LaW's 250G

LaW

• SRC Member
:blink: Eh...wat happen to ya LINEATUS ?

hey Edwin,

internal digestive route problem, viral to the brain or swim bladder. either one or combined. this is not the first time im experiencing these, I gave up treating. I will keep his body and cut him up to see what is the problem. hope I can atleast pinpoint which organ is the one failing.

i search the web high and low with people reporting similar symptoms but no one can give a cure or explaination. Reddevil ever wrote to wetwebmedia but with no explaination or cause as well. how sad..

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• SRC Member

:blink: WOW !...are U a forensic scientist ? :rolleyes: How long have U keep the LINEATUS mate ?

hey Edwin,

internal digestive route problem, viral to the brain or swim bladder. either one or combined. this is not the first time im experiencing these, I gave up treating. I will keep his body and cut him up to see what is the problem. hope I can atleast pinpoint which organ is the one failing.

i search the web high and low with people reporting similar symptoms but no one can give a cure or explaination. Reddevil ever wrote to wetwebmedia but with no explaination or cause as well. how sad..

hi Reefz,

thank you.

i currently got no FTS but if you appreciate anthias.

heres some more for you.

wow very nice....

They must be very happy in your 78" tank

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Member

Finally know how to use multi-quote function :paiseh:

===============================================================================

Wow... very nice schooling anthias! ^_^

Hi peacemaker,

thank you.

================================================================================

love the anthias! Alot of $$ for this bartlett school! :)

and the rhomboid looks in excellent condition. Past 1 month mark already right?

Hi Zhiming, thank you. And alot of $ on food too. these fellas got huge appetite,

I think should to pass the one month mark already. A few more days to go.

================================================================================

:blink: WOW !...are U a forensic scientist ? :rolleyes: How long have U keep the LINEATUS mate ?

Of course not Edwin, but I did took a forensic module before, seen alot of nasty pictures :sick:

im just sick and tired over these uncertainties, try to clear my doubt over it. now my mircoscope comes in handy. hope i can find something! :angry:

kept the precious Lineatus for about a month already

wow very nice....

They must be very happy in your 78" tank

Hi jackywongto,

i dunno whether they are happy or not, can you tell? but i think the male anthias is. 1:9 ratio :lol:

any male human will be happy too :pirate:

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• SRC Member

while picking him up to let it rest eternally, discover this poor fella have drowsy or melawi boat. its an very uncommon disease especially for marine.

thinking I still laugh at orsonny for having that on his angel, i got it this time. :(

post-3663-1257354999_thumb.jpg

• SRC Member

i find its beyond cure and wanted to end it's suffering fast,

so I took him up and put him thru the freezer.

post-3663-1257355086_thumb.jpg

after 15 minute, I checked on him and find him stop breathing and I place him on the table while i go find ziplock bag to bag him up.

when i'm back, I saw him breathing again!!! and the fins was twitching like its fighting to survive!! :cry2::cry2::cry2:

post-3663-1257355235_thumb.jpg

this make me even harder to carry on. after hesitating for a while, i proceed again by putting him back into freezer for another 10min.

This time, I observe closely again and make sure it really passed away and put him into a ziplock bag.

wait till i'm less occupied, will get into him more :cry:

darn heartache to have to do this.

good bye lovely~~~ rest well, sorry to have you come into these...

post-3663-1257355418_thumb.jpg

post-3663-1257355438_thumb.jpg

post-3663-1257355954_thumb.jpg

post-3663-1257356099_thumb.jpg

post-3663-1257356132_thumb.jpg

post-3663-1257356315_thumb.jpg

• SRC Member
i feel sad seeing this,reminds me of my old wrasses..

move on buddy.

Thank you Nigel. yeah i know how you feel, you been thru more of it as compared to my experience. :cry:

two more pic showing its flashing.

post-3663-1257356543_thumb.jpg

post-3663-1257356601_thumb.jpg

• SRC Member
wow very clear photo n nice can take your zoa picture also

thank you Alex,

i still got much to learn for photo. will shot some fts and zoa pic for you.

regards,

while picking him up to let it rest eternally, discover this poor fella have drowsy or melawi boat. its an very uncommon disease especially for marine.

thinking I still laugh at orsonny for having that on his angel, i got it this time. :(

post-3663-1257354999_thumb.jpg

Do you mean dropsy?

