Craftsman's 150 gallon/567 litre Tank (4ftx2ftx2.5ft)

craftsman

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

an easy way to find out will be to look at the underside of the disk, if it has spots trailing down den its a gigantea.. :)

• SRC Member

nope don't worry, its the same care as they both exhibit similar behaviours.. except giganteas get bigger much faster.. :)

• SRC Member

wao, a hybrid of gigantea and haddoni.. thats interesting.. nonetheless, good specimen there, great looking.. :) as long as you are happy with it, doesnt matter whats the scientific name.. cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

Just solved an issue caused by my super duper NOOBNESS! :paiseh:

My 1/4 hp Arctica chiller has been kicking in too often. I never really noticed it at first, as the chiller is placed quite high up from the tank, and I don't get to hear the chiller kicking in. But as time went by, I began noticing it. When I measured it the other day, it was almost to the tune of kicking in every 4 minutes for 3 minutes each time! That was waaayyyyy too often!

I still had no idea what went wrong, and wondered if it was due to the pump, or due to it being under powered. Definitely not the thermostat, as Arcticas don't have that issue.

Anyways, I read and re-read my manual, and still couldn't figure out what was wrong. I finally sat down and observed it tonight, and saw that after cooling down the tank to 25.7 degrees, the chiller turned off, and in a matter of seconds, the temperature reading was reading 26.5 degrees!! It jumped up 1 degree every 2 to 3 seconds! Hang on.... I told myself. This can't be right!

I glanced at my thermometer in the tank, and the temperature was still showing 25.7 degrees!

Finally it dawned on me that I didn't calibrate the temperature of the chiller!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hiyah!!!!! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO STOOOOOOOPIIIIIIID !!!!!!!!!!! The chiller temperature was probably at 5 to 7 degrees higher than the actual temperature. So, every time it cooled down to a specified temperature, the actual thermometer adjusted the temperature to it's "wrong" temperature, causing the chiller to kick in. In essence, it was in a virtual loop!

Sigh.... So, I calibrated my chiller temperature to the thermometer in the tank, and now the chiller has gone for more than 45 minutes and still not kicked in.... :rolleyes:

Soo Noob right? :paiseh:

Just solved an issue caused by my super duper NOOBNESS! :paiseh:

My 1/4 hp Arctica chiller has been kicking in too often. I never really noticed it at first, as the chiller is placed quite high up from the tank, and I don't get to hear the chiller kicking in. But as time went by, I began noticing it. When I measured it the other day, it was almost to the tune of kicking in every 4 minutes for 3 minutes each time! That was waaayyyyy too often!

I still had no idea what went wrong, and wondered if it was due to the pump, or due to it being under powered. Definitely not the thermostat, as Arcticas don't have that issue.

Anyways, I read and re-read my manual, and still couldn't figure out what was wrong. I finally sat down and observed it tonight, and saw that after cooling down the tank to 25.7 degrees, the chiller turned off, and in a matter of seconds, the temperature reading was reading 26.5 degrees!! It jumped up 1 degree every 2 to 3 seconds! Hang on.... I told myself. This can't be right!

I glanced at my thermometer in the tank, and the temperature was still showing 25.7 degrees!

Finally it dawned on me that I didn't calibrate the temperature of the chiller!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hiyah!!!!! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO STOOOOOOOPIIIIIIID !!!!!!!!!!! The chiller temperature was probably at 5 to 7 degrees higher than the actual temperature. So, every time it cooled down to a specified temperature, the actual thermometer adjusted the temperature to it's "wrong" temperature, causing the chiller to kick in. In essence, it was in a virtual loop!

Sigh.... So, I calibrated my chiller temperature to the thermometer in the tank, and now the chiller has gone for more than 45 minutes and still not kicked in.... :rolleyes:

Soo Noob right? :paiseh:

I did not know need to calibrate the chiller.

How do you do it?

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

Look on the bright side bro, better to find out now, than to find out at the end of the month when you receive your utilities bill :)

We all learn from each other's mistakes, to everyone's advantage!

Thanks bro... :rolleyes: already been running for more than 3 months leow! Sure kena the utilities bill la.... cannot escape. <_< . But, I agree that we all learn together. :whistle

I did not know need to calibrate the chiller.

How do you do it?

Jacky, there are instructions to correct temperature deviations. See below.

4289237329_968fd16363_o.jpg

Thanks bro... :rolleyes: already been running for more than 3 months leow! Sure kena the utilities bill la.... cannot escape. <_< . But, I agree that we all learn together. :whistle

Jacky, there are instructions to correct temperature deviations. See below.

4289237329_968fd16363_o.jpg

Thanks. ok mine is definitely not calibrated. :P

Better do it quick.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

Wow very nice tank,Craft. :bow:

Wow ssssssssuper Nice......

Thanks bros... :paiseh: There are many tanks far more nicer than this. I'm just trying to get there. :rolleyes: But, thank you for your positive comments. Very much appreciated! Will be adding more SPS soon... Stay tuned. :blush:

Thanks bros... :paiseh: There are many tanks far more nicer than this. I'm just trying to get there. :rolleyes: But, thank you for your positive comments. Very much appreciated! Will be adding more SPS soon... Stay tuned. :blush:

True there are really lots of nice tank in SRC & I can only admire every instead,cos never really susceed before due to my poor knowledge in reefing.

Anyway will stay close in your thread.

Happy Reefing:)

• SRC Member

Craft, I love your hadonni with the clown fish. :P SO CUTE!!

Now kechupt and I are trying our best to find a suitable size one for our tank and 2 little black osci to nest in! See them swim without a home, feel very sad. :P

oh yes... LOVE the way your tank looks. :) Very cool.

Cheers,

Desi

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

Craft, I love your hadonni with the clown fish. :P SO CUTE!!

Now kechupt and I are trying our best to find a suitable size one for our tank and 2 little black osci to nest in! See them swim without a home, feel very sad. :P

oh yes... LOVE the way your tank looks. :) Very cool.

Cheers,

Desi

Thanks Desi.. :rolleyes: That Hadonni furball moved slightly to the right. Now the fishies have been denied a cave tunnel to swim through. <_<

Thanks for your comments. Can't wait to see Ketchup and your tank progress.... How about a nice FTS soon? :whistle