Tips on taking care of Clove Polyps

Eniram

Hey reefers

Any tips on taking care of Clove Polyps? Currently mine is opening up but i placed them at the bottom with a slightly high water flow. Taking care of glove is it similar to star polyps?

Pls share with me on your experince with these beautiful corals.

• Senior Reefer

very easy corals. i have plenty of them. they do not like too strong flow, as these will impede their ability to open. plus, they don't look good swaying too much in the water. place them in moderate flow is best. enough to see them open up like flowers.

lighting wise, moderate is enough.

Pick healthy specimens, try to put them under good flow to get rid of all the detritus and algae film which grows on them. After 1-2 months they will open up nicely. This is how mine looks. :eyebrow:

img3789q.jpg w640.png

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

bro, where u got it?price?

thinking of getting one leh

very hardy and common in soft coral shipments. iwarna might still have.

Yup Irwana still has it got mine there.

Thanks guys for your comments, placed it with a steady moderate flow compared to placing it directly at the wake of MP40.

very easy corals. i have plenty of them. they do not like too strong flow, as these will impede their ability to open. plus, they don't look good swaying too much in the water. place them in moderate flow is best. enough to see them open up like flowers.

lighting wise, moderate is enough.

hi, led light can? Need chiller? What u feed? Easier than zoa? I hv zoa but they are shrinking in size. Not sure y. Tried iodine & calcium but not much improvement. Is all in 1 reef supplement better?

hi, led light can? Need chiller? What u feed? Easier than zoa? I hv zoa but they are shrinking in size. Not sure y. Tried iodine & calcium but not much improvement. Is all in 1 reef supplement better?

Hey dude,

What are your tank specs? are you running a skimmer? zoa shrinking sometimes it could be due to your water quality and also sometimes its luck...some species will shrink after some time in tank.

Hey dude,

What are your tank specs? are you running a skimmer? zoa shrinking sometimes it could be due to your water quality and also sometimes its luck...some species will shrink after some time in tank.

40gallon tank. Not that big. No skimmer, no chiller. Avg temp 29. Water chg 1 every 2wk abt 20%. Seafan also slowly chipping off but still open. Half yr anemone just pass on. Notice testacles shrinking into stubs over a period. I don't hv test kit other than ph & salinity which are tested ok. So thinking maybe just try all in 1 supplement.

What u think?