bi-colour angel

sinner

IMO no angekl is reef safe. Angel are prone to nipping brains and large polyp stony coral thus the botaking of jewel might be the cause of it. :lol::lol::lol: But there are many factor that affect you coral too, do you mind stating your water parameter and such.

• SRC Member

Do you see the angel bite the jewel?

IMO, your jewel botak isn't cause by the bicolor, it maybe the jewel already infected by some disease. Do you see some white substances at the side of the jewel where it's receding? If yes, then the culprit isn't the bicolor.

Tank 4x2x2.5

• SRC Member

The only angel i would even consider putting into a reef tank would be flame angel. bi colour definitely no. have seen some ppl giving away bi colours in the past because of this exact problem.

but then if u didnt know angels would eat your corals. u probably also wouldnt know the complicated care of a jewel coral.

Always wanted to keep a flame angel, but hestitated because it's belongs to angel family.

Are you sure flame angel is the exceptional one that's reef safe?

No as mentioned no angel is safe in a reef.. Flame are also prone to nipping brain and other lps coral

• SRC Member

i had a bi colour once and had a brain and had a jewel <_< ... jewel died and i suppose it was because it does not survive long in our tanks, brain was fine but ended up giving the bi colour away cause it was getting too big.. B)

IMHO, depends on the fish... not every1 with a tattoo is a gangster! :angel:

The world is such a wicked place,war btween the human race. People work to earn their bread,while across the sea they're counting dead

• SRC Member
bwilly Posted on Dec 20 2003, 12:12 AM

angels eats n nip corals..

never reef safe even for flame..

unless yrs is an exceptional carnivore...

:whistle:eyebrow:

The world is such a wicked place,war btween the human race. People work to earn their bread,while across the sea they're counting dead

• SRC Member

my bi color dont nip corals, juz my anemone and killed all the other fishes, including pbt, bt, flame angel, etc. last nite it went after my newly bought fire gobies so i spend the next hour catching it out of my tank! finally found the culprit. thought it was my water or some other reason for my fishes disappearing.

• SRC Member

I have both a flame and bi-colour in my tank. In my experience, they have a habbit of just nipping at any and everything. So, in order to stop them from nipping, I decided to keep them well fed. This method has managed to control their nipping habits, however, my angels are a little overweight! :rolleyes:

Comments are welcome!

• SRC Member

my flame usually takes a good look at my open brain but does not nip at it...

akumanohi, angels are definately not reefsafe... it's proven but the thing is that the flame angel is not as bad as other angels cause it rarely nips at corals... maybe just a certain characteristic that it posses... ;)