Zoas and Rics Sharing Club

teebs

• SRC Member

Where do we post updates to the gallery? here?

Anyway, to get the ball rolling, I just posted a small frag of red monti. :)

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I still start a new thread later after the technical issues are solved.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

Hey guys.

When you click on the individual section, zoas/rics/SPS/exhchanged, there is a "subscribe" button on the TOP,

There is a "subscribe" button at the top.

You will need to subscribe for the 4 various sections to receive new post notification on your email.

This way, we do not need to create another thread for this purpose. Will this work for you guys?

Jacky

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

Sorry, pls ignore earlier post.

To subscribe to the entire SRC FxC Gallery, just click "subscribe" after you have entered the FxC Gallery Album.

See pics.

You will then get email notification on new pics uploaded for all catergories.

If you are selective about the categories, then click the "subscribe" button that is within that category itself.

Hey guys, I am still having issues with my account.

Will take a break till Larry resolve my viewing problem.

Kinda exasperating when the "view new post" function does not work.

Meanwhile I will work on the contact list.

Happy Reefing!

cheers

Jacky

• SRC Member
so nice the corals... made me drool......lol

Peter has explored importing in corals before but I think due to licensing and some other issues like DOAs, I think he decided not to.

Maybe let Peter touch on this after he is back from reservist.

More on DOA incidents, Recently Iwarna brought in some US zoas and all melted. So I am not sure if we want to be so ambitious and start something like that.

For rics, I know Reborn has some shipment coming in this Friday and our dear TC king Peter also bring dozens in soon in probably April.

So my personal opinion is to go for these instead rather than bring in on our own.

what do you think?

Hello...I'm not the TC KING lah... :eyebrow::whistle You are the TC King... :upsidedown:

Anyway, it's very troublesome to bring in corals by yourself. In Singapore, applying for the import permit and cites permit is not that difficult but the most troublesome part is DOA. For rics, DOA can range from 1% to 99% and basically most of the online suppliers will not take responsibility for DOA meaning if you get 50% DOA, you are screwed. Secondly, because they are online suppliers, you really do not know what quality of rics they will send to you. Sure, you can order based on type as seen on the ricordeausa website but if they send you all green rics, what can you do?

Well, if anyone wants to try bringing in rics or other corals yourself, you are welcome to try but I would still prefer to get the corals from our LFSes.

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

Hi Macro

sorry I missed out your post.

yeah PM me your mobile pls.

I will include yours and Steven's and Mit's once Larry sorted out my account.

I have bugging him with too many things lately...Paiseh.....

So bear with me a little.

Jacky

dun think there's any at the moment or even in the long run...

been thinking about it... should we leave the members numbers open or cap at a number?

how big should the grp be ? in general the more the better cause we will have more frags to trade.

but when shipment comes in, it will be very difficult to co-ordinate.

Imagine liasing with 30 people via SMS. The rics co-ordination among 5 persons were already very tedious.

thoughts? I need input on this please.

• SRC Supporter
been thinking about it... should we leave the members numbers open or cap at a number?

how big should the grp be ? in general the more the better cause we will have more frags to trade.

Imagine liasing with 30 people via SMS. The rics co-ordination among 5 persons were already very tedious.

hmm, why not we all add one another's MSN Messenger account, and can coordinate thru msn too. Can also do group chat via msn...

Just check the thread for Jacky's number and sms him your mobile number;

tell him that you want to join too.

Cheers!

dun think there's any at the moment or even in the long run...

Hi Macro

sorry I missed out your post.

yeah PM me your mobile pls.

I will include yours and Steven's and Mit's once Larry sorted out my account.

I have bugging him with too many things lately...Paiseh.....

So bear with me a little.

