Repost with better img: My ultimate 3x3 square

khiann

Decided to repost as the original hosting server is too slow. Borrow a much better DSLR and retake with proper settings.

Secret project in progress. I have decided to play it big and not to frag the grown sps to smaller colony. This time, a 3x3x1.5, square tank, custom built, cemen block as cabinet at my outdoor.

This is a shallow tank, as i like to view sps from top, as well as easier for maintainance job

Equipments

1. 1x 400w 20k with lumenarc reflector, 2x250w 12k reeflux if not enough, 2x 3f T5HO ATI blue plus

2. 1x vortech mp40w on pulse, 2x resun 15000 with vortech impeller for bottom circulation

3. 2x return RIO 20HF connected to 8 hours UPS, 32HF to chiller

4. 1HP C1000 chiller with external controller and probe

5. my old and trusty beckett with MD55

6. 8 inch diameter, 32 inch tall CR.

7. decided to continue using the cheap redsea salt, low on ca and kh but i found good level of MG.

cycled the tank with some new rock, and all the stock and rock move in from my old 3x1.5x2 . So far, the only casualty is the lion fish which shredded to pieces by resun's vortech impeller. Strange that i have minimal color loss on sps.

most of the equipment still not in proper connection and placing and lots of work to be done.

This tank is on vodka dosing. and side effect is i see some hair algae, may be i should reduce the dosage.

post-7977-1260766037_thumb.jpg

post-7977-1260766110_thumb.jpg

post-7977-1260766213_thumb.jpg

post-7977-1260766302_thumb.jpg

post-7977-1260766379_thumb.jpg

post-7977-1260766152_thumb.jpg

post-7977-1260766179_thumb.jpg

post-7977-1260766265_thumb.jpg

post-7977-1260766337_thumb.jpg

post-7977-1260766414_thumb.jpg

• SRC Member
Decided to repost as the original hosting server is too slow. Borrow a much better DSLR and retake with proper settings.

Secret project in progress. I have decided to play it big and not to frag the grown sps to smaller colony. This time, a 3x3x1.5, square tank, custom built, cemen block as cabinet at my outdoor.

This is a shallow tank, as i like to view sps from top, as well as easier for maintainance job

Equipments

1. 1x 400w 20k with lumenarc reflector, 2x250w 12k reeflux if not enough, 2x 3f T5HO ATI blue plus

2. 1x vortech mp40w on pulse, 2x resun 15000 with vortech impeller for bottom circulation

3. 2x return RIO 20HF connected to 8 hours UPS, 32HF to chiller

4. 1HP C1000 chiller with external controller and probe

5. my old and trusty beckett with MD55

6. 8 inch diameter, 32 inch tall CR.

7. decided to continue using the cheap redsea salt, low on ca and kh but i found good level of MG.

cycled the tank with some new rock, and all the stock and rock move in from my old 3x1.5x2 . So far, the only casualty is the lion fish which shredded to pieces by resun's vortech impeller. Strange that i have minimal color loss on sps.

most of the equipment still not in proper connection and placing and lots of work to be done.

This tank is on vodka dosing. and side effect is i see some hair algae, may be i should reduce the dosage.

post-7977-1260766037_thumb.jpg

post-7977-1260766110_thumb.jpg

post-7977-1260766213_thumb.jpg

post-7977-1260766302_thumb.jpg

post-7977-1260766379_thumb.jpg

post-7977-1260766152_thumb.jpg

post-7977-1260766179_thumb.jpg

post-7977-1260766265_thumb.jpg

post-7977-1260766337_thumb.jpg

post-7977-1260766414_thumb.jpg

how do u maintain ur nitrate?

well. my sump tank is a mess :). it is just a regular fibre square tank, with a bubble trap and some bag of carbon. i do not have anything special in there except a calcium reactor and pumps.

for the tank, i am not sure it is low iron or not, i custom made the tank and they decide what to use. end up come back with a 12mm glass and appear to be very clear to me also. i did not ask what glass they used. the cost of the tank is onli about 200 dollar.

got a new toy from law. a 5 feet tall beckett :) gonna put in operation tonight

• SRC Member
well. my sump tank is a mess :). it is just a regular fibre square tank, with a bubble trap and some bag of carbon. i do not have anything special in there except a calcium reactor and pumps.

for the tank, i am not sure it is low iron or not, i custom made the tank and they decide what to use. end up come back with a 12mm glass and appear to be very clear to me also. i did not ask what glass they used. the cost of the tank is onli about 200 dollar.

