My cheato nano tank

curahee

Quit reefing as my tank crash, decided to go for something simple, scaping my nano tank with macro algae. This is the latest scape....

IMG_2245.jpg

IMG_2257.jpg

Below are the various scapes i try out last time...

Cheatos overwhelming growth mute all my rock scape

IMG_2178.jpg

My first scaping with caulerpa, however i decided to remove them n try cheatos as i worry abt the asexual issue

IMG_1911_1.jpg

Tank spec...

45 cm cube

150 watt 10k MH, 12 hrs a day

1.022 salinity

MCE 600 skimmer

WC once a week, 20%

• SRC Member
:bow: nice concept

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• SRC Member

IMG_2257.jpg

Talk about "Lost in the woods" concept! I love it!

Bro your MH turned on 12hrs?

btw whats your opinion on your MCE600? How do you find its performance?

bro, MCE600 is one of the all time favourite HOB skimmer. If you are considering it, 'mai tu liao'!

Bro... sad to hear that your previous setup crashed... but don't give up! With the equipment that you have, its still very good for a reef tank. Is it the vodka dosing...?

No not from vodka, electricity cut off maybe due to the thunder storm. When im home all my fish n coral die. My house very easily kena electricity cut off when there is heavy thunder, i dunno why... When got ppl at home still ok coz someone can go to the main switch to switch on the electricity again, but that time very sway, nobody at home...

• SRC Member

bro curahee, dun give up on this hobby! :) btw do u happen to stay woodlands.. my house here also kenna blackout v often.. :angry2:

• 1 month later...
  • SRC Member

Ha ha ! a marine planted tank. would be nice to be able to see slightly more rocks, as the chaeto is like moss and the rocks slightly higher or taller. A good concept, the chaeto will acts as nutrient export and the lights helps in the growing of the chaeto!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Quit reefing as my tank crash, decided to go for something simple, scaping my nano tank with macro algae. This is the latest scape....

IMG_2245.jpg

IMG_2257.jpg

Below are the various scapes i try out last time...

Cheatos overwhelming growth mute all my rock scape

IMG_2178.jpg

My first scaping with caulerpa, however i decided to remove them n try cheatos as i worry abt the asexual issue

IMG_1911_1.jpg

Tank spec...

45 cm cube

150 watt 10k MH, 12 hrs a day

1.022 salinity

MCE 600 skimmer

WC once a week, 20%

what macro algae is this bro? very wild! :thumbsup: