Lemon's butterflyfish dominated reef

yikai

• Senior Reefer

how did you bring it back bro ?

get the LFS to pack the fish for you as per normal. just let them know u want it to last at least 10-12 hours.

then put it in a small plastic toyogo or lock and lock box and line it with plastic and soft thigns like clothes or watever.

then just put it in ur check in luggage and check it in.

note - it MUST be in check in luggage

each person can bring back 30 fish but in no more than 3L of water. so watever u bring in make sure the water does not exceed 3L.

fishes allowed.

no SPS

no LPS

softies allowed but liverocks are not allowed

• SRC Member

Hmm, thanks for the inputs bro ... so you mean to say "if" suddenly customs decides to spot check you, they will see this thru xray right ? and also if they decide to open the bag, and see it there, since as you mentioned fishes are allowed, then they won't qeustion you ?

25 Gal Micro Ocean

• Senior Reefer

they wont screen and question you.

if anything they will ask u anything to declare when you reach singapore. just say some fish and show them the AVA form from their website.

print out the page on AVA website that says you are allowed to bring fish.

they wont question you. they especially wont open your luggage. you can be sure about that.

• Senior Reefer

As long as you have the black and white, they will shut up and let you pass...

the elongatus anthias is getting nicer and nicer.

the bright gold spots is getting very obvious now as it settle in nicely and eats everything.

but it swims way tooo fast to take photo.

you and nigel are the only 2 reefers who have seen elongatus anthias in singapore for the first time besides me.

i don't think it will ever come in to Singapore market. there's no shipments for it.

i just hope it mainatin's its colour since no females.

the elongatus anthias is getting nicer and nicer.

the bright gold spots is getting very obvious now as it settle in nicely and eats everything.

but it swims way tooo fast to take photo.

you and nigel are the only 2 reefers who have seen elongatus anthias in singapore for the first time besides me.

i don't think it will ever come in to Singapore market. there's no shipments for it.

i just hope it mainatin's its colour since no females.

I AM GOING ASK JON TO FIND ONE...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

i think should not be difficult to find.

according to fishbase, it is found in Japan and taiwan.

Japan shipment won't have but taiwan shipment may have.

i saw C. auripes there which probably came from taiwan. so the anthias maybe come from the same shipment.

got 3 mah. i wanted to buy all but 1 not very good and the other one injured during catching. i shud have just gotten all 3 and hope for the best. since all so cheap and seems very very hardy.

• Senior Reefer

i'm still dissapointed that this super beautiful rare leucozonas anthias was stuck at irene for only $25 and no one want to buy. in the end die. and i was too late and did not go there earlier :(

sigh. dunno when will i get to see it again! so nice right?

it will make a great addition with the elongatus anthias.

post-15755-0-89999600-1294233262_thumb.j

• Moderators

i'm still dissapointed that this super beautiful rare leucozonas anthias was stuck at irene for only $25 and no one want to buy. in the end die. and i was too late and did not go there earlier :(

sigh. dunno when will i get to see it again! so nice right?

it will make a great addition with the elongatus anthias.

Sometime it is not people don't want to buy.. it is the opening hours at irene loh..

Many times, i went to PR. It is closed.. Even want to buy also cannot..

Tom

• Senior Reefer

Sometime it is not people don't want to buy.. it is the opening hours at irene loh..

Many times, i went to PR. It is closed.. Even want to buy also cannot..

i know. irene has weird opening hours.

but she told me she ask all her regular customers to buy it. but no one buy. end up she put in her display tank and it die coz she never feed the tank enough.

quite wasted.

if i was there earlier i will buy it. next time must go to irene shop more often. she has many gems. like cheap naoko wrasse. :)

• Moderators

i know. irene has weird opening hours.

but she told me she ask all her regular customers to buy it. but no one buy. end up she put in her display tank and it die coz she never feed the tank enough.

quite wasted.

if i was there earlier i will buy it. next time must go to irene shop more often. she has many gems. like cheap naoko wrasse. :)

Think her shop will be having queue daily now onwards.. :)

Tom

• Moderators

hehe.

how's everything? your fishes ok? got try the medication?

Lots of casualty :(

I tried the Zeovit one which Larry had some success.

But those survive are doing better now. At least no spot or whitish on body.

Hopefully all is over now. I had setup my spare tank to house the "newbies" for now as a precaution.

Will give the current tank another week of treatment before moving the fishes in spare tanks over one by one.

Tom

• Senior Reefer

Lots of casualty :(

I tried the Zeovit one which Larry had some success.

But those survive are doing better now. At least no spot or whitish on body.

Hopefully all is over now. I had setup my spare tank to house the "newbies" for now as a precaution.

Will give the current tank another week of treatment before moving the fishes in spare tanks over one by one.

is it velvet or ich?

fishes that recover from velvet usually dont get it a 2nd time.

butterflies and angels very prone to disease. i learn the hard way. so if keeping them either qt, medicate or stock v v v v slowly. i add one butterfly every 1-2 months with great success. keeps the spots in check.

Gorgeous mesoleucos butterfly, from the pic looks like a nice size too.

Elongatus is a rare anthias from japan. Taiwan may be catching these anthias but they dun sell cos most likely those caught are by the local fishermen and the fish cannot be eaten so will be thrown back to the sea.

The only rare fish i saw in Taiwan is C.Auripes. And i can see them everywhere in restaurants and fish markets. But not in LFS! The local fishermen catch groupers and other food fish and will accidentally catch some auripes and will jux dump them all into their tanks or tubs.

They dunno auripes are rare in other parts of the world! Even the marine LFS in Taiwan dunno, and their shops only sell cheap indo fishes cos taiwan reefing community is v small, much smaller than singapore according to the LFS owner.

• Like 1

• Senior Reefer

Gorgeous mesoleucos butterfly, from the pic looks like a nice size too.

Elongatus is a rare anthias from japan. Taiwan may be catching these anthias but they dun sell cos most likely those caught are by the local fishermen and the fish cannot be eaten so will be thrown back to the sea.

The only rare fish i saw in Taiwan is C.Auripes. And i can see them everywhere in restaurants and fish markets. But not in LFS! The local fishermen catch groupers and other food fish and will accidentally catch some auripes and will jux dump them all into their tanks or tubs.

They dunno auripes are rare in other parts of the world! Even the marine LFS in Taiwan dunno, and their shops only sell cheap indo fishes cos taiwan reefing community is v small, much smaller than singapore according to the LFS owner.

i also saw 2 auripes in HK. but only 2 and dont look too good.

they eat auripes in taiwan. did u try? should try mah haha.

i also saw 2 auripes in HK. but only 2 and dont look too good.

they eat auripes in taiwan. did u try? should try mah haha.

No la they dun eat the auripes. They jux use the auripes to "beautify" their food fish tanks.

The auripes will most likely die of starvation. Poor auripes, they are so abundant in taiwan waters that i can see them quite often when i visit harbours and markets.

• Senior Reefer

No la they dun eat the auripes. They jux use the auripes to "beautify" their food fish tanks.

The auripes will most likely die of starvation. Poor auripes, they are so abundant in taiwan waters that i can see them quite often when i visit harbours and markets.

not as nice as wiebli but still v nice and rare here.

• Senior Reefer

digiman just came back from there and he said it's useless.

nothing rare and nothing interesting. market there v v vv small.

my nxt place will probably be japan. visit bluehabour, talk to koji wada and hiroyuki tanaka.

i would want to go to rhinelander USA also, visit liveaquaria's head quarters.

but these are expensive places and very far away. not anytime soon bah :)

i have to get over my 6 week china trip during march first and hope my tank survives.

and i have to go back india for follow up, but not sure when.