My Second Reef Tank!!!

reaper78

tEc' date='19 June 2010 - 03:15 PM' timestamp='1276960518' post='922449']

were u there early in the morning like before 9?

Hi Bro, no i was not. Actually i got em' to deliver to my place together with other misc items...

Tank Size: 3 x 3 x 2 with 3.5ft cabinet

• 3 weeks later...

Some Updates:

A FTS....some slime algae on the sand bed...looking at improving the flow area ........but at the same time, most of my LPS has perished ever since i installed the vortech wavemaker, perhaps flow too much?

Nevertheless....hoping to go into sps only tank...

post-15684-1278417301985_thumb.jpg

Fresh from the bag! iwarna hawaii shippment....

Mystery wrasse and the 2 fishes which i always wanted to keep but never get the chance....AT & Chevron Tang....

post-15684-12784201698448_thumb.jpg

post-15684-1278420239594_thumb.jpg

tEc' date='06 July 2010 - 12:13 PM' timestamp='1278418411' post='926559']

nice flame n lineatus u have.....nice colouring.... :welldone:

Hi Bro......Thanks for the comments.....think i stop at stocking up fishes, 22 already...hehe

Fresh from the bag! iwarna hawaii shippment....

Mystery wrasse and the 2 fishes which i always wanted to keep but never get the chance....AT & Chevron Tang....

AT is a must have fish when i upgrade in the future.wah fren u really cant stop spending ya.call u mr big spender from now on.hahaha.

2 FEET CUBE REEF DISCO(60cmx60cmx60cm)

TOTAL 286 LITERS WITH SUMP

LIGHTS:PHAROS LED 90 WATTS WITH WIRELESS CONTROLLER

RETURN PUMP:EHEIM 1260
CHILLER:HAILEA 150A + EHEIM COMPACT 1000 WITH EXT TEMP CONTROLLER
WAVEMAKER:JEBAO WP25
REACTOR:TLF PHOSBAN REACTOR 150 WITH EHEIM 600(ROWAPHOS)
SKIMMER:H&H S150 WITH AQUABEE 2000/1

MEDIA:BACTERIA KING

GLASS CLEANER:ALGAE FREE PIRANHA FLOAT WITH EASY BLADE

ATO:TUNZE NANO OSMOLATOR 3152

RO/DI PURIFIER:ZeRO EX5 - RO/DI ULTRA 200 WITH HM DIGITAL DM-1 IN-LINE DUAL TDS METER

AT is a must have fish when i upgrade in the future.wah fren u really cant stop spending ya.call u mr big spender from now on.hahaha.

Hi Bro....work very stress at JI lei...everyday work till late, no time to spend money lor...haha..so spend on fishes make me de-stress when i come back hm...

• SRC Supporter

wow bro..didnt know that you bought a AT.. Glad that you did :)

Be careful of the red slime algae cos it may spread like wild fire, did you try using zeozym ? Off the skimmer for 3 hour after dosing for best result.

thumbsup.gif

wow bro..didnt know that you bought a AT.. Glad that you did :)

Be careful of the red slime algae cos it may spread like wild fire, did you try using zeozym ? Off the skimmer for 3 hour after dosing for best result.

thumbsup.gif

Didnt use lei. but i notice that it was affected especially at the spot when there is less flow. Yap, love the AT and chevron tang. The AT seems to be the boss of the tank.....hehe

U got the blue accessor!!! me too.. :) very nice and healthy.

All your wrasses are making me envy... sigh.

The blue accessor kena some white spots lei, probably i pull out too much mircoalgae the other day, not enff plants to absorb the nutrients....

hope they can overcome...once that happens, they will be stable. Just monitor your AT and other fishes and all the best. There are reefers out there who got them tank infested by white spot and iches due to white spot from AT, hence just monitor. For your wrasse, they are greedy pig once stablised but the specimen must be health and not cyna. caught...if yes....they can be eating but die later.....since you are keeping sps, must control your feeding. For them to grow fat....mysis will be good but not very good for SPS.....how was the shipment for iwarna...wanted to go but later controlled myself.....hehe...any more mystery....wanting to get one nice purple coloured mystery wrasse also........true....this hobby is a form of destress from work but at time stressing on pocket....lol.

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

hope they can overcome...once that happens, they will be stable. Just monitor your AT and other fishes and all the best. There are reefers out there who got them tank infested by white spot and iches due to white spot from AT, hence just monitor. For your wrasse, they are greedy pig once stablised but the specimen must be health and not cyna. caught...if yes....they can be eating but die later.....since you are keeping sps, must control your feeding. For them to grow fat....mysis will be good but not very good for SPS.....how was the shipment for iwarna...wanted to go but later controlled myself.....hehe...any more mystery....wanting to get one nice purple coloured mystery wrasse also........true....this hobby is a form of destress from work but at time stressing on pocket....lol.

Yap i agreed, although i never keep AT before, i heard they are not easy to keep. The diffcult part is to get em feeding initally and yes, white spot that wipe out the entire tank. I hope i not be another 'victim'.

haha..i didnt go down to irwana, call em to deliver to my place. Btwn so far, i think victor did a great job in choosing fishes with nice colouration and healthy specimen. The rest boil down to my tank condition if the fishes can adapt to it.

Trying to control the feeding, now the only thing is that a generous amount of bacteria (using MB7 and Biodigest) to grow but that take time, probably 1 - 2 yrs....

After a long day at work, i just lie on the sofa, admire the fishes and corals makes me cool and relax......

I think they still have plenty of mystery wrasse , call victor lor!!

Yup, relax and see yr tank. Thks for the info, that mys wrasse will be the last fish, will take my time to choose a worth one. Lol. Finding excuse to add a bit more fishes. Lol. All the best and see u in lfs. : )

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

Yup, relax and see yr tank. Thks for the info, that mys wrasse will be the last fish, will take my time to choose a worth one. Lol. Finding excuse to add a bit more fishes. Lol. All the best and see u in lfs. : )

Sharks, AT & Chevron tang not eating. pecking on algae only plus some spots......