Binosage's Nano 2.0

albinosage

Lol.. his brother turned yellow liao!

your tank is a yellow converter......

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Member

lol thanks! I think the tank is quite full liao with the current scaping. Have a bit of space on the right side of the tank and thats it. Have been resisting the temptation to rescape, will let the new corals settle down first before doing a major rescape.

Siang, the blasto did not grow out of nowhere la, my tank not so :superman:. I bought that from another reefer last weekend, it was a small frag of zoas that grew onto his blasto skeleton lol.

Anyone knows what the brown polyp sps is? monti digitata?

big and yummy looking blastos!

Yah man they all grew to at least 2 inches in diameter! Feel like eating them too. :lol:

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

deleted

oops posted on the wrong thread.... :P paiseh....

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• Senior Reefer

Nice! i see all my little babies in your tank doing very well!

i'm sorry but as a MOD of SRC, i will have to abuse my powers and demand SPS frags from you in the future.

*just kidding :D*

• SRC Member

nice tank ...

Your tank is looking amazing, bro! Great job!

Thanks for the compliments! Not very happy with the tank at the moment, but will take things slowly so as to not get burnt out and lose interest lol :ThanxSmiley:

i'm sorry but as a MOD of SRC, i will have to abuse my powers and demand SPS frags from you in the future.

Wah don't give you frags will I get banned? :pirate: Hahaha. I also dunno if I can sustain large colonies of SPS in my tank or not, everything is still experimental at this stage, learning as I go along. If they do grow, you'll be top of the list! :D

Awesome tank bro!

Seems like the "24G club" has several good tanks here!

We'll go chiong lfs once my kid feels better k. Btw, u east end boi too?

No problem bro, you got my number now! Sorry I forgot to reply your PM lol, been really busy, sometimes forget little tasks like that. Office is in the East, near your home. Home for me is damn far away though haha.

My 1.5ft nano cube

-- Jack Handey

• SRC Member

heya dude, no worries, was out driving anyway, so might as well. Hope ya gf likes the crab too haha and morph away from black face zoa :lol::cheers: very colourful tank too!! :score:

" The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out; the brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough. They are there to stop the other people! "

Randy Pausch, (The Last Lecture)

• SRC Member

LOL! Thanks again Milch, the first thing she asked is 'can eat one or not' :D

For those who don't know, the inside joke is that my gf was in a bad mood that day. Told Milch that I was gonna return home to black face zoa. :upsidedown:

My 1.5ft nano cube

-- Jack Handey

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Big update (cos 1 week without posting is considered "very long never see you post" according to somebody hur hur hur... :paiseh: ):

Did a rescape yesterday finally, after 6 weeks of planning. Each step was sequenced and timed with military precision, because not only would I be epoxying the rocks, I would also be sieving the sand bed to remove the large pebbles from the Carribean live black sand (some as large as grapes!).

Here's how it would have gone, as planned in my head:

1. Mix 1 box of epoxy for 20 minutes, with secret kung fu technique as taught by Henry from ML. Confirmed to be hard as nails when cured.

2. Within the next hour, drain out 90% of display tank, put all sensitive corals in the sump and leave the chiller looping. All rocks out.

3. With a large netting sheet, bring it to the bottom of the tank and start sieving the sand, stirring it up a little to clean it of detritus at the same time.

4. Drain out remaining 10% of tank water. Muddy water is removed to the last drop, with a large syringe, so as to minimise any ammonia spike.

5. Within the next hour, epoxy the rocks.

6. Replace original water (90%) + 10% new salt mix in to the tank.

7. Introduce livestock back in to the tank.

8. After running the water for another hour, replace the filter sock to remove the detritus collected. 20% water change with new salt mix, and dose bacteria.

The whole thing would have been over in 4 hours, and with the pre mixed epoxy and careful draining of muddy water, the water won't turn cloudy! :yahoo:

As expected, murphy's law took effect. I hit an obstacle at step 5.

post-15730-12758822634413_thumb.jpg

The epoxy turned rock solid after 1.5 hours!!! :chair: ^*(^#^#%$#%^@

That was my only box of epoxy and they have all been pre separated into the amount needed to epoxy each rock joint... well, at least I know for sure that the technique works now. The epoxy when cured is as hard as golf balls, and can even bounce off the ground without cracking lol.

And I have finally removed about 1kg of pebbles from my live sand, the sand bed is super clean now.

post-15730-12758825690284_thumb.jpg post-15730-12758825819629_thumb.jpg

My 1.5ft nano cube

-- Jack Handey

• SRC Member

New fishes:

1 inch naked clown, which kinda paired up with the existing black clown. They have even started to sleep together in the anemone :D

post-15730-12758826464106_thumb.jpg post-15730-12758826496476_thumb.jpg

Splendid leopard wrasse.

post-15730-12758827535915_thumb.jpg post-15730-12758827578733_thumb.jpg

My 1.5ft nano cube

-- Jack Handey

• SRC Member

Aussie zoas:

post-15730-12758828737439_thumb.jpg post-15730-12758828788173_thumb.jpg

Eagle eye frag from Siang:

post-15730-12758828997171_thumb.jpg

Purple hornet:

post-15730-12758829786876_thumb.jpg

Sunflower zoas:

post-15730-12758829966165_thumb.jpg

Metallic pink paly:

post-15730-12758829825477_thumb.jpg

RBTA:

post-15730-12758829856341_thumb.jpg

Hermit crab from Lemon:

post-15730-12758829254229_thumb.jpg

Rics and Yuma:

post-15730-12758829915212_thumb.jpg

Super suns:

post-15730-12758830035462_thumb.jpg

Clam:

post-15730-12758842622267_thumb.jpg

My 1.5ft nano cube

-- Jack Handey

• SRC Member

FTS as of 6 June 2010:

post-15730-12758832379236_thumb.jpg post-15730-12758832352832_thumb.jpg

I managed to stack them without epoxy for now, and still managed to get the kind of scape I was going for. Will be back with a vengeance (and a box of epoxy) next week to fix the top a little bit, so I can place the SPS properly.

Top down pic of my little zoa garden:

post-15730-12758832226507_thumb.jpg

My 1.5ft nano cube

-- Jack Handey

• SRC Member

omg tt naked clown looks...

naked!! hahaaa

v. cute fishes! Hmmm so I guess you didn't manage to epoxy your rocks but everything else worke perfectly?

Yah the naked clown is actually smaller than an inch, closer to 2cm, damn cute. Ray help me choose one hahaha.

My original idea for the scape was to have the large flat rock above as an overhang, but push it to the back a little. So my sand bed is not shaded at the front, and I can have lower "levels" of rocks below to place corals and still get light. (my old scape was bright at the top, and shaded below, making it hard to take pics of.

By a stroke of luck, the rocks I had fit together perfectly, and is quite stable. The "top floor" for the SPS is not ready yet, I just placed it on the large rock for now, that one will need epoxy.

nice zoas!!!!

Thanks bro, but then I think you have more gems on yoru frag station than I do in my entire tank leh. :paiseh:

My 1.5ft nano cube

-- Jack Handey

wah Wah WAh WAH!!!!

Thanks for accomodating to my special "request". For you, nothing short of a weekly will suffice.

I like the zoas. But true enuff, ur partner also has loads of gems. I'm going to raid his tank soon! Been waiting for him to pass me some good stuff.

How "partner", those I passed to you opening up nicely??

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open.