• SRC Member
:upsidedown:LINEATUS shipment comes quite frequent...& unless moi naughty fertile pair can produce some virile offsprings from their ever flamboyant mating rituals...I hope I could pass some invincible frys to U mate. :eyebrow:

• SRC Member
:upsidedown:LINEATUS shipment comes quite frequent...& unless moi naughty fertile pair can produce some virile offsprings from their ever flamboyant mating rituals...I hope I could pass some invincible frys to U mate. :eyebrow:

:whistle I want a nice 3.5" speciman! don't want to raise frys la.. breeding is not in my blood... unlike bro fuel.

and the very beautiful lineatus.

turning weak. i will end his life later. dun want to see him wasting away, he lost the strenght to feed as well.

as you all can see, he is still very alert with his eyes observing around. he too will response to my presence but im letting him go for his eternal rest. pity...

:peace: .

Bro, trying your new camera and photo taking skill arh??? Take a pic of the whole tank, pls.

• SRC Member
Do you mean dropsy?

hi Eniram,

yes, i meant dropsy. typo. thank you for the heads up.

====================================================

sad to see your lineatus gone too bro. Next time if you're planning to get and got small nice specimen must jio me along! :)

hi Zhiming,

sure~

that going take a long long time. :lol: and males are seen very less often, that the sad part.

:whistle I want a nice 3.5" speciman! don't want to raise frys la.. breeding is not in my blood... unlike bro fuel.

same as Zhiming, breeding is not in my blood as well. Fuel got the patience needed which i dun have :lol:

Bro, trying your new camera and photo taking skill arh??? Take a pic of the whole tank, pls.

hi Sonny,

I thought you seen my tank before at my place?or you can drop by again. will try to, but tank in a mess and i lack the time.

you want to help me clean the wall? :eyebrow:

• SRC Member
  • SRC Member
hi Reefz,

thank you.

heres some more for you.

WHOA!!! really very cool. A school of anthias with a red prata on background :eyebrow::eyebrow:

Main Tank: 5 x 1 x 1

Return from overflow: Eheim compact+ 5000

Lighting: 2x 54W T5

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1350

Chiller: Arctica 1/10

Wave Maker: Tunze Nano Wavebox & Tunze 6055 with Photocell
Monitor 1: American Marine Pinpoint pH monitor
Monitor 2: American Marine Pinpoint Temperature monitor

• SRC Member

very professional way of handling your lineatus bro.. thumbs up for you..

btw, super nice school of barletts.. my dad would love this.. haha.. :)

hi Reefz,

thank you.

heres some more for you.

:o omg...tats wat i haf been trying to achieve bt cant!! swee!!

Main tank: 4.5 x 2.5 x 2
Skimmer: Deltec AP701
Return pump: RD 6

Chiller: Daikin compressor with Titanium coil
Wavemaker: Jebao w-20, Maxspect Gyre xf150

Lighting: 8x54 ATI Sunpower Non-dimmable

Linked tank
Main tank: 2 x 1 x 2
Return: Eheim 1260
Lighting: AI Hydra 26 with controller
Wavemaker: Tunze 6025
My decommed 3 ft setup

• SRC Member
:evil:MALES sure have...all depends on which GEAR U use, ie. SPORT mode or CRUISE mode. :eyebrow:

got old school gear option? :eyeblur:

=============================================

WHOA!!! really very cool. A school of anthias with a red prata on background :eyebrow::eyebrow:

Hiz Raymond,

thank you. was really nice of you and nice meeting you :bow:

happy reefing

very professional way of handling your lineatus bro.. thumbs up for you..

btw, super nice school of barletts.. my dad would love this.. haha.. :)

Hey vt_snowman87,

thank you and it was still a very unpleasent experience for me to do that. haiz.

was nice meeting you and your Dad many months back.

happy reefing

:o omg...tats wat i haf been trying to achieve bt cant!! swee!!

Hey yongshun,

add more anthias, can 1 :P and nice meeting you.

happy reefing

• SRC Member

wasn't productive today, retiring for the day :snore:

for Nigel,

again, i didnt clean glass :wacko:

post-3663-1257546512_thumb.jpg

• SRC Member

one for Alex,

taken at a angle to avoid the glass's aglae. thus explains for the distortion. :fear:

post-3663-1257548062_thumb.jpg