Pls help to ID this

Hi

Can someone please help to advise what disease is this clown suffering from?

He looks a bit thin but is still feeding normally.

At the chin, there seems to be a "skin" peeling off.

There is also a white flake mucus on the body.

Is it contagious and should I remove it to a QT?

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• Senior Reefer

looks like brooklynellosis. very common in WC clowns. have encountered this in almost 80% of all the clowns i buy that is wild caught. mostly infect clowns but i have encountered this disease on my royal gramma before.

i dunno much about it. fuel or Joe P will know how to deal with it. its like velvet's twin sister IMO... heard about velvet? its stuff nightmares are made of

• SRC Member

formalin not easy to get.

try befuran. works for me on my clowns. availabe at C328. dip strongly.

all the best.

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

Other then getting it at C328 where else can one get formalin and befuran?

formalin not easy to get.

try befuran. works for me on my clowns. availabe at C328. dip strongly.

all the best.

jacky, if you cant find any formalin, and if u need befuran, let me know. i have 2 boxes of befuran haven use. if u need i can give u.

but if can find formalin then use it.

will cupramine help? My friend just passed me a bottle.

read that copper will not treat this disease. can confirm?

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

Hyposalinity will slow the disease down, but will not kill it. Maybe hypo the fish first while you look for formalin? So far the only known cure for brookynella is formalin.

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• SRC Supporter
will cupramine help? My friend just passed me a bottle.

read that copper will not treat this disease. can confirm?

Becareful with dosing copper, not really "Reef safe" for your corals...

• SRC Member

i've got this ProtoMarin Coral from Aquarium Munster...

according to the package, its reef safe and it is for treatment against skin parasites such as oodinium ocellatum, cryptobia, brooklynella, trichodina and cryptocarion..

if it helps and if you want to try, let me know,

i can pass you mine..

not very sure if it helps,

i bought it when i just started the hobby,

thinking that it might cure ich..

it didnt work...

My Decomissioned 2ft Cube: (31st March 2011)

Carpe Diem~!!!

My Current 4ft X 2ft X 2ft:

Becareful with dosing copper, not really "Reef safe" for your corals...

I have isolated that clown and he is in a hospital tank now :)

i've got this ProtoMarin Coral from Aquarium Munster...

according to the package, its reef safe and it is for treatment against skin parasites such as oodinium ocellatum, cryptobia, brooklynella, trichodina and cryptocarion..

if it helps and if you want to try, let me know,

i can pass you mine..

not very sure if it helps,

i bought it when i just started the hobby,

thinking that it might cure ich..

it didnt work...

Thanks for the offer Kiko.

I will try the other means 1st.

Will ping you if I ever need that :)

• SRC Member

henry have befuran as well.

careful on befuran and formalin. both are carcinogenic upon contact, especially formalin. do wear gloves.

before dipping, dip in freshwater for 5minutes. shake the fella up if he lay on its side.

befuran, use a bag to 5liter of water, dip for half an hr to an hr. airate strongly through out.

do it everyday till it gets better. i did it 3 times. by the 2nd time, the clowns starting eating again.

after treatment i put it back into tank's betta.

it works for me. can talk to henry as well for more info on that.

all the best.

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

henry have befuran as well.

careful on befuran and formalin. both are carcinogenic upon contact, especially formalin. do wear gloves.

before dipping, dip in freshwater for 5minutes. shake the fella up if he lay on its side.

befuran, use a bag to 5liter of water, dip for half an hr to an hr. airate strongly through out.

do it everyday till it gets better. i did it 3 times. by the 2nd time, the clowns starting eating again.

after treatment i put it back into tank's betta.

it works for me. can talk to henry as well for more info on that.

all the best.

thanks Law.

all you guys so helpful. hope my fish gets well soon.

Sorry to disappoint you guys. The fish was already half dead this morning and deceased in the afternoon.

Thanks for all your help though.

Kinda skeptical about getting another clown now.

• SRC Member

get medication before hand before u buy clowns.

brook is well known to kill a fish as soon as 8hr upon infection.

beside medication, time is the cure as well.

all the best.

• SRC Member
Sorry to disappoint you guys. The fish was already half dead this morning and deceased in the afternoon.

Sorry to hear that bro. Seems the same that took my clown a couple of months ago ... really fast

25 Gal Micro Ocean

• SRC Member

sad to hear tt. Maybe in future for those fishes tt commonly come down with these deadly diseases can practice qt? I'm thinking of setting up a qt tank for the next fish I'm eyeing too. As the tank establishes and you have got prized LS, you wouldn't wanna risk not qting and wipe out the entire fish population.

• SRC Member

Cannot be help sometimes when u choose yr clowns....2 weeks ago when i went to reborn, i saw some nice saddlebacks...but they were breathing very heavily, not very healthy.

Sealife has a few very bright red tomato clowns, 1/2 inch and a pair of black clowns...can take a look....quite healthy.

l7304smr.jpg