peacemaker's Office Nano 3

peacemaker

• SRC Member

bro cheer up, hopefully the feeling of sadness should go away for you soon.

Go more LFS for shopping tomorrow as it's weekend / iwarna got new shipment see got any new favourites to be brought there :friends:

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Bro, dnt be sad. Such incident happens all the time. Cheerup and get another one soon!

bro cheer up, hopefully the feeling of sadness should go away for you soon.

Go more LFS for shopping tomorrow as it's weekend / iwarna got new shipment see got any new favourites to be brought there :friends:

Thanks guys!

I did do a little shopping... will post pics when ready. :P

Thanks guys!

I did do a little shopping... will post pics when ready. :P

from Irwana??? pics!!!!!!!

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

Sad to heard about ur lost.. :rip:

Will let u know if i want the neon goby...

Anyway what good stuff u brought??post some pic lay...

|| Tank: 5x2x2.5 || Sump 3.5x1.5.1.5 || Lights: DeLighting 2x80w Aquable Special T5 ||

|| Return: 2 x ehiem 1264 || Skimmer: Skimz SM251 ||

|| CR: deltec denitrator || ATO with custom make reservior tank||

|| FR: TLF running Rowas ,UV ||

|| Wavemaker: Jebao RE20& RW15|| Chiller: Daikin 1HP Compressor ||

|| Monitor 1: American Marine Pinpoint Temperature monitor ||

hey peace dude, sorry to hear abt the lost man. i also lost a few 'easy' fish lately. sigh... quite sian.

show pix of ur new purchases leh... i also did some mini shopping, but still waiting for the lights to come up (11am).

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open.

• SRC Member

Several of my fishes are knocking out one by one...

1. Yellow wrasse carpet surfed and found dead on monday.

2. Yashia brought back from my IQ3 to my office tank found dead on monday.

3. Royal Gramma died today.

I'm suspecting I face the same problem with Wilson, using NSW for water change. Only started using NSW a couple of weeks back. Planning to perform water changes with my usual bottled distilled water and salt mix within the next few days. Sigh...

Hey guys... reallly.....

Mossrope already given the heads up more than 1 week ago, there could be oil residue remnants in NSW.

it is an extremely good idea to use salt mix water for the time being. They can also be bought from SL, AM.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Member

Hey guys... reallly.....

Mossrope already given the heads up more than 1 week ago, there could be oil residue remnants in NSW.

it is an extremely good idea to use salt mix water for the time being. They can also be bought from SL, AM.

Unless we take water samples and perform a lab test, no one can say for sure that it is due to contaminated NSW. It seems to be the main suspect, since nothing in my routine has changed except using NSW. On the contrary, my corals seem to do better with NSW, so it could be a double edged sword...? Will definitely be using salt mix for the time being.

• SRC Member

there's alot of "stuff" in NSW which we can never test... certain form of unknown bacterias etc...

had bad experience using NSW before and have swore off using NSW for a long time already...

A man with a reef tank is a man with an empty wallet...

• SRC Member

Lol... my main reason to switch to NSW is due to my coral quality. I've since noticed an improvement in coral health, which kept me going with NSW for the past couple of weeks till now. Definitely doing partial water change with salt mix.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • SRC Member

Randall's Pistol Shrimp.

Very cute fella. Its fun watching it maneuver in the rubber hose, something like how professional swimmers do the flip when they reach the edge of the pool. Will be releasing it into the tank when I get my Yashias.

post-13914-002991900 1282664357_thumb.jp

• SRC Member

Your candies look good!

Thank you!

Sweet!!! That's a huge bunch of PD man.

I lack of patience lah, bro! :paiseh: Waiting for one polyp to propagate is killing me...

beautiful xenias. finally got them! where from?

and yes, that's a carpenter's flasher wrasse

It was a frag from a reefer in a frag exchange. Very healthy specimen and spreading now. Quick question: from your experience, how do they propagate? Spreading from the outskirts or from the middle? Mine seems to be from the middle.

Unfortunately, the Carp didn't make it. It's becoming quite frustrating, since it was also feeding well and was active. Bro LaW mentioned about some worms that come with wild caught specimens, and he recommended a treatment for them, but I didn't quite get the name. Gonna check with Fuel for it. If not for this poor record with wrasses, I would have gotten the hooded from LCK. Very very beautiful specimens.

• Senior Reefer

Thank you!

I lack of patience lah, bro! :paiseh: Waiting for one polyp to propagate is killing me...

It was a frag from a reefer in a frag exchange. Very healthy specimen and spreading now. Quick question: from your experience, how do they propagate? Spreading from the outskirts or from the middle? Mine seems to be from the middle.

Unfortunately, the Carp didn't make it. It's becoming quite frustrating, since it was also feeding well and was active. Bro LaW mentioned about some worms that come with wild caught specimens, and he recommended a treatment for them, but I didn't quite get the name. Gonna check with Fuel for it. If not for this poor record with wrasses, I would have gotten the hooded from LCK. Very very beautiful specimens.

xenias spread in a number of ways :

1) by swaying their branches and the branch will stick to a nearby rock, and separate from the main colony

2) by splitting in the middle to form more branches, and the extra branches will perform task number (1)

3) by sticking to a nearby rock, then detaching for whatever reason. Often a small stump of xenia will be left behind that spot and it will grow into a fully functional coral

4) by growing new buds on the sides or on the main branch which will perform task number (1)

Yours is Xenia elongata, which pulses moderately quickly and spreads very quickly.

most fairy and flasher wrasses will arrive with intestinal worms that may cause death. de-worming by soaking fish food in praziquantal is very effective. prazi can get from fuel or iwarna.

• SRC Member

Ah... that's the name of the treatment! I'll definitely be getting this before trying any more wrasses.

My xenia is a little strange... I'm not sure if its the existing polyps or new buds, but the middle just has short ones that pulse as normal. Its quite amusing to watch too, having short, pudgy "hands" waving and pulsing amongst the longer stalks. Its like a permanent kallang wave. Lol...