Jacky

Done. Thanks :)

Regards,

Macrobutt

• SRC Member

IMO, we should keep the group at a manageable size for the time being. This is just a start, where everyone gets excited and all, but we do not know how it'll work out as time passes. Let things settle down for awhile before we decide to grow the group. Meanwhile, we should set some limits or rules to safeguard the group's interest (ie. people who request for bulk orders but no show at the end, etc). Its a blessing that we have some really nice reefers in our group that are willing to go the extra mile, and I would hate to see them getting taken advantage of. I'm not saying that it has happened or will happen, but its good that in the event it does happen, we know how to deal with it. What do you guys think?

Jacky, really appreciate all the effort in organizing and making things happen. :bow:

• SRC Member
IMO, we should keep the group at a manageable size for the time being. This is just a start, where everyone gets excited and all, but we do not know how it'll work out as time passes. Let things settle down for awhile before we decide to grow the group. Meanwhile, we should set some limits or rules to safeguard the group's interest (ie. people who request for bulk orders but no show at the end, etc). Its a blessing that we have some really nice reefers in our group that are willing to go the extra mile, and I would hate to see them getting taken advantage of. I'm not saying that it has happened or will happen, but its good that in the event it does happen, we know how to deal with it. What do you guys think?

Jacky, really appreciate all the effort in organizing and making things happen. :bow:

I think for bulk orders should KIV for the time being. Just concentrate on sharing of frags, trading of frags etc.

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

• SRC Supporter
Hey guys, I am still having issues with my account.

Will take a break till Larry resolve my viewing problem.

Kinda exasperating when the "view new post" function does not work.

Meanwhile I will work on the contact list.

Happy Reefing!

cheers

Jacky

Hi Guys,

Sorry i have to tempory take off the "Badge" as i think that is the cause of the error some of the members is facing..Please bare with it while i check with the IPB technical... You may have the badge under your "signature" instead for noe, and could customize any way you like :)

Please continue to use our existing Swop shop section" http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showforum=15 " to announce of your new frag for exchange ect..

Happy reefing.. :)

• SRC Member

wahahahaha ok for me i just pick and go lol , yours was the headache 1

Mix Reef Tank: 5ft x 2.5ft x 2ft mixed reef

Chiller: daikin 1hp compressor

Return: Red Dragon 6.5m3

Lighting: Aqua Lumen Ocean 4ft

Skimmer: Reef Octopus RO-RPS-5000-EXT w/ Bubble Blaster

CR: RM 824 /milwakee PH controller

Tunze TS24 with 7096

Tunze Osmolator

American Pinpoint PH monitor

American Pinpoint ORP Monitor with Resun Ozone

RM sulphur denitrator

RM FR 424

RM FR 624

TLF Phosban Reactor

My old tank thread

469748_10150741487628605_529506809_o_zps36d5c396.jpg

• SRC Member

just read through the whole thread.. i must say this is quite an interesting idea.

here's my challenge for the club members.. see if you can limit your frags for trade to corals that you have propagated yourself. since rics n zoas grow really well under the right conditions, I think this is definitely possible and would help the sustainability of our beloved hobby.

also since its called the frags exchange club, limit it to just frags exchange and remove the bulk purchasing idea. as you mentioned, as the group grows it'll be impossible to coordinate bulk purchasing.

would love to join the club but am currently too busy with work so won't be able to contribute much.. but when i'm 'back', will definitely apply for membership. hehe good luck!

just read through the whole thread.. i must say this is quite an interesting idea.

here's my challenge for the club members.. see if you can limit your frags for trade to corals that you have propagated yourself. since rics n zoas grow really well under the right conditions, I think this is definitely possible and would help the sustainability of our beloved hobby.

also since its called the frags exchange club, limit it to just frags exchange and remove the bulk purchasing idea. as you mentioned, as the group grows it'll be impossible to coordinate bulk purchasing.

would love to join the club but am currently too busy with work so won't be able to contribute much.. but when i'm 'back', will definitely apply for membership. hehe good luck!

hahahaha,

you cannot contribute much? already did bro! You have quite some insane rics in your tank! grow them well and hopefully 1 year time I can trade my blue ones for your orange ones hoho :D

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

Agree to the above.

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

• SRC Member

Bro, lai lai! :eyebrow: