Craftsman's 150 gallon/567 litre Tank (4ftx2ftx2.5ft)

craftsman

I did a test on the effluence of my Deltec Denitrator this evening, after having it run for 7 days. On day 1, Nitrate levels were at 25ppm. This evening, Nitrate reading was 0ppm!!!! :eyebrow: Cool!

I tested the main water body, and Nitrate is still in the 20ppm range. Will slowly rank up the output to 3 to 5 drops per second.

Just tested the Nitrate levels int he tank today, and its gone down to 10ppm. :eyebrow: The Sulphur Denitrator is working well! ts been about a month now. By extrapolation, next month's test should read 0ppm for Nitrate. Heh heh heh....

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have not updated in a while. Close to 2 months now. The tank is also more established. Lots of coralline algae growth.... Have also begun adding SPS. Here are some growth pics... Sorry that some of the photos are not very sharp.... my camera skills need tweaking. :paiseh:

All pics were adjusted for white balance and sharpened only. No colour adjustment done.

Pink Birdnest on 24th Jan

4382325878_94f0e75e31_b.jpg

Pink Birdnest on 23rd Feb

4381567583_1348f3fdef_b.jpg

Blue Digitata on 24th Jan

4382326156_0f3b8ec0c1_b.jpg

Blue Digitata on 23rd Feb

4382327148_7898967f1f_b.jpg

Radioactive Green on 24th Jan

4381566589_12df3774e6_b.jpg

Radioactive Green on 23rd Feb

4381567829_596b860e02_b.jpg

Royal Blue Millie on 23rd Feb - New acquisition

4382327802_c303457544_b.jpg

Sunkist Zoa on 23rd Feb - New acquisition

4382326554_a7c1688b0c_b.jpg

Sunflower Zoa on 23rd Feb - New acquisition

4381567017_547303a684_b.jpg

Full Tank Shot on 23rd Feb

4381568565_40c49a47dc_b.jpg

• SRC Member

Nice tank... B)

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

Paul

Coming along very nicely wow..... within such a small space of time....

Those frags look very out of place against your big tank and large colonies of zoas... wahhahaha.....

hope they bloom bloom bloom.... :)

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

Have not updated in a while. Close to 2 months now. The tank is also more established. Lots of coralline algae growth.... Have also begun adding SPS. Here are some growth pics... Sorry that some of the photos are not very sharp.... my camera skills need tweaking. :paiseh:

All pics were adjusted for white balance and sharpened only. No colour adjustment done.

Sunkist Zoa on 23rd Feb - New acquisition

4382326554_a7c1688b0c_b.jpg

Paul - is that my leopard? 8)

Paul

Coming along very nicely wow..... within such a small space of time....

Those frags look very out of place against your big tank and large colonies of zoas... wahhahaha.....

hope they bloom bloom bloom.... :)

yeah Jacky, I know what u mean. :) I'm however getting to like frags alot. They're easier to epoxy to rocks, frags grow naturally in a tank, following the flow of current, making for a more natural looking tank. Frags are also easier to attach to rocks, and I think their survival rate is far higher than colonies bought from LFS. :)

I'm a frag convert. Heh heh heh.... I'm patiently waiting for my sps n zoa frags to grow. :)

Wow bro nice tank u have there....wow cant wait to c ur gems grow... :eyebrow:

|| Tank: 5x2x2.5 || Sump 3.5x1.5.1.5 || Lights: DeLighting 2x80w Aquable Special T5 ||

|| Return: 2 x ehiem 1264 || Skimmer: Skimz SM251 ||

|| CR: deltec denitrator || ATO with custom make reservior tank||

|| FR: TLF running Rowas ,UV ||

|| Wavemaker: Jebao RE20& RW15|| Chiller: Daikin 1HP Compressor ||

|| Monitor 1: American Marine Pinpoint Temperature monitor ||

yeah Jacky, I know what u mean. :) I'm however getting to like frags alot. They're easier to epoxy to rocks, frags grow naturally in a tank, following the flow of current, making for a more natural looking tank. Frags are also easier to attach to rocks, and I think their survival rate is far higher than colonies bought from LFS. :)

I'm a frag convert. Heh heh heh.... I'm patiently waiting for my sps n zoa frags to grow. :)

and the satisfaction of seeing them grow.

I had a 1 polyp frag expanded to 4 now and another 3 polyps expanded to 5!

beats buying a mother colony anytime :)

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

• 4 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

overall so nice! love your monti caps :)

God Blessed all who appreciate His wonderful and beautiful creations.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

my first reef aquarium 15jan2010

3x2x2ft EOS 10mm tank with sump//deltec sc2060 skimmer//arctica 1/10hp chiller

maxpect g2 170w led//vortech mp40w wavemaker//eheim 1262 universal pump

eheim compact+ 3000 chiller pump//caribsea ocean direct live sands 40lbs

and other misc...

• SRC Member
Thanks Justin... :rolleyes: Yeah.. the montis are nice... They're starting to overgrown a little though.... In a few more months, I'd have to start fragging them.

yeah u can frag and start selling already :) or giving out for free. hehezz..

God Blessed all who appreciate His wonderful and beautiful creations.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

my first reef aquarium 15jan2010

3x2x2ft EOS 10mm tank with sump//deltec sc2060 skimmer//arctica 1/10hp chiller

maxpect g2 170w led//vortech mp40w wavemaker//eheim 1262 universal pump

eheim compact+ 3000 chiller pump//caribsea ocean direct live sands 40lbs

and other misc...

• SRC Member

ur coraline is growing so crazily. perhaps that might be contributed from the sunlight + ur lights.

thats really good sign.

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

Nice progress! ^_^

nniccceee ... everytime I see carpet, I go... aaahhhhhh..... :)) nice tank. :) happy fishys and corals in there.

Desi

Thanks Peace and Desi... :rolleyes:

Hey Paul, your tank looking nicer by the day... and the frags seems to be growing pretty fast !

Cedric, xie xie ni... with your frags, the tanks will certainly look alot nicer. :) Yesterday just epoxied 12 SPS frags! :lol:

ur coraline is growing so crazily. perhaps that might be contributed from the sunlight + ur lights.

thats really good sign.

Yes Law, It does look that way. My lights though, just come on from 6pm,and go off by 10:30pm. Morning and noon sun does hit the tank though. :)

looks very nice & stable, Paul.

kudos to your discipline.