any superglue gel to recommend?

tiffanydunk

• SRC Member

Locite, 3M superglue gel is okay.

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• SRC Member

homefix should be able to solve your problem but it normally cost more. go to those hardware stores to see if you are able to get it cheaper.

its better to be dry to have easier working with it. just use a tissue paper or cloth go over it a few times.

if not its okay too.

alternatively, you can look here. contact garyjg on the glue gel.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=80515

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• SRC Member

by right, super glue GEL will do.

key ingredient is ethyl cyanoacrylate. it is still relatively safe using it.

and beside, it can be even applied to open would to seal a deep cut with it but for sure, that will hurt really bad.

• 1 month later...
  • SRC Member

is this the 3m gel as discuss? still feel quite uneasy to use a commerical product in my tank.

yes it is, dun worry its perfectly fine.. lots of reefers here all use superglue gel..

for optimum results, i use both epoxy and superglue gel to fix frags.. they work better and stronger..

btw i prefer locite brand, its blue in colour..

yes it is, dun worry its perfectly fine.. lots of reefers here all use superglue gel..

for optimum results, i use both epoxy and superglue gel to fix frags.. they work better and stronger..

btw i prefer locite brand, its blue in colour..

thank for the assurance.

• 1 month later...

hi guys, any superglue gel thats suitable for sticking corals with LRs? doesnt wish to use epoxy.

I recommend "Loctite Non drip formula".. Thanks for AhLee recommendation.. being using so many brand of super glue... this is the best and strongest holding power so far..

Cheers..

post-9248-12732999487215_thumb.jpg

30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif
BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

I recommend "Loctite Non drip formula".. Thanks for AhLee recommendation.. being using so many brand of super glue... this is the best and strongest holding power so far..

Cheers..

See to believe... It not only able to holding polyps on frags.. I am using it to hold coral with rock on slope...

Cheers..

post-9248-12733004769662_thumb.jpg

BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

• SRC Member

CFOh, where did you get the loctite? we tried the distributor last time but also don't have haha..

i got my locite from giant. or you can get the big tube 20g from RD. can last me very long, but remember to use tape to go over the "head" when you done with it. or else will harden.

• SRC Member

is this the 3m gel as discuss? still feel quite uneasy to use a commerical product in my tank.

Agreed... If can,try to avoid using them. If die die need put n hold your coral on LR. Try findin loop holes or concave part on LR to place coral in it for better secure.

E.g Put tube worm in holes that found on LR.

Some1 doesn't 1 2 do anything find an excuse,some1 1 2 do something find a mean!

i got my locite from giant. or you can get the big tube 20g from RD. can last me very long, but remember to use tape to go over the "head" when you done with it. or else will harden.

Dun worry.. store them in refrigerator after used.. I never have problem before.. this can apply to any brand of Glue..

Ketchup, Ya, you can get from Giant or any HomeFix store.I bulk order myself less than 2 purple note... I confirm CauseWay Point HomeFix and AnchorPoint HomeFix got stock.. I regular there.. Cheers :)

BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

• SRC Member

Dun worry.. store them in refrigerator after used.. I never have problem before.. this can apply to any brand of Glue..

Ketchup, Ya, you can get from Giant or any HomeFix store.I bulk order myself less than 2 purple note... I confirm CauseWay Point HomeFix and AnchorPoint HomeFix got stock.. I regular there.. Cheers :)

hi CF,

theres once i didnt tape it, and the top got hardened, need to use screw driver to poke thru. so i tape it first before putting it into my fridge. maybe i should try again without taping to see if its really the cause for my case.

thanks for the heads up.

hi CF,

theres once i didnt tape it, and the top got hardened, need to use screw driver to poke thru. so i tape it first before putting it into my fridge. maybe i should try again without taping to see if its really the cause for my case.

thanks for the heads up.

oh.. ic.. yap.. normally, I clean the nozzle b4 cap on.. to prevent excess glue oxidation.. Lets see what is the outcome.. Cheers :)

BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore