Lemon's butterflyfish dominated reef

yikai

• SRC Member

bet you are feeling exciting exciting. im feeling excited for you as well.

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• Senior Reefer

bet you are feeling exciting exciting. im feeling excited for you as well.

yep! haha. dam excited thanks!

Swimming Pool.. Cant wait for mine!!!!

woot!! go go go do leak test! lucky mine not leaking. will just let it run. need to put some filter wool etc at overflow. noisy like mad.

Nice piping work done ..groupwavereversed.gif

thanks!! it is indeed very nice

• Senior Reefer

after filling everything with FW and running it, noticed this.

the 2 eheims combined are drawing water at such a fast rate that the water level in their compartment is not level with the rest.

i don't foresee it to be a problem at this moment, but the force of water going down everywhere will cause alot of micro bubbles. especially from the flow of water right to left into the eheim compartment.

will need to think of solutions to counter the microbubble problem :)

as for now, everything looks good and running without leaks. peace of mind.

post-15755-12766791568621_thumb.jpg

post-15755-12766791620482_thumb.jpg

• Senior Reefer

Seeing yours I am afraid of my monster reeflo pump... Dunno can handle mah....

i dunno if my eheim section can support my compressor's coil or not. hopefully can bah. i hope the water level is not too low..

i dunno if my eheim section can support my compressor's coil or not. hopefully can bah. i hope the water level is not too low..

If not den restrict the flow a bit lor... Since you got the valve there.. LOL...

When you put the coil in the water level should rise...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

Bro! I am tagging along this threadd! Better keep it alive long long okay! :D

Those valves thingy with the blue tap is called union ball valve (:

Secondly, I agreed with bro.Terryz that you should wait up to a day or more than 6 hours after applying pvc glue. You never know when the glue actually cures. Otherwise, exposing them to water will weaken the bond (: but having said that you already put water. so now let's see if there're any leaks! :X

Thirdly, that's really alot of test kits you got there! I wish I got that kind of money to spend on them! haha (:

Fourthly, I like the idea of you mixing your sandbed. personally I am doing that too. Works really well. Even my vortech mp40w cannot stir them up haha (:

Lastly, bro, I think you can try adding some bioballs with a filter wool or filter bag with carbon on top to help cushion the waterfall. :D Otherwise maybe you can tune down your returns or ask vincent to do another 2 tee-offs for other purposes to help distribute the flow (:

I LOVE YOUR TANK! :D

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

Bro, I love your tank! Wish that I can have something like this someday!

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

• Senior Reefer

Bro! I am tagging along this threadd! Better keep it alive long long okay! :D

Those valves thingy with the blue tap is called union ball valve (:

Secondly, I agreed with bro.Terryz that you should wait up to a day or more than 6 hours after applying pvc glue. You never know when the glue actually cures. Otherwise, exposing them to water will weaken the bond (: but having said that you already put water. so now let's see if there're any leaks! :X

Thirdly, that's really alot of test kits you got there! I wish I got that kind of money to spend on them! haha (:

Fourthly, I like the idea of you mixing your sandbed. personally I am doing that too. Works really well. Even my vortech mp40w cannot stir them up haha (:

Lastly, bro, I think you can try adding some bioballs with a filter wool or filter bag with carbon on top to help cushion the waterfall. :D Otherwise maybe you can tune down your returns or ask vincent to do another 2 tee-offs for other purposes to help distribute the flow (:

I LOVE YOUR TANK! :D

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

Bro, I love your tank! Wish that I can have something like this someday!

oo union ball valve haha. got it. i know it's a ball valve, just dunno wat kind.

the glue? oops ._. nvm lah. done liao huh? :P

the tests kit... well... expensive but important lah. i've only got the essential ones like mg, ca, kh, ph no need coz i got probe, NO3, NH4 (important since im running QT tanks as well), and that's basically it? if i remember correctly.

yes the sand bed idea is very good too. i like it :P

definitely will be adding something on the overflow to cushion the sound. wool, carbon etc can be done. no worries.

and lastly, i wont do anything to the flow of the returns. i wanted strong intermittent flow thats why i did it. if not defeat the purpose. i will see how it goes with the coil. see if need to tune or not.

and thank you for loving my tank! :)

• Senior Reefer

I love your tank too.

I just scratched mine with those heavy duty magnet cleaner, please don't use those.

Don't be like me :cry:

ok! haha. will keep that in mind.

That's a awsome tank you have bro..Will be following on ur thread.... :wub:

Cant wait for u to do up ur rockscape...

|| Tank: 5x2x2.5 || Sump 3.5x1.5.1.5 || Lights: DeLighting 2x80w Aquable Special T5 ||

|| Return: 2 x ehiem 1264 || Skimmer: Skimz SM251 ||

|| CR: deltec denitrator || ATO with custom make reservior tank||

|| FR: TLF running Rowas ,UV ||

|| Wavemaker: Jebao RE20& RW15|| Chiller: Daikin 1HP Compressor ||

|| Monitor 1: American Marine Pinpoint Temperature monitor ||

• Senior Reefer

That's a awsome tank you have bro..Will be following on ur thread.... :wub:

Cant wait for u to do up ur rockscape...

thanks bro! you have a wonderful tank too.

yes waiting to do my rocks :P

• Senior Reefer

this is through 1 piece of glass, a large body of water, and another piece of glass! total two pieces of glass sandwiching a large body of water. and yet it's still so clear like as if nothing's there.

post-15755-12766925018542_thumb.jpg

this is through 1 piece of glass, a large body of water, and another piece of glass! total two pieces of glass sandwiching a large body of water. and yet it's still so clear like as if nothing's there.

CLEAR!!!

Member of:

• Senior Reefer

If I doing 3 views, I would got for Crystal Clear.. Too bad mine is only 2 view.. Haha..

now dilemma. dunno wan use salt mix or NSW for cycling. since i dam lazy to drain the water...

• SRC Member

now dilemma. dunno wan use salt mix or NSW for cycling. since i dam lazy to drain the water...

sis if it's tap water nia, dump in salt and on wavemaker liao :cheers::chair:

but considering that if you need to add on additives all those if using NSW, might be abit more costly and unclear of the coastal water that LFS collect might be having issue(not i am saying that there is some issue,but just playing safe hehe)

jiayou jiayou!~

Just use Slat mix lor.. Since your tap water is in liao.. LOL.. But think you need to drain before mixing becos the rocks not in yet..

Member of:

• SRC Member

well judging from the current situation of using NSW ( although not proven). perhaps err on the side of caution and do your own salt mix la....

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

• Senior Reefer

ok thanks everyone for the input.

i just opened up all my test kits to read since i'm bored...

ammonia and PO4 test kits are printed ENTIRELY in german! the other test kits have english translations except for ammonia and PO4.

this renders the test kits useless and i'll need to call to see what i can do about it :P

or use google translator hehe