filter

1 profantec fan

2 X 18 PL light (1 white 1 blue) Not sure if it's enough..

1 air driven skimmer

1 oceanfree 800l/h PH

15kg size1 sand

9KG of LR

All LS chosen are those hardy type ones heheheh :P

1 mushroom

1 polyp

1 3 spot damsel

Will update pic when more LS are in!!!!. Wheeee

:)

not bad..! I love the rocks.. esp with a hole there..

hmm.. remind me of something, just can't recall. :)

if u plan to keep more fishes, either go for those drawf size ones, n u can get some nice branchy type LR to make some "bridges". Fishes love to swim around, beneath, above n under em.

• SRC Member

Still advisable to have more branch rock in them.. wouldn't be too crowded?

Oh.. the button i bought it from Pasir Ris L35 fishfarm. $5. Doesn't look this round and bubbly in the tank.. this shape only come after 2- 3 days on my tank.. reason? i also dunno hehehe

remove the round base rock which your polyps rest lohz. they take abit of space. for the bacteria to thrive u need exposure to some current flow.

Judging by the rocks, maybe u can do some rescape, then can buy some more corals to add in. mushy, seafan, prata/doughnut..

• SRC Member

Yeah.. will be intrducing new LS on a weekly or bi monthly basisi.. small tank dun wish to crowd and crash the tank... :P

Planning 2 more fish and few corals and i think that's it..

• SRC Member

i also have a 1.5ft tank.. currently only 3 pieces of LR.. 2 false percula,cleaner shrimp(with me frm the start) and one tubeworm. Set up for few mths now.. but i tink i have the responsibility to widen their tank, so now setting up a 2ft. cycling period! :D

Everything's sold. Back in 2yrs time.

ga051025.gif

If it's a WRX, it gotta be STI.

av-24.gif

• SRC Member

i ve always fond of nano:-small,compact but the downside is the concentration of LS & corals(which you will adding later on ) will be very sensitive towards any sudden surge in water parameters.so go slowly,observe each item u put in the tank...

like ur arrangement.will have a good aeration of flow from all sides.

hmm.. can tompang me if u got not enough space...hehehe....

• SRC Member

My sandbed is around 3 - 4 inches. I guess maybe coz my tank is a bit square in shap hence is good to have a deeper sandbed though it's a small tank. Tank is 50cm(length) by 30cm(width) by 40cm(height).

I dun have a sump tank or a ref so i hope enough LR and a dsb will stable my No3 in months to coome.

Oh my air driven skimmer.

skimmer.jpg

I bought it at $40 at eastpoint. Maybe can get it cheaper elsewhere. Used to use the AA one.. $12.50 but found that tube too short and shape too bulky.

Might be adding a piece of cured LR on the right tank coz i stil found it kinda empty there and need to place my corals in a nice spot.. Current spot like kinda weird.

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Update update... addition of new rocks (slow and easy) new family,..

1 colt coral and another mushroom and oh yeah... 1 True percula...

Sad to say, my DC not good one, so quite hard to catch a foto of him, he swim damn fast...

Still planning to what corals to add.. think for fish that's all.. 1 clown and 1 mandarin is enough. Mandarin need to monitor closely loh.. if really doesn't eat what i feed then need to give away leow.

By the way.. i intend to edit the first post to update but seems cannot, like got time limit to edit that post. SO no choice need to add below.

marinetank04.jpg

• SRC Member
Update update... addition of new rocks (slow and easy) new family,..

1 colt coral and another mushroom and oh yeah... 1 True percula...

Sad to say, my DC not good one, so quite hard to catch a foto of him, he swim damn fast...

Still planning to what corals to add.. think for fish that's all.. 1 clown and 1 mandarin is enough. Mandarin need to monitor closely loh.. if really doesn't eat what i feed then need to give away leow.

By the way.. i intend to edit the first post to update but seems cannot, like got time limit to edit that post. SO no choice need to add below.

marinetank04.jpg

i see no fishes?

Everything's sold. Back in 2yrs time.

ga051025.gif

If it's a WRX, it gotta be STI.

av-24.gif

• SRC Member

Heheh think my clown first day in tank, very nervous kept fishing around, so hard to take him. Here a clip of him swimming around. 15 sec... around 3Meg in avi format. :P Can see my mandarin on the top rock scouting hehehe

Click HERE

• SRC Member
Nice...

Please answer few questions..

1.You use glue to stick corals is it..?

2.How come video noisy like inside truck sia..

3.your add-in rocks cured or not..?

1. Glue? hehe no lah.. how can.. i just choose a spot they can be placed stable loh.

2. Ah.. noise.. i didn't turn on speaker when testing.. perhaps will edit off sound, file can be smaller then. heee like i say, this is only testing coz too free and never take b4.

3. No... they're not cured. That's why i placed my LS out for few days while monitoring my water para b4 putting them back.. Actually not advisable also.. heheh best to get cured rocks.