Hope you like it Chua. was my pleasure meeting you. will drop by some day to view ur sps collections.

have fun with ur new toy. i believe that fella is able to pack a punch.

and i believe ur glass used are of low iron for the least. its so clear and didnt have a tint of green.

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• SRC Member

Not bad for that price :eyebrow:

l7304smr.jpg

Hi there can Pm me your tank maker?

• SRC Member
Hope you like it Chua. was my pleasure meeting you. will drop by some day to view ur sps collections.

have fun with ur new toy. i believe that fella is able to pack a punch.

and i believe ur glass used are of low iron for the least. its so clear and didnt have a tint of green.

ya looks like low iron , but easy to see just look tru the edge of your front panel glass to the other side, you should be able to see through it although not very clear, normal asahi glass cant see through, but nevertheless very good price for the tank

Mix Reef Tank: 5ft x 2.5ft x 2ft mixed reef

Chiller: daikin 1hp compressor

Return: Red Dragon 6.5m3

Lighting: Aqua Lumen Ocean 4ft

Skimmer: Reef Octopus RO-RPS-5000-EXT w/ Bubble Blaster

CR: RM 824 /milwakee PH controller

Tunze TS24 with 7096

Tunze Osmolator

American Pinpoint PH monitor

American Pinpoint ORP Monitor with Resun Ozone

RM sulphur denitrator

RM FR 424

RM FR 624

TLF Phosban Reactor

My old tank thread

469748_10150741487628605_529506809_o_zps36d5c396.jpg

• SRC Member

added a new toy...tunze 6105 and 7096 controller. it is much stronger but narrow flow compare to vortech. first start it blow splashes of water over my shallow tank :o, lucky that the tank is outside of the house.

set it to pulse at 50-100%, and looks like the coral are pretty happy with it. i am thinking of adding another 6105.

the MH 400w looks like is a little too bright for a shallow tank, i have one colony which bleach and will not have their polyp extended during light on. i have put on a egg crate to filter the center section like 20% less light. hopefully i get its purple tip back.

another update... got a few nice frags from cedric and all growing well, hopefully i will be able to frag so much like he did and generate some income for this expensive hobby.

pictures to come ....

added a new toy...tunze 6105 and 7096 controller. it is much stronger but narrow flow compare to vortech. first start it blow splashes of water over my shallow tank :o, lucky that the tank is outside of the house.

set it to pulse at 50-100%, and looks like the coral are pretty happy with it. i am thinking of adding another 6105.

the MH 400w looks like is a little too bright for a shallow tank, i have one colony which bleach and will not have their polyp extended during light on. i have put on a egg crate to filter the center section like 20% less light. hopefully i get its purple tip back.

another update... got a few nice frags from cedric and all growing well, hopefully i will be able to frag so much like he did and generate some income for this expensive hobby.

pictures to come ....

Thumbs up for you Bro, your sps tank is one of the more successful one :)

Glad to hear that the frags are doing well in your tank, would be very keen to see how they grow up in your tank using Vk.

Keep me posted with the pics :)

Treat others the way you wanna be treated...

any pic for the sump ?

Humble tank :

Size: 4x2.5x2 ft - Display 

Equipment :

Return 1 : Ecotech marine L1

Return 2 : Ecotech marine M1

CR : Skimz CM122 - Caribsea extra course media with Grotech magnesium

Light : ATI 8x54W

let me find a time to put up a picture of the sump. it is very simple sump, a fibre tank about the same size of the display tank with just pumps and CR, nothing else. not even a filter wool and chips/ring.

more pictures coming

any pic for the sump ?

after a months, most of the coral colored up nicely, except 2 colony bleach due to the new 400w MH. hope i will get back their color :) . Sorry i was not able to get the pink BN color correct on photo. it is super bright pink :)

dan31jmnih9yzcrskrs.jpg

qaiqpyjygveu72duugtf.jpg

v0gvugwvg9axqb4p2.jpg

3k391ie8mwsd5aupxi2.jpg

6uyfyhpxhfv2beil3iyb.jpg

all the new pictures taken with a old canon 400D with 18-55 IS kit lens. seems cannot get some color correct. I have not edit the pictures color though, it is freshly out from the camera, with some crop and fill light.

some nice frags from cedric. At last i get the striking blue yellow based monti color with good yellow base after a few try to reposition the frag :) growth pretty well too.

now on vodka 2.5ml a day. reduced dosage from 7ml to reduce the hair algae. they are disappearing pretty fast rate after the dosage reduction.

i made a silly mistake, cannot resist the temptation of powder blue, got a big specimen into my tank directly without quarantine, and now all my tangs are with bad itch...sigh... i hope they recover soon.

• SRC Member