• interruptus
    • debelius
    • eibli
    • fisheri
    • flavicauda
    • multicolour
    • potter
    • heraldi

you want wrought iron? reborn might bring in for you. dont have DOA for the klayi.

Almost all our LFSs can bring in Japan shipment. But the thing is no demand. They cant possibly ship in only one wrought iron and one of each of other few fishes. Note v worthwhile to ship in, too expensive. Furthermore i'm in the middle of trying to decom and downsize, so big fishes are currently out of my interest list.

I had contact for wild caught interruptus at about $600+. Problem being wild interruptus requires cooler water and do not adapt readily to our tank tropical temperature. Actually Japan has plenty of special fishes. I want the true bodianus masudai

U kidding? S$600+ is a steal, i dun mind taking a gamble and try one if it can be gotten at tat price. Pls pm me the details can?

Agree Japan got many interesting species, but most need cool water. The true B.Masudai is unobtainable, even for the japanese is a v rare fish to get. My personal wish list contains those cheaper Japan butterflies like R.Modestus and C.Nippon.

Almost all our LFSs can bring in Japan shipment. But the thing is no demand. They cant possibly ship in only one wrought iron and one of each of other few fishes. Note v worthwhile to ship in, too expensive. Furthermore i'm in the middle of trying to decom and downsize, so big fishes are currently out of my interest list.

U kidding? S$600+ is a steal, i dun mind taking a gamble and try one if it can be gotten at tat price. Pls pm me the details can?

Agree Japan got many interesting species, but most need cool water. The true B.Masudai is unobtainable, even for the japanese is a v rare fish to get. My personal wish list contains those cheaper Japan butterflies like R.Modestus and C.Nippon.

Modestus is cheap meh? I thought quite rare?

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

lol happy birthday terryz. birthday present wan wat? modestus?

its today? Happy Birthday Terryz!

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

my vote goes to golden, really love their look

i have midnight, similiar look, different colour

Oh ya i forgot about golden angel, one of my favourite fish in the past. My last healthy small specimen is such a joy to watch. He's crytic but yet inquisitive, one of the most interesting and beautiful pgymy.

i want C. SANGUINEUS! so rare even in its own habitiat :(

U can dream!!

Modestus is cheap meh? I thought quite rare?

It's not overly rare, just a bit unpopular. On liveaquaria costs less than USD300. On the jap websites they cost less than S$100 converted. It's relatively cheap compared to other popular butterflies like tinker, mitratus etc.

Dun confuse it with the exceedingly rare R.Excelsa.

Oh ya i forgot about golden angel, one of my favourite fish in the past. My last healthy small specimen is such a joy to watch. He's crytic but yet inquisitive, one of the most interesting and beautiful pgymy.

U can dream!!

It's not overly rare, just a bit unpopular. On liveaquaria costs less than USD300. On the jap websites they cost less than S$100 converted. It's relatively cheap compared to other popular butterflies like tinker, mitratus etc.

Dun confuse it with the exceedingly rare R.Excelsa.

Hmmm, So it is just rarely collected.. Not rare in a sense... But it is a deepwater too... I guess that explain why it is not collect so often?

Roa species butterfly, we can just dream...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • SRC Member

I like Paracentropyge boylei...

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

I like Paracentropyge boylei...

Wa this thread is resurrected!

Who will not like P.boylei, however collection is v difficult and dangerous. There was a collection talked about earlier this year after an european reefer ordered two, but until now the collection is still in the planning, that's how difficult it is. To dive down to 400ft, to be able to bring the delicate fish back to the surface alive, to be able to find enough buyers to justify the costs of the trip etc are some of the major worries. Furthermore the reefer who ordered the P.Boylei has just suffered a massive loss of fishes in his main tank due to disease outbreak. He lost two clarions, goldflakes, black tangs, bluelines and many many others. So not sure if he'll still be as keen on his order as before.

P.Boylei is a 15k fish, v expensive but not the most expensive for an angelfish. Difficult to keep alive, need a dedicated setup and low temp of 20 degree and below. Not a fish tat i would try in our tropical climate even if i hav the money. So it's better off admiring the pics on the net.

We are only able to get it's cheaper cousin, the multibar angelfish. P.Boylei we can only dream.

p-66544-Banded-Multifascia.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • SRC Member

Wa this thread is resurrected!

Who will not like P.boylei, however collection is v difficult and dangerous. There was a collection talked about earlier this year after an european reefer ordered two, but until now the collection is still in the planning, that's how difficult it is. To dive down to 400ft, to be able to bring the delicate fish back to the surface alive, to be able to find enough buyers to justify the costs of the trip etc are some of the major worries. Furthermore the reefer who ordered the P.Boylei has just suffered a massive loss of fishes in his main tank due to disease outbreak. He lost two clarions, goldflakes, black tangs, bluelines and many many others. So not sure if he'll still be as keen on his order as before.

P.Boylei is a 15k fish, v expensive but not the most expensive for an angelfish. Difficult to keep alive, need a dedicated setup and low temp of 20 degree and below. Not a fish tat i would try in our tropical climate even if i hav the money. So it's better off admiring the pics on the net.

We are only able to get it's cheaper cousin, the multibar angelfish. P.Boylei we can only dream.

p-66544-Banded-Multifascia.jpg

Even photographs of C. Boylei are so rare! The Multibars are also great fishes but not easy to get a healthy feeding specimen.

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

• Senior Reefer

that's a bad photo of P. boylei!!

this one.

this is a live one in japan.

P. boylei has been sent to japan a few times already but many of them died. there is one living specimen now that lives in a dim tank with only cleaner shrimps to replicate deep water setting. it's alive for many years now. unfortunately it injured it dorsal fin recently.

perhaps the most famous pic is richard pyle's pair of boylei which he kept after collecting it in the cook islands. but they died eventually.

too difficult.

post-15755-0-33556400-1296144849_thumb.j