32g tank

hmkui

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
wow lovely VENTRALIS!!!!!!!! how long have you kept them? don't mind me asking.

love your tank shot. very very nice. and very nice duncans!

hi..bro.. the ventralis has been with me for many months since the last shipment from Marine Life i think it should be around 6 mths. They are quite hardy after they have settle down... and yes.. 1 of my favourite too.. (duncans) they grow pretty well.... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Senior Reefer
hi..bro.. the ventralis has been with me for many months since the last shipment from Marine Life i think it should be around 6 mths. They are quite hardy after they have settle down... and yes.. 1 of my favourite too.. (duncans) they grow pretty well.... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

duncans are fast growers no doubt.

glad your ventralis are doing well. very sensitive fish and i believe there was alot of casualties that shipment.

• SRC Member
duncans are fast growers no doubt.

glad your ventralis are doing well. very sensitive fish and i believe there was alot of casualties that shipment.

well, it is really a sensitive fish.. probably i have success due to the fact that i dont have many aggressive fish when i add them in... and once they have settle down.. they are basically quite hardy... eat almost anything from pellets to frozen food and live bbs.. and they are not shy fishes once they settle down.. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• SRC Member
I see rics! some close up shots?

only manage to take 1 of the ric shots.. been growing well..the rest are new addition still need a bit of time for it to settle down.. once settle down.. will take some more shots... :rolleyes:

• Senior Reefer
well, it is really a sensitive fish.. probably i have success due to the fact that i dont have many aggressive fish when i add them in... and once they have settle down.. they are basically quite hardy... eat almost anything from pellets to frozen food and live bbs.. and they are not shy fishes once they settle down.. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

haha gratz on your super healthy pair of ventralis. many people dream of this and tried but failed. enjoy them!

• SRC Member
Black cap, Royal gramma and Orchid dottyback all good friends.. :eyebrow:

haha yaa... your eyes damn sharp.. i manage to put them all in at the same time... and seem to work.. and dont see much aggression between them... :eyebrow::eyebrow:

• 1 year later...
  • SRC Member

its has been quite sometime since my previous updates.. have upgraded to a 4ft x 1.5ft x 1.5ft tank and during transition suffer some casualties and those managed to go through with the transition flourish...

My tank comprises mostly zoas and lps.. there are some sps which started from frags..(frags of sps and some zoas are from Cedric and now have grown into colony hehe!!!!) the dunken coral is the longest since day 1... they are pretty hardy and really like this coral.

Fishes are mostly nano fishes.. comprises of mostly gobies...

2 green band goby, 1 red spotted goby, 2 neon goby, 1 tail spot benny, 1 court jester goby, 1 helfrichi goby, 1 blue gudgeon

as well as invertebrates

sand dollar urchin, pink cucumber, emerald crabs, anemone shrimp, arrow shrimp, clapping shrimp, squating lobster, hermit crab, sand stars... etc

the records is done by my iphone 3gs.. so apologise if the image is not very clear... btw if anyone can guide me in terms of how to edit the movies with music.. cos not very pro in IT stuff haha... it will be very much appreciated

thanks

IMG_0144.MOV

• SRC Member

:thumbsup:

but somehow your previous tank looked more colourful.

yes bro it is because present lighting do not have any blue lights... using maxspect 230W but the blue lights doesnt turn on... waiting for the supplier to rectify and also looking for alternative blue lights to enhance the look...

• SRC Member

Beautiful!! I love this current scaping!

thanks bro.. cos present tank has upgraded to 4ft so got more option to play with the scaping.. anyway.. taking my time to stock up with the right corals.. and prefer to buy frags from bro here.. cos somehow they survived much better then wild corals...

anyone can help to ID this zoas

This is Palythoa Grandis/ Cinnamon(Cinnimon) Palythoa in CoralPedia. :thumbsup:

Passion in reefing!

youtube.com/watch?v=qExn-l-t5a4

youtube.com/watch?v=z6LNPWec5zA