peacemaker's Office Nano 3

peacemaker

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

wow bro, u really love your helfrich! haha nice fish there!

" The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out; the brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough. They are there to stop the other people! "

Randy Pausch, (The Last Lecture)

I need... Urgh!

kekeke.... keep u posted if I see one around....

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

Wah... very different background lor! Yours is like zoas paradise... mine is like bare rocks with a miserable clump of half opened zoas... :snore:

all your gems are hidden..... :P

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

• SRC Member

all your gems are hidden..... :P

No gems, bro! Seriously... Tank didn't do very well for the past few months, so lost quite a number of zoas. Now the remaining ones are just struggling to survive. Did quite a bit of overhauling for last 2 weeks, so hopefully my tank will see better days. Kinda missed the growth spurt the LEDs provided... still see growth with the T5s, but not as fast as I would hope for. ;)

• SRC Member

Hey Peace, recently I bought a yellow wrasse. Then I began to notice that every morning, my mushrooms on the sandbed would be flipped out of position. Found out that the culprit is the yellow wrasse who likes to so sand diving, messing up my mushrooms.

Do you have this problem with your wrasse messing up your zoos?

Sometimes the good guys gotta do bad things to make the bad guys pay. - Harvey Specter

Hey Peace, recently I bought a yellow wrasse. Then I began to notice that every morning, my mushrooms on the sandbed would be flipped out of position. Found out that the culprit is the yellow wrasse who likes to so sand diving, messing up my mushrooms.

Hi Firestarter, yeah my yellow wrasse does the same. Sometimes, he just flicks the sand for whatever reason.

Same thing for my leopard wrasse.

If you have small frags of zoas, it is better not to place them on the sandbed.

But the damage is not as bad as jawfishes. They just flick and go..

So it is usually in different spots.

• SRC Member

I have witnessed mine spitting sand on my zoas, making them close up, and immediately pecking on what I assume are pods. It has always been messing the sand here and there. I just took out my sand bed last week though... :whistle

• SRC Member

Hi Firestarter, yeah my yellow wrasse does the same. Sometimes, he just flicks the sand for whatever reason.

Same thing for my leopard wrasse.

If you have small frags of zoas, it is better not to place them on the sandbed.

But the damage is not as bad as jawfishes. They just flick and go..

So it is usually in different spots.

In comparison, jawfishes will probably bury your frags with sand... :rolleyes:

• SRC Member

Something bad happened to my tank while I was too busy this weekend. Some of my mushrooms melted, checked salinity and PH both are ok. Wonder why they just melt like that. :(

Sometimes the good guys gotta do bad things to make the bad guys pay. - Harvey Specter

• SRC Member

Royal Gramma from Iwarna's recent shipment as well. Small in size, but a pretty gutsy fella! Can hold his on pretty well. Was a little afraid of the Naoko, but used his trademark wide jaw scare to fend off his challengers.

post-13914-12759208341641_thumb.jpg

• Senior Reefer

Eh... don't like that leh... its still my "holy grail"... :blush:

it is a holy grail! and you have to be proud of that. because the americans pay $200+ USD for it. i'm so glad that the price has dropped so much here for us to afford.

just a few months ago this fish was extremely rare that will never appear in singapore. Because of it's very recent discovery.

• SRC Member

The 2 new comers added a lot more life to the tank. Very actively swimming around and curiously checking every rock corner. It has rubbed off on the other fishes as well, and its like a boom town (tank) now.

• Senior Reefer

The 2 new comers added a lot more life to the tank. Very actively swimming around and curiously checking every rock corner. It has rubbed off on the other fishes as well, and its like a boom town (tank) now.

excellent to hear. Your new fish, especially the wrasse, are dither fishes and will encourage other shyer fishes to venture out more.

• SRC Member

it is a holy grail! and you have to be proud of that. because the americans pay $200+ USD for it. i'm so glad that the price has dropped so much here for us to afford.

just a few months ago this fish was extremely rare that will never appear in singapore. Because of it's very recent discovery.

Yeah, I read about that. Its very fortunate for us that this beauty is much more affordable locally. All thanks to Aunty, who gave the last piece to me. :bow: