Desi & Ketchup 4x2.5x2 tank

desideria

yeah it would have been more fun if more people came to lim kopi or Teh at my place. hahah I turn on air con and Justin fell asleep on the sofa... LOL

I still remember when Comycus ask : "Bigger one or smaller one".. and I look at Cedric and said : WHICH PART?!

ROFL!! stuart.gif

Desi

Next time Desi....

We go raid your place :)

Yah lunch conversation was so funnnnnnnny.

enjoyed every minute of it.

SL has rather healthy LS. great place to source for fishes.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

Desi - PBT

Comycus - PBT

Justin - blenny and a shrimp

Bino - a very teeny tiny YT

Jacky - Clarki clown

who else did I miss out? smile.gif

eyebrow.gif

Desi..

And here it is.. my 2nd chance at this fish... didn't really want to buy but when I see it swimming and eating at the shop... I admit, the FORCE IS NOT STRONG IN ME!!!.... praying praying praying...

And yes dosing BACTERIA once a week ( UV will be off for 48 hours after bacteria dosed)

$3.50 fish.... ahem ahem ahem... lol but that value is Joe's value hor...

post-12571-12701298755526_thumb.jpg

Nice meeting everyone today. :) and thanks to joe, Justin and qiang for gracing my house with their presence. heeh ee heeeyebrow.gif

Looks good for the PBT, seemed steady and colouration is full and stable, I believe with it's size, your other tang is just gonna give it a few tucks here and there and eventually surrender to it's supremercy. Great looking beauty you got Desi.

Treat others the way you wanna be treated...

Desi - PBT

Comycus - PBT

Justin - blenny and a shrimp

Bino - a very teeny tiny YT

Jacky - Clarki clown

who else did I miss out? smile.gif

eyebrow.gif

Desi..

And here it is.. my 2nd chance at this fish... didn't really want to buy but when I see it swimming and eating at the shop... I admit, the FORCE IS NOT STRONG IN ME!!!.... praying praying praying...

And yes dosing BACTERIA once a week ( UV will be off for 48 hours after bacteria dosed)

$3.50 fish.... ahem ahem ahem... lol but that value is Joe's value hor...

post-12571-12701298755526_thumb.jpg

Nice meeting everyone today. :) and thanks to joe, Justin and qiang for gracing my house with their presence. heeh ee heeeyebrow.gif

$3.50/- for a PBT?? Btwn what is Joe's value? hehe.....

Tank Size: 3 x 3 x 2 with 3.5ft cabinet

ping jyoon.

its his coded valuation of LS when his wife is around.

He shared the joke during lunch so the handful of us can understand.

just multiply it by x10. that is the actual figure.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

ping jyoon.

Oh Haha...so he moved one decimal place to the LEFT right?? :upsidedown:

Btwn Desi/ketchup, very nice PBT u haf there. Looks like it is here to stay in ur tank! (One of the must haf fish in my tank too, but later....)

Tank Size: 3 x 3 x 2 with 3.5ft cabinet

ping jyoon.

I think it's the standard with all women except SRC sisters that we men have to discount the decimal place by 1-3 positions backwards for our purchases! haha

else we will get an earful of endless countless timeless classic naggings from our partners! :X teehee

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

• SRC Member

This batch of PBTs look very healthy. Just in bought a blenny from SL? What blenny is that?

But was great meeting everyone for lunch!

Next one, maybe lets set it 3 weeks later just before Justin start work ... hehe

red scooter blenny :) so cute. my normal scooter saw the red and flare his fin up and throw sands on the new comer while the red heck care and start nip the sands..soooo cute watching them.

yeah, let's meet b4 i start work.

yeah it would have been more fun if more people came to lim kopi or Teh at my place. hahah I turn on air con and Justin fell asleep on the sofa... LOL

ROFL!! stuart.gif

Desi

i can hop over anytime this month and nap on ur sofa. :)

• Like 2

God Blessed all who appreciate His wonderful and beautiful creations.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

my first reef aquarium 15jan2010

3x2x2ft EOS 10mm tank with sump//deltec sc2060 skimmer//arctica 1/10hp chiller

maxpect g2 170w led//vortech mp40w wavemaker//eheim 1262 universal pump

eheim compact+ 3000 chiller pump//caribsea ocean direct live sands 40lbs

and other misc...

• SRC Member

yeah next outing or perhaps BEFORE next outing ( in case peeps buy lifestocks), can come over to AMk ave 9 to eat and lim and talk fishy. phone.gif I just hope and pray by then, my current livestock STAYS as is! ( you know what i mean!)

