Desi & Ketchup 4x2.5x2 tank

desideria

• SRC Member
I wish I had lara croft's enormous assets which somehow don't seem to cause her any BACKACHE........ :rolleyes: i'm sure ketchup's wishes the same thing..

oh and btw I caught another worm.. by pure accident it was on the magnet scraper!! took it out and flushed it down the sink! YAY!!!!! 2 worms in a day!

come catch for me. i think my tank got worms and unwanted crabs.. :)

God Blessed all who appreciate His wonderful and beautiful creations.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

my first reef aquarium 15jan2010

3x2x2ft EOS 10mm tank with sump//deltec sc2060 skimmer//arctica 1/10hp chiller

maxpect g2 170w led//vortech mp40w wavemaker//eheim 1262 universal pump

eheim compact+ 3000 chiller pump//caribsea ocean direct live sands 40lbs

and other misc...

• SRC Member
where did u output the skimmer ?

The output is as circled by the pink line where the grey pipes meet the white bit is the output of the skimmer so RB attach the grey pipes to extend to my sump area........ :) can you see?

post-12571-1268479107_thumb.jpg

Desi

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

• SRC Member
The output is as circled by the pink line where the grey pipes meet the white bit is the output of the skimmer so RB attach the grey pipes to extend to my sump area........ :) can you see?

post-12571-1268479107_thumb.jpg

Desi

Ya... same as previously... into the middle section and go through all the filter to remove bubbles and flow back to final section and back to the main tank.

• SRC Member

Here's more pics of GUNK!!!!

after 24 hours..

post-12571-1268480191_thumb.jpgpost-12571-1268480212_thumb.jpg

ANd btw Cherm, here's a better pic of the outlet from the skimmer..

post-12571-1268480248_thumb.jpg

cheers,

Desi

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

Ya... same as previously... into the middle section and go through all the filter to remove bubbles and flow back to final section and back to the main tank.

Hi, finally the long awaited deltec skimmer is here! :eyebrow: Any FTS lately? Miss ur 'seapig' aka blue tang..haha

Tank Size: 3 x 3 x 2 with 3.5ft cabinet

• SRC Member

HEre's a pic of what our itchy fingers bought today @ LCK.. it ate the pellets thrown in and according to the lady @ LCK been with them for 2 weeks in the QT already so we decided to throw caution to the winds..

post-12571-1268489651_thumb.jpg

the powder brown is in the QT tank at the moment.. once he starts eating, i'm gonna throw him into the DT... :P

Cross fingers and toes and pray both powders this time are successful.....

**Jacky, I will not face the fish if i don't wear makeup when I come home late at night.. lol Cannot risk again la! :upsidedown:

Cheers,

Desi

Cheers, ;)

Desi

• SRC Member

so beautiful fish....wish i can keep one.. sob sob...

and other misc...

• SRC Member
so beautiful fish....wish i can keep one.. sob sob...

Justin, wait till it manages to live past the crucial 1 month stage then I will celebrate now.. too early to tell.. :( like my prior Powder brown experience.. :( thought no problems.. and then jump.. :cry2:

Yeah Terry, we're giving it a try.... see how it goes.. sometimes heng suay.

Desi

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Justin, wait till it manages to live past the crucial 1 month stage then I will celebrate now.. too early to tell.. :( like my prior Powder brown experience.. :( thought no problems.. and then jump.. :cry2:

Yeah Terry, we're giving it a try.... see how it goes.. sometimes heng suay.

Desi

Hopefully it will turn out well, I kept trying but they just wun work... Tried 2 small one, add together... Also cannot..

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

powder series tangs are extremely difficult to co exist. especially so against different species like powder brown, blue and black. good luck desi i hope you succeed! will be very nice to see the powder series in the same tank.

Hi Desi, the consolating part will be you have a 50/50 chance of getting both powder co-exist, one way to increase the chance is to get a larger powder specimen than the ones in the current tank. Luckily for all reefers, size does matters in the animal kindom.

Dont be dispair if the current powder blue didnt make it, ask around and many will tell you all the sad failures before the victory ( even with just one PBT or brown ). Another important thing is to maintain a good water parameter as close to the natural level as possible so that the new fish dont get too stress up.

Hope this sharing helps, all the best ;)

Treat others the way you wanna be treated...

Hi Desi, the consolating part will be you have a 50/50 chance of getting both powder co-exist, one way to increase the chance is to get a larger powder specimen than the ones in the current tank. Luckily for all reefers, size does matters in the animal kindom.

Dont be dispair if the current powder blue didnt make it, ask around and many will tell you all the sad failures before the victory ( even with just one PBT or brown ). Another important thing is to maintain a good water parameter as close to the natural level as possible so that the new fish dont get too stress up.

Hope this sharing helps, all the best ;)

yes i agree very much to have good parameter to keep this fellow - PBT alive .

I have learnt my lesson and now i managed to keep PBT alive .

up to date so many reefers have failed .

