Where to buy nice tank + cabinet

Hello!

i just got poisoned to convert my planted to Marine, but i'm told i can't use my current setup (canister and no overflow). Therefore i'm looking to buang this whole setup and buy a proper 3ft tank with cabinet, hood, sump, etc... (not sure what i need though)

So, where or who is good to look for when getting a new setup? is crystal glass for the front expensive? hee hee, looks very nice!

thanks in advance! ;)

• SRC Member

Hello!

i just got poisoned to convert my planted to Marine, but i'm told i can't use my current setup (canister and no overflow). Therefore i'm looking to buang this whole setup and buy a proper 3ft tank with cabinet, hood, sump, etc... (not sure what i need though)

So, where or who is good to look for when getting a new setup? is crystal glass for the front expensive? hee hee, looks very nice!

thanks in advance! ;)

First of all, what is the size of your current tank? There reefers here who have sumpless 322 tanks and running with cannistor filters.

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

• SRC Member

Hello!

thanks in advance! ;)

not say without sump cant work, but things will be alot better if u have a sump. more choices of skimmer n stuff...u might wan to state down ur budget for this whole tank set up.... range for the tank set varies alot. a basic 3ft can be ard 1k tank, cabinet, sump, hood and piping but it can go over to 2k also.... crystal glass should not be expensive for 3ft but again it depends on the thickness.. 12mm is more costly than 10mm....

look at the buy sell section, quite a number of 322 tanks. However, if you prefer new, then either you go to the sponsor column to ask quote or if you are DIY person, can provide dimension, etc to glass company to get them to do, one reputable one is the shop next to Golden Octupus. All the best.

tEc' date='27 April 2010 - 05:22 PM' timestamp='1272360167' post='903764']

not say without sump cant work, but things will be alot better if u have a sump. more choices of skimmer n stuff...u might wan to state down ur budget for this whole tank set up.... range for the tank set varies alot. a basic 3ft can be ard 1k tank, cabinet, sump, hood and piping but it can go over to 2k also.... crystal glass should not be expensive for 3ft but again it depends on the thickness.. 12mm is more costly than 10mm....

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

• SRC Member

look at the buy sell section, quite a number of 322 tanks. However, if you prefer new, then either you go to the sponsor column to ask quote or if you are DIY person, can provide dimension, etc to glass company to get them to do, one reputable one is the shop next to Golden Octupus. All the best.

lol, u r replyin to the TS i guess....i have a tank at hm already. no need to go look ard liao

Still got some. . Lol, someone selling less than 1 yr old 3ft cube. . Haven post. . Think got some bros posted also. Hehe.

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Algae Scrubbler

Hi guys,

i would prefer to have a totally new setup... i really like those at AM with the damper system for the hood... of course i'll not be looking at such size, only a 3x2x2... well i'm looking at spending about 2k for a really basic setup... for a start LR and fishes and maybe afew easy corals? we will talk about equipments later, but for now i need to find a tank maker and a cabinet... :)

tank 3x2x2(26inch) front 3 pc crystal, and a cabinet plus hood = $2000 can?

thanks for all your replies!

Get quote from the sponsors here and search ard in past threads and other forums.

Algae Scrubbler

• SRC Member

sorry... by sponsors, you mean like AM, FNM etc?

You can try calling Reborn.

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

Hello!

thanks in advance! ;)

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Ups for more poison!!

Phangster, you might like to check out alternative setups if you are looking for something outstanding.. Something like those jap planted tanks where they fill all the way to the top. Saw this in thailand. damm nice, but i think higher evaporation.

img2374k.jpg

More poison for you... Haha.

010-Marine-Tank-3rd.jpg

010-Marine-Tank-1st.jpg

• SRC Member

Hi guys,

i would prefer to have a totally new setup... i really like those at AM with the damper system for the hood... of course i'll not be looking at such size, only a 3x2x2... well i'm looking at spending about 2k for a really basic setup... for a start LR and fishes and maybe afew easy corals? we will talk about equipments later, but for now i need to find a tank maker and a cabinet... :)

the reason why i asked abt ur budget is becos, buying a tank is easy n cheap. however, very often, ppl failed to look into details like return pumps, skimmer, chiller and lighting. 2k is enuff to get u the tank and cabinet but if u toking abt equipments, then u may have to fork out another 2k, depending on what kind of equipments. for a start, i will advise u to get a used tank with used equipments. that will realli save u alot of money for u to get livestocks. some used tanks n equipments r in very good condition if u r patient enuff to wait... of cos, if u have the money, by all means, get new set up.

• SRC Member

wah lau i got poison by the pic liao.

2k for cabinet + hood + tank with 3 side crystal possible. however for the rest of the equipment.

skimmer. try to look at the pasar malam, there are few reefer selling hns or deltec get those good enuff for u. unless u like to try new skimmer u can try reef oct cone xp2000.

return pump. a 2nd hand ehiem 1262 looking at 120 to 140 dollars. then lights.. well maybe u can try those led if u are going for sps.. or wait for reefer decomm and get their lights at a steal but be prepared to pay 300-600 for a decent 3ft lights then wavemakers.

this cost can easily add up to another 2k

I am just an average FR (fish reefing) writer. If you like my FRs, please upz my points.

Ups for more poison!!

Phangster, you might like to check out alternative setups if you are looking for something outstanding.. Something like those jap planted tanks where they fill all the way to the top. Saw this in thailand. damm nice, but i think higher evaporation.

the poison is so wonderful.

Hi guys,

Actully I also to know whether it is can or not. I asked one sponsor, it seems that it need SDG2700, please PM me if you can find the cost is less $2000, thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Ups for more poison!!

img2374k.jpg

010-Marine-Tank-3rd.jpg

010-Marine-Tank-1st.jpg

absolutely good stuff!

absolutely good stuff!

with water fill to the top - it acts as overflow right. I believe around the tank got holes that allows water to flow into sump, and then the usual backend hardware. am i right? tis means lights must be hung from wall liao.

wa...very nice setup - wonder if CFO aka MHA, aka MoF, will allow ??? is she reading this?

• Sponsor

with water fill to the top - it acts as overflow right. I believe around the tank got holes that allows water to flow into sump, and then the usual backend hardware. am i right? tis means lights must be hung from wall liao.

wa...very nice setup - wonder if CFO aka MHA, aka MoF, will allow ??? is she reading this?

i can do a 3x2x2 braceless tank...with full system + FIP piping and cabinet at below 2k....

of course with crystal clear glass will be more expensive.

Let me know ya....cheers

• SRC Member

wow, nice "water-fall" tank, wonder about the cleaning of glass part, haha..

" The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out; the brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough. They are there to stop the other people! "

Randy Pausch, (The Last Lecture)

• 3 weeks later...

i can do a 3x2x2 braceless tank...with full system + FIP piping and cabinet at below 2k....

of course with crystal clear glass will be more expensive.

Let me know ya....cheers

hi im looking for a 2x1.5x1.5 cabinet . can u do that? how much would it cost?