My 1.5 ft Reef log

jackywongto

bro, the coloration of this is much different. cam setting ? or diff btwn MH and LED ?

I sorted out the WB setting on my camera.

The previous few FTS were taken with Flash as my WB was out.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

Bro,

why you move your MP10 to blow just the back? abit wasted right for such a piece of equipment. can always get another wavemaker like hydor nano or something to help you blow ehh. MP10 can always be mounted on the top right corner and tune to a slightly higher setting to prevent detrius from settling on your main front eh (:

And yeah, don't move the rics so soon. Be patient. my experience with rics has always been bad because my fingers are always itchy. So yeah and for them to settle, it takes quite a while, heard can be months :X

anyway scape's good! but might want to consider like what if detrius settle in the middle of the scape? :mellow:

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

I have exhausted 2 bottle of live pods already. :(

Live pods cannot be their long term diet... my pocket will go bust before them.

Hopefully it is taking in the processed pods or some of the planktonic food that I m feeding.

woah so xiong! :S

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

• SRC Member
I have exhausted 2 bottle of live pods already. :(

Live pods cannot be their long term diet... my pocket will go bust before them.

Hopefully it is taking in the processed pods or some of the planktonic food that I m feeding.

bro.. wan pass me ur cling fish? maybe my tank can help u nurse it back.. tank is full of pods, tt my 2 blue pipe fish is feasting non stop.. :D anw, lots of nice nice zoas.. gt frag must inform me arz. haas.

Reefing is like a Relationship, Once you fall in Love with it, You will Love it for Life... :wub:

5a8bbdf6e2308_YUMA16.png.f2e17836611683574a142ad6fbd86466.png

bro.. wan pass me ur cling fish? maybe my tank can help u nurse it back.. tank is full of pods, tt my 2 blue pipe fish is feasting non stop.. :D anw, lots of nice nice zoas.. gt frag must inform me arz. haas.

Hey Lorenzo, I don't mind.

I can pass it to you 1st. until I sort out how to set my refugium then get it back from you. ( might be a yr down the road lol)

Thinking of setting my another external tank just for pods repro. My mandarin is wiping the pods population in my tank much faster than I anticipated.

zoas - mine quite common lah. most of it quite small colony so you have to wait for quite some time. :)

I sold most of the yumas you got for me because of my rescape. Keeping one only.

THink I will focus on having variety instead of quantity.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

Marco, The MP10 is placed there till my rics recover. I have moved the MP10 nearer to the top of the surface though. when my MP10 was placed on the back wall, I suspect the current is too strong in my tank for the rics liking now. Did not want to move the rics, so I moved the MP10 to the side. I have also placed a small piece of rock to block the incoming current bouncing off the wall. Hopefully they are happier now. The challenge with nano is that in such a small tank, it is hard to get the right flow for all the various livestock in the tank.

I am also toying with the idea of selling that away and get 2x 6025 instead. Really under utilizing my MP10.

• SRC Member
Hey Lorenzo, I don't mind.

I can pass it to you 1st. until I sort out how to set my refugium then get it back from you. ( might be a yr down the road lol)

Thinking of setting my another external tank just for pods repro. My mandarin is wiping the pods population in my tank much faster than I anticipated.

zoas - mine quite common lah. most of it quite small colony so you have to wait for quite some time. :)

I sold most of the yumas you got for me because of my rescape. Keeping one only.

THink I will focus on having variety instead of quantity.

haas.. no prob bro.. try to catch it den pass me lo.. will try to help u nurse it back. u need chaeto tell me arz.. sump quite alot.. give me a call or a msg den..

oh great, i also collecting yumas again.. i like ur orange one.. :)

Reefing is like a Relationship, Once you fall in Love with it, You will Love it for Life... :wub:

haas.. no prob bro.. try to catch it den pass me lo.. will try to help u nurse it back. u need chaeto tell me arz.. sump quite alot.. give me a call or a msg den..

oh great, i also collecting yumas again.. i like ur orange one.. :)

ok should not be too difficult to catch it. Will SMS you when done.

