Desi & Ketchup 4x2.5x2 tank

desideria

• SRC Member

no no.. enough fish liow... I want lots of swimming space for fishes.. now it's coral time.. :P LPS and softies, here I come..

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

• SRC Member

haha.. ya lor.... ytd went reborn... elvin ask me get his BLACK TANG! :P

Wait for Gem Tang lah~....:heh:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

• SRC Member

iskay.. Gem Tang? bor $$$ leh.... I wish I was that famous Thai reefer who has the resources and the passion to boot. :) I bow to him everytime I see his tank updates.

Siangz, :P If I get a PBT I will be asking for warzone in tank.. ahhaah now at least the YT, BT and AT seem to be getting along besides the occasional chasing by the YT to the At.. it's only Day 2 and so far most of the time the AT is left alone but sometimes the YT goes bonkers and chase him a bit and they both cross tail fins! Added a couple more corals bought from some kind bros here so I think have to stop liow after this Sat's LFS raid of Pasir Ris.. so long haven't go Pasir Ris.. I am LFS deprived!

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

• SRC Member

iskay.. Gem Tang? bor $$$ leh.... I wish I was that famous Thai reefer who has the resources and the passion to boot. :) I bow to him everytime I see his tank updates.

Siangz, :P If I get a PBT I will be asking for warzone in tank.. ahhaah now at least the YT, BT and AT seem to be getting along besides the occasional chasing by the YT to the At.. it's only Day 2 and so far most of the time the AT is left alone but sometimes the YT goes bonkers and chase him a bit and they both cross tail fins! Added a couple more corals bought from some kind bros here so I think have to stop liow after this Sat's LFS raid of Pasir Ris.. so long haven't go Pasir Ris.. I am LFS deprived!

i'm deprived too...i was at AM and saw a lot of beautiful blue tip elegance...including one branching with 2 heads...but i hold back my wallet for paris...

l7304smr.jpg

An inspiring journal I would say! Me and my wife just got our own place and thinking of setting up a marine tank. Most probably FOWLR for staRTERs... I'm still reading your very first few pages, though i'm a bit slow on the shortforms.. A beautiful teamwork you guys got there! Wow! thanks for sharing! ;)

• SRC Member

the AT is so bloody greedy. from the video it seem that it kept nodding its head or like a wood pecker.

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• SRC Member

add one more powder blue...c wat happen

AhSiang is not only tiko but wicked as well.

hehe.

:cheers:

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• SRC Member

ah desi n ketchap couple...how's the trip tis morning? a little disappointing hor...wait for next week lah...x'mas coming...Santa will bring more corals...haha...the $5 orange yuma i got not bad leh...looks hardy and colours quite outstanding...

i saw the SYT at iwarna tis morning...not bad...dun know whether u guys notice...hehe...highlight of the morning... :eyebrow:

l7304smr.jpg

• SRC Member

Hey Siangz, thanks for the ride this morning. :) Well... today was ok la.. not that many nice stuff but I think Ketchup and I spent enough.

LOL The gornio we got is all opening up and the african zoos and the blue faced red skirting common zoos look really cool under the blue LEDs. :) Acan and strawberry coral is AOK. :P

I noticed that there are a few white spots on the tangs and all the fishes are going to the cleaner wrasse for a cleanup ( yes I am aware that cleaner wrasse don't remove itch.)... I can only hope and pray that my LS is fit enough to fight it. THe UV is on 24/7 since the AT was introduced into the sump on saturday so I'm gonna leave it on for a while more until I know everything is ok. Been overfeeding ever since we put in the AT in on Wednesday night to make sure the fishes have enough food to fight off any infection. Doing an approx 100L Water Change tomorrow morning and throwing in bacteria etc. Fingers CROSSED TIGHTLY! YT is no longer chasing the AT around but they still do occasionally tend to cross fins.

Hoping the rhomboid will also recover from it's swollen eye. it's almost a month and it's still in the beta box!:cry2:

Actually tomorrow we are going to a Freshwater farm to look for.. GOLDFISHES to put into our water feature in front. :o ....

@mmbnz : good luck with your tank setup... this forumn is chock full of info.. and of course there's also your skill in GOOGLE-FU to find any information you need on keeping a salt water tank. :) GOod luck!!

Cheers, ;)

Desi

• SRC Member

An inspiring journal I would say! Me and my wife just got our own place and thinking of setting up a marine tank. Most probably FOWLR for staRTERs... I'm still reading your very first few pages, though i'm a bit slow on the shortforms.. A beautiful teamwork you guys got there! Wow! thanks for sharing! ;)

Hi Mnbmz, thanks for dropping by:)

My advise is to think carefully on the tank size and stocking... FOWLR although easier to maintain may make u lose interest. I still think fish + LPS is the nicest:)

Lastly, take time to cycle... i think we cycled quite fast with the live sand/live rock.. can and prob should take a little longer :)

• SRC TOTQ Winner

Couldn't make it in time for the Pinnacle shipment as I was busy with Christmas shopping or else I would have met you there. Yeah, heard that this shipment wasn't that good. It's either the corals are depleting with all the harvesting or you were there :poster_oops: I believe it's the former la. Anyway, will see you for the next shipment.

Member of:

Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• SRC Member

And for all the reefers out there who suggested turning our Water feature outside to house a school of clown fishes.. well.. now we have this.. :)

post-12571-087675400 1291615810_thumb.jp

Cheers, ;)

Desi

• SRC Member

Decent size pond. You can put an Arapaima inside.

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

• SRC Member

oh don't remind me :(

my 7ft long arapaima passed away 2 years ago. now my grandmother's pond is fishless.

Really? Sad to hear that. How was it disposed of? Cannot simply flush down the toilet.:unsure:

***Sorry to dilute

• SRC Member

Nice pond. I would also put a Freshwater sting ray inside if i will you tongue.gif

LOL Unlike the guy from M1 who swindled millions.. I am not gonna buy a $200,000 stingray.. lol :rolleyes:

Hmmmm.. I have to google what's an arapaima... omg.. that was one HUGE FISH!!!!!!!!!!

anyway we only intend to keep goldfishes as we read that Koi though cute and small now will outgrow our pond.. and that would be too cruel. No proper filtration system just the media etc all thrown into the sump of the pond so we intend to keep our bioload as low as possible so that a bi weekly water change is all that's required to keep the Goldfishes alive and healthy.

:superman:

Cheers, ;)

Desi

• SRC Member

LOL Unlike the guy from M1 who swindled millions.. I am not gonna buy a $200,000 stingray.. lol :rolleyes:

Hmmmm.. I have to google what's an arapaima... omg.. that was one HUGE FISH!!!!!!!!!!

anyway we only intend to keep goldfishes as we read that Koi though cute and small now will outgrow our pond.. and that would be too cruel. No proper filtration system just the media etc all thrown into the sump of the pond so we intend to keep our bioload as low as possible so that a bi weekly water change is all that's required to keep the Goldfishes alive and healthy.

Fair enough. You at least need some guppies or mosquito fish as mosquito control.

• SRC Member

get some top view ranchus or comet goldfish, they look like koi but smaller (mine grow from a 2cm to my forearm length)