Humble tank :

Size: 4x2.5x2 ft - Display 

Equipment :

Return 1 : Ecotech marine L1

Return 2 : Ecotech marine M1

CR : Skimz CM122 - Caribsea extra course media with Grotech magnesium

Light : ATI 8x54W

• SRC Member

quick, show some new items pics pls! :) hehezz..

and other misc...

• SRC Member

Thanks all for the advice :)

We are aware of the problems with Powder series but it's really one of our favourite fishes and since we managed to find the 2 nice specimen so decided to give it a try.

1st day, initially PBT in the main tank swimming peacefully with the larger BT and YT... then late evening and at night, the YT starts getting aggressive and keep chasing and attacking the PBT... Today seems ok, can see some marks on the PBT but so far YT seems to accept the PBT and stop attacking now. So keeping fingers crossed.

PBrT still in QT, show some signs of small white spots but today seems ok.. only prob now is still not feeding. hopefully it will start eating soon.

• SRC Member

Justin, hold thine horses. :) hee hee.. wait till the new items open big big... :) tomorrow when I cheong home from work.. I take pic. :) Just now I checked.. all items seem OK.. but that's in the dark.. just now we went for concert so not at home when the newbies open big big. :)

hee hee hee...

Desi

Cheers, ;)

Desi

• SRC Member
Justin, hold thine horses. :) hee hee.. wait till the new items open big big... :) tomorrow when I cheong home from work.. I take pic. :) Just now I checked.. all items seem OK.. but that's in the dark.. just now we went for concert so not at home when the newbies open big big. :)

hee hee hee...

Desi

Open big big??? Rics? Mushies? Super Suns? wat other thing can open big big??? :eyebrow:

How many Yumas u getting from iwarna shipment??? :whistle

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

• SRC Member
Open big big??? Rics? Mushies? Super Suns? wat other thing can open big big??? :eyebrow:

How many Yumas u getting from iwarna shipment??? :whistle

she is going to have a yumama front lawn...hehezz... :)

and other misc...

• SRC Member
she is going to have a yumama front lawn...hehezz... :)

Wah...so she will be getting at least 50 Yumas from Iwarna shipment... :eyebrow::whistle

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

• SRC Member
Wah...so she will be getting at least 50 Yumas from Iwarna shipment... :eyebrow::whistle

Peter, i'm not so rich like you ok... 50?! I wish Ketchup and I printed money... wah seh... that one really house build around tank liow if I printed money......... IF ( and that's dependent on how gian I am on Friday) I end up going down on Friday, I think i'd get only 2 or 3. I wil prevail against Justin's urging to BUY LAH. LOL He has a very infectious buying bug... besides I can only get there EARLIEST 330-4pm so if shipment already come in, all the good ones already snapped up.. LOL...

I'm looking out for some nice clams... anyone seen any about 4 inches? :)

Desi

btw thank you cherm, lemon, cedric, vtec, terryz for the concern and advice.. ;) At least the 2 of us go into this "challenge" with our eyes open... try try try! :) Hope to give nice pics in a month's time of the tangs swimming together... that would be... worthy of opening a bottle of champagne. :)

Oh yes, I dumped in prodibio and my new skimmer is going INSANE!!!!!!!! :)

Cheers, ;)

Desi

• SRC Member
Peter, i'm not so rich like you ok... 50?! I wish Ketchup and I printed money... wah seh... that one really house build around tank liow if I printed money......... IF ( and that's dependent on how gian I am on Friday) I end up going down on Friday, I think i'd get only 2 or 3. I wil prevail against Justin's urging to BUY LAH. LOL He has a very infectious buying bug... besides I can only get there EARLIEST 330-4pm so if shipment already come in, all the good ones already snapped up.. LOL...

I'm looking out for some nice clams... anyone seen any about 4 inches? :)

Desi

btw thank you cherm, lemon, cedric, vtec, terryz for the concern and advice.. ;) At least the 2 of us go into this "challenge" with our eyes open... try try try! :) Hope to give nice pics in a month's time of the tangs swimming together... that would be... worthy of opening a bottle of champagne. :)

Oh yes, I dumped in prodibio and my new skimmer is going INSANE!!!!!!!! :)

I thought i saw someone, think it is j'field, selling his clams in the pasar malam?

Eeeehhh...I think if u meet justin, which I'm very sure u will, he will definately psycho u to get 50 Yumas to create a Yuma carpet... :eyebrow: Anyway, based on previous shipment multi colour yuma pricing, 50 Yumas only 4K nia...I'm very sure u can afford it... :eyebrow:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

• Senior Reefer

to increase your chances with success in the two powder tangs, introduce them simultaneously. the PBT is in for now, and introducing the PBrT later will be next to impossible. so i suggest before introducing the PBrT, catch and hold the PBT first. then rearrange some rocks to break the terriroty, and release both together. otherwise its goign to be very very tough to get the two powders getting along, much less the other resident YT and BT.

even then, it might not guarantee that both powders won;t fight. but its possibl to keep many powder's together. just difficult. tang master has done so with PBT and PBrT. i have also seen PBT, PBrT, and PBlkT all kept together. even 3 PBT in 1 tank! so jiayou. it's possible