Pls keep some chaeto for me. Definitely need some.

The orange one is from Henry's display tank.

Think he is open to selling those.

Cool. Let you know if I come across any nice ones...

• SRC Member
ok should not be too difficult to catch it. Will SMS you when done.

Pls keep some chaeto for me. Definitely need some.

The orange one is from Henry's display tank.

Think he is open to selling those.

Cool. Let you know if I come across any nice ones...

sure sure.. :D

• SRC Member
Marco, The MP10 is placed there till my rics recover. I have moved the MP10 nearer to the top of the surface though. when my MP10 was placed on the back wall, I suspect the current is too strong in my tank for the rics liking now. Did not want to move the rics, so I moved the MP10 to the side. I have also placed a small piece of rock to block the incoming current bouncing off the wall. Hopefully they are happier now. The challenge with nano is that in such a small tank, it is hard to get the right flow for all the various livestock in the tank.

I am also toying with the idea of selling that away and get 2x 6025 instead. Really under utilizing my MP10.

I'm currently using just one Tunze 6025 and my return (Eheim Compact 1000 with Hydor Flo Deflector) for flow, and so far I'm happy with the results. Of course, I don't keep SPS, so requirements might differ.

then might as well get a 6055 controllable? Anyway 6025's an idea but I too feel the same way as bro peacemaker: 1 6025 should be more than enough. 2500l/hr of flow is quite adequate for your tank and 2 x 6025s may end up causing whirlpools in your tank.

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

then might as well get a 6055 controllable? Anyway 6025's an idea but I too feel the same way as bro peacemaker: 1 6025 should be more than enough. 2500l/hr of flow is quite adequate for your tank and 2 x 6025s may end up causing whirlpools in your tank.

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

gotcha. Thanks guys. Let me see how things go after I install my 2026.

wah new canister coming ah? :yeah:

Got a second hand one from Luke.

It's only 3 months old though... so still considered quite new.

Silly aquarium shop ran out of 16/22 eheim tubing.

Gotta check if my storeroom has some leftover and try to set it up tonight.

gonna use phosphate remover, carbon and biohomes for my tank :)

hmmm not sure if this is good news or bad news......

Got a geomancy master to check out my house yesterday.

The tank is now in the wrong position.

Need to shift the tank to another location.

Bad news is that I need to relocate it. - tedious and troublesome.

Good news is that I have to do it before end of 2011. ==> that means I have opportunity to plan for a new tank :) hehe.

Good news is that I have to do it before end of 2011. ==> that means I have opportunity to plan for a new tank :) hehe.

How big this time? haha :eyebrow: \

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

• SRC Supporter

haha... got excuse for a bigger tank liao... :)

• SRC Member

so if wifey believes master, then that's good news, opportunity !!! maybe master should also say something like other tha position, bigger is better :eyebrow:

25 Gal Micro Ocean

How big this time? haha :eyebrow: \

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

haha... got excuse for a bigger tank liao... :)

Yeah. But max will be 2 feet cause I want to reuse most of my eqpt and dun wanna go into huge tanks.

so if wifey believes master, then that's good news, opportunity !!! maybe master should also say something like other tha position, bigger is better :eyebrow:

Dang why did I not think of that lol......

Like invest more into the tank so there will be more wealth and luck to the family......

• SRC Member
Yeah. But max will be 2 feet cause I want to reuse most of my eqpt and dun wanna go into huge tanks.

Dang why did I not think of that lol......

Like invest more into the tank so there will be more wealth and luck to the family......

yup...and must have sump for the water to flow

l7304smr.jpg

yup...and must have sump for the water to flow

lol still no intention of getting a sump for my next 2 ft tank. dislike sumps (*although its advantages cannot be disputed.)