My 1.5ft nano cube

whiteice78

Hi all, after many years of hiatus from the hobby, finally decided to return, small scale :upsidedown:

Thus, my 1.5 ft nano was born. Brief specs :

Tank:

- 1.5 ft cube, 10mm braceless with black silicone

Lighting:

- Dymax Octo 150 watt MH clip on with 20K BLV bulb

- 2 x Hydor Moonlight

Filteration:

- Tunze Nano Reefpack 200 (still waiting)

- Ehiem Pro II 2026 canister with surface skimmer

Chiller:

- Hailea HC100

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FTS, as my skimmer is not in yet, running very low stocking levels now. SO tank look very plain

nanofts.jpg

Flame from bro reddevil

nanoflame.jpg

My suns, got them at lelong px from GO

nanosuns.jpg

Got this from another bro here, but broke it up into pieces to skirt one of the anchor rocks

nanogreen.jpg

To the left is a crocea from Irwana and to the right, a maxima from CF

nanoclams.jpg

My latest and favourite addition, Fijian Zoos from Irwana. Hope they cover up the rock real fast

nanofijianzoos.jpg

Wow very nice bro. Another twin :)

love the star polyps skirting idea.

The Fijian zoas are very nice too.

Another person to share frags with :)

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

Whiteice78

Question: how old is your tank already?

Do you intend to continue using the cannister even after the arrival of your Reefpack?

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

for nano, 1.5 ft cube is a good size.

You can easily get a oversize your chiller, skimmer for it.

(except for lighting - hard to get 1.5 ft light )

Whiteice78

Do you intend to continue using the cannister even after the arrival of your Reefpack?

Hi Jacky, yes, I intend to continue using the canister even after the reefpack comes in. I gathered that since I needed a pump for the chiller and it doesn't hurt having the extra filteration, the canister just made sense.

Whiteice78

Oh, forgot to answer, my tank is approx 2 months plus already. I'm having a bout of diatoms now kept just under control by the sri lankan turbo snail.

Just 2 weeks about, I saw an isopod scouting around my sand. Fearing for the safety of the FA, I had wanted to get a cleaner wrasse. However, Ah Beng advised me to get Chromis instead. I have a crab in there too. Lowered my DIY crab trap in already but still no success. Haiz.

nice acquisitions.

GO corals are often very tempting.

Would really like to know if anyone can step in and leave without buying anything.

what is the white box there?

your scaping is really very nice now.

will be an awesome tank when you stock up with more gems.

Think there will be more nanos starters after seeing your thread :)

• SRC Member
nice acquisitions.

Would really like to know if anyone can step in and leave without buying anything.

i can step out without buying.. did it a couple of times in fact... lol...

think the white box is for cheato...

A man with a reef tank is a man with an empty wallet...

nice acquisitions.

Thanks bro, you are right abt not being able to leave GO empty handed. Initially only wanted to get a couple of blastos but in the end ...... If not for the fact I'm still skimmerless right now, I would have gotten some more. :evil:

oh, the white box is really just a ceap plastic holder. I stuck it where my skimmer shd have been and chucked in some Cheato. Just a temp masure b4 the skimmer comes in. I'm also toying with the idea of diying a small mini refugium that would be nice to look at a well so I can display it behind my main tank. Refugiums can look pretty too and if I could cultivate zooplankton in there, it would be perfect.

such a nice FA.... is your tank a 3 sided view?

yup, i was lucky to get it from bro reddevil. Initially, it hid in the "caves" most of the time. But when I introduced the 2 Chromies and True Perc, all 4 of them are constantly at the surface waiting for food esp when someone goes near.

Yes you are right, my tank has 3 sided views

I'm also toying with the idea of diying a small mini refugium that would be nice to look at a well so I can display it behind my main tank. Refugiums can look pretty too and if I could cultivate zooplankton in there, it would be perfect.

I am keen too. Lets share pointers when you embarked. I think I will have some space of an intank refugium when I remove the cleaner module.