The new PBT is still looking good but it's only the 2nd day that it's back so I dare not say too much lest I jinx it. Justin, Joe and Qiang ( I believe that's the hunsum young man's name... pls correct me if i'm wrong!) saw it immediately start nipping on the sandbed and rocks the second I gently let it go into the DT and gave much Encouraging words to me that it WILL LIVE. Haiz.. still stung from the last one so my scepticsm is there..

Just fed a mixture of 3 kinds of pellets this morning Form 1 & 2 Ocean nutrition ANd Dr bassler's forte and I see it whacking all of it as it falls from the heavens! It was constantly nipping at the algae at my overflow wall and rocks, and swimming ALL over the place...

The YT occasaionally does make a bee line for the PBT but the PBT thank god is big enough to give it the middle FIN and also WHACK back with his slighly bigger tail fin. LOL.

thanx.gif all for the words of encouragement

Cheers,

Desi

Oh yes, to all christians out there, it's GOOD FRIDAY & Happy EASTER!!! :)

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

• SRC Member

yeah next outing or perhaps BEFORE next outing ( in case peeps buy lifestocks), can come over to AMk ave 9 to eat and lim and talk fishy. phone.gif I just hope and pray by then, my current livestock STAYS as is! ( you know what i mean!)

I was in the area yesterday night, should have come to find you guys cos I was so bored by my gf and her friend's girly chatter. Fishy talk is much more interesting hur hur hur...

The PBT is fine... it eats everything we throw in.. Seems to love grazing the green algae near the external overflow :)

Glad it is doing well! We were all so excited by how garang the PBT is and successfully pressured desi to buy it lol.

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

• SRC Member

GUESS WHAT!! CAUGHT A WORM!!!!! Saw it crawling into one of the movable rocks whilst I was watching the new PBT yesterday and I cheonged to get it out and dumped in a small scoop of water and squirted it with an entire squirt of Coral RX... let it soak OVER NIGHT and here is the C*** B***...

eyebrow.gif

post-12571-12702171531582_thumb.jpg

Day 2 and the PBT is still alive and swimming... the YT hardly chases it already.. can swim side by side with no issues although sometimes for no discernable rhyme or reason.. they do chase each other.. :P

A sad thing that happend today was one of my male anthias ( out of the 3 anthias left) has died... there was a major wound on it's body which I think was inflicted by the other male anthias .. for some strange reason out, 2 out of my 3 anthias turned full male and both kept on fighting each other.. so I guess one finally won. haiz as to quote Sheldon ( Big Bang Theory.. anyone watch this?!) " nature.. thou art a heartless b*****!!". rolleyes.gif

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

Desi, recall that your nitrate is 50ppm. U are currently dosing prodibio bioclean?

• SRC Member

I am dosing Prodibio Biodigest 1 ampule and 2 ampules of Biotim every alternate week. I only started 1 month ago on it btw.

I used to do water change every month but after talking to Cedric, I am going to try water changing every ALTERNATE week to be the same time as my bacteria dosing of Prodibio. So my next waterchange is next weekend. :)

Cheers

Desi

Cheers, ;)

Desi

I am dosing Prodibio Biodigest 1 ampule and 2 ampules of Biotim every alternate week. I only started 1 month ago on it btw.

I used to do water change every month but after talking to Cedric, I am going to try water changing every ALTERNATE week to be the same time as my bacteria dosing of Prodibio. So my next waterchange is next weekend. :)

Cheers

Desi

desi, yah more frequent wc will help u lower the nitrate. And also you have partial artificial rocks in your main tank. Hence you bacteria colonization activities are more limited. ( despite u having some LR in the sump tank. if u are using biohommes, personally I dun believe it works. Do u have an orp monitor? I am quite curious about your redox reading. This reading does not give u a clear specific indication of your tank status but it does at least give you a rough understanding of your tank status. I rely on it a lot to make certain decisions.

Cheers

Desi

only alternate week?? i started once a week water change (if not twice) after returning from his place!

hopefully can start some SPS growth...

besides, parameters testing is also equally important.

• Like 1

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open.

• SRC Member

Ketchup is of the opinion of don't water change too much..... sad.gif Although I prefer to do it weekly.... so I meet him half way.. ALTERNATE WEEK....eyebrow.gif Just change MORE!

desi

Cheers, ;)

Desi

• SRC Member

only alternate week?? i started once a week water change (if not twice) after returning from his place!

hopefully can start some SPS growth...

besides, parameters testing is also equally important.

bro,u using CR right?