Lemon's butterflyfish dominated reef

yikai

• Senior Reefer

ok here it is. freaking difficult to take a picture coz it keeps swimming. i can't use flash coz the blue lines will reflect the light and make it look white.

so i turned on the actinics to make the blue stand out more to take a better photo...

so pardon the dark pictures :)

anyway after looking at it for awhile, realise it's not very special... just some extra blue lines at places where normal lemonpeels don't have... but got it at 2.8 red notes...

might sell it to terryz if i grow bored of it. :P but look at the 3rd photo! there's a nice blue chin and blue lips.

post-15755-12785018067229_thumb.jpg

post-15755-12785018126208_thumb.jpg

post-15755-12785018208854_thumb.jpg

post-15755-12785018254361_thumb.jpg

• SRC Member

ok here it is. freaking difficult to take a picture coz it keeps swimming. i can't use flash coz the blue lines will reflect the light and make it look white.

so i turned on the actinics to make the blue stand out more to take a better photo...

anyway after looking at it for awhile, realise it's not very special... just some extra blue lines at places where normal lemonpeels don't have... but got it at 2.8 red notes...

might sell it to terryz if i grow bored of it. :P but look at the 3rd photo! there's a nice blue chin and blue lips.

wow... its nice bro... gd catch... if bro terry don wan then can sell to me... lol....

n e wrasse too.... :P:eyebrow:

• Senior Reefer

wow... its nice bro... gd catch... if bro terry don wan then can sell to me... lol....

n e wrasse too.... :P:eyebrow:

lol thanks.

it's nice but quite normal now that i look at it. and it's so aggressive. i didn't know lemonpeels are so fierce. it's the newest fish and yet it dare to flare it fins at my majestic angel. look at the photo.

but no physical fighting lah.

It is nice lor... But again I got very different taste from you and digi.. LOL...

Edited by Terryz_

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

I cant see any blue dots from the pics! Where is the hybrid part? It jux has a little more blue than normal.

Anyway Lemon, i was at Iwarna jux now and i saw the x-hatch pair and i told auntie lilian i wan it, why u all so fast put in display tank for, such a good size xhatch v hard to come by and w their good price sure can sell quite easily to pple w big tanks. Her reply was ah ya is it, lemon tell me no one will buy trigger fish this big one and say the fish is perfectly reefsafe and will be v nice in the display tank and so he helped me to throw in! Hmm lemon see now they hav to trap the fish out for me, so mafan!!

• Senior Reefer

I cant see any blue dots from the pics! Where is the hybrid part? It jux has a little more blue than normal.

Anyway Lemon, i was at Iwarna jux now and i saw the x-hatch pair and i told auntie lilian i wan it, why u all so fast put in display tank for, such a good size xhatch v hard to come by and w their good price sure can sell quite easily to pple w big tanks. Her reply was ah ya is it, lemon tell me no one will buy trigger fish this big one and say the fish is perfectly reefsafe and will be v nice in the display tank and so he helped me to throw in! Hmm lemon see now they hav to trap the fish out for me, so mafan!!

no lah i din say it's a hybrid. i say maybe got some hybrid blood some where in his lineage.

oh! eh the crosshatch is not my fault!! aunty said she will throw in by today or tomorrow coz no one wanted to buy. someone already convincing aunty to put it in since yesterday because he said it's very nice will look very nice in the sps tank, besides, it's reef safe.

i was there in the evening so i agreed and say yes it will look very nice inside there. i told her not many people will buy crosshatch, so it will be here for at least 1 or 2 more days. then she say ok lah u help me throw in. so i did..

if i knew you wanted it i would have told aunty...

• Senior Reefer

Never mind i actually wan it becos of its small size. Never mind see how lo, if they can catch it out i get, else it's better also for the pair to reside in their bigger tank.

the next time i'm there and have time to spare, i will try to help aunty trap it out...

i wanted to sms you asking if you want, but i remember you keep before so i don't know if you want to keep it again. and i thought you had already made up your mind wether you want or not since you knew about it 2 days ago before the shipment..

i wanted it myself initially but decided don't want coz i still feel my tank is too small. aunty already was being asked to throw it in, i just told her my honest opinion that not many will get it, maybe a handful only. then she just ask me put in for her...

if we knew you wanted it, 100% won't throw in coz aunty usually only put fish that no one wants to buy. or leftovers.

Dun worry i'm jux kidding when i blame u for asking auntie to dump the fish into the tank. As u've said i've kept b4 and not as keen in keeping them again knowing how destructive they can be. But when i saw the size i want it so much again, so leave it to fate ba, if can trap i get else never mind.

• Senior Reefer

Dun worry i'm jux kidding when i blame u for asking auntie to dump the fish into the tank. As u've said i've kept b4 and not as keen in keeping them again knowing how destructive they can be. But when i saw the size i want it so much again, so leave it to fate ba, if can trap i get else never mind.

it's ok lol.

i'm going tomorrow. can try help to trap it for you and help u see if got flavogutattus from their phillipine shipment.

tEc' date='07 July 2010 - 10:59 AM' timestamp='1278471576' post='926682']

may i know who to get this prazi?

You can get Prazi from C328. It is sold under the name Eiho Prazi Gold (main ingredient is Praziquantel). Prazi is used to treat gill flukes.

• Senior Reefer

omg. not only will my marginalis butterfly eat from my hands, it will try to eat the food that i'm holding, which is out of water.

first time in my life i see a fish eating out of water. technically. since it's beak can grab food outside of water while it's body is in it.

• Senior Reefer

The marginalis. By far the greediest fish i've ever kept in my life so far. it's so tough that it's not even affected by ich anymore. and it's a butterflyfish for goodness sakes.

my favourite favourite fish! love it to the max.

post-15755-003551100 1278683167_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

and the roseafascia wrasse. from the photos you can see it looks so much better now after the prazi treatment. It feeds very well and the prazi is definitely working. One thing i like about this wrasse is it will not overfeed itself until so obese until the stomach literally bloat up. Some wrasse like my harem of melanomarginatus, will stuff themself full until they look so ugly.

speaking of them, one of the female is starting to morph. the colour is starting to change from rosy purple to dirty greenish already. within a few months it will be a male liao..

post-15755-080613300 1278683321_thumb.jp

post-15755-034556600 1278683329_thumb.jp

post-15755-091592100 1278683339_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer
tEc' date='09 July 2010 - 11:10 PM' timestamp='1278688202' post='927554']

soon u will need another tank for sps only. this is end up a fish only tank..... lol

haha. nope. still will be a sps tank. just not ready for sps yet.

only have a few fish now.. still waiting for the ones on my list.

all are SPS safe to a certain extent.

it's my goal to create a non reef safe reef tank :)

• SRC Member

with ur list of fishes, ur load will be quite high for a sps tank.....either u must be very hardworking for water change very often, or u gt to invest in zeo's product. this is the part i failed in sps. too high loading of my fishes....lol

even with super size skimmer, denitrator, changing my po4 media every mth, still cant keep....lol

• Senior Reefer
tEc' date='10 July 2010 - 12:29 AM' timestamp='1278692992' post='927586']

with ur list of fishes, ur load will be quite high for a sps tank.....either u must be very hardworking for water change very often, or u gt to invest in zeo's product. this is the part i failed in sps. too high loading of my fishes....lol

even with super size skimmer, denitrator, changing my po4 media every mth, still cant keep....lol

then i will reduce my list :)

the common and boring ones like emperor etc will go~

rest will keep. butterflies have relatively low bioload since they feed quite little. it's the angels i'm worried about. so will probably forgo the bigger angels bah.