New Ideas of my tank.

ReDDeviLs

• SRC Supporter

hi,i was thinking to make 1 section of my tank to a clownfish tank...where by i block part of the tank and make it into a 1ftx2ftx2ft clownfish tank..

below is the 2d picture atteched.. pls give me some comments thx.

sorry for the poor drawing.. used paint.exe :P

post-34-1071570157.jpg

[ ]

[ ]

Reef Reefing Reefed

You are going to have a headache trying to keep the partition wall clean of algae. :)

Interesting concept though. Maybe I can put a partition across my tank so I have a full fledged reef tank behind and I can keep a trigger or some angels in front! :)

• SRC Supporter

my tank can be viewed from 4sides...

i came up this idea bcos i like clownfishes alot,and having another tank is a headache.. so i came up with this idea.

sinner: can u email me at devilsbar@hotmail.com? thx

[ ]

[ ]

Reef Reefing Reefed

• SRC Supporter
You are going to have a headache trying to keep the partition wall clean of algae. :)

Interesting concept though. Maybe I can put a partition across my tank so I have a full fledged reef tank behind and I can keep a trigger or some angels in front! :)

the partition wall is like egg crates..full of holes.. so i assume no much problem,and smal fishes like my doctor wrasses can be able to swim in and out of it..but clownfishes and tangs cant move abt freely. :)

[ ]

[ ]

Reef Reefing Reefed

• SRC Member

Egg crates is a nightmare to clean. All those holes... You may be better off with a piece of glass, easier to wipe/scrape off the algae. If you are thinking of acrylic, you have to take note that they warp when wet.

But you may have to limit your number of clowns in the partition, as there are less space for them. If too many in a small space, they may fight.

• SRC Member

Crazy idea here ... but since you're going to place 2 Clownfish and to seperate it is coz? er.. afraid to be attacked by other fish i suppose?

Well instead of placing a partiction which i think look unnatural in your tank. have you ever thought of natural partition using rock's landscape and such?

This is just a flash idea across my mind, no concrete plan as to if it can be done. Would be much more beautiful then.