Lemon's butterflyfish dominated reef

yikai

more pictures of the multibars.

picture very grainy. sorry bout that.

Multibar is also v difficult! I tried many times and all started breaking down in a few weeks. But yours look v healthy, hope they can do well.

The vanderbilt chromis i got from CF are so sensitive, one died in hours and other two are hiding but finally saw them coming out tonight to feed. They're actually v v beautiful and is the smallest of all chromis. Keeping a big school will be even nicer.

So u're ready to get back your roseafascia fairy?

• Senior Reefer

Multibar is also v difficult! I tried many times and all started breaking down in a few weeks. But yours look v healthy, hope they can do well.

The vanderbilt chromis i got from CF are so sensitive, one died in hours and other two are hiding but finally saw them coming out tonight to feed. They're actually v v beautiful and is the smallest of all chromis. Keeping a big school will be even nicer.

So u're ready to get back your roseafascia fairy?

how much did you buy the vanderblit chromis? you said around 2 gold coins in your sms.

can i collect the roseafascia next weekend? my school starting tomorrow -_- so won't have time until weekend :P

how much did you buy the vanderblit chromis? you said around 2 gold coins in your sms.

can i collect the roseafascia next weekend? my school starting tomorrow -_- so won't have time until weekend :P

Ya cos auntie mis-ID (but come to think of it she may not have mis-IDed cos chromis lineata and chromis vanderbilt look v similar apart from some black streaks at the ###### and caudal fin) as another chromis and i was shocked the receipt show only $2 per fish when i make payment at the counter. Wanted to get a whole school of 12 actually but all died and left only 3 at CF. V sensitive chromis.

Next weekend should be ok. U wan my lineatus and laboutei as well?

• Senior Reefer

Ya cos auntie mis-ID (but come to think of it she may not have mis-IDed cos chromis lineata and chromis vanderbilt look v similar apart from some black streaks at the ###### and caudal fin) as another chromis and i was shocked the receipt show only $2 per fish when i make payment at the counter. Wanted to get a whole school of 12 actually but all died and left only 3 at CF. V sensitive chromis.

oo.. ok then i will get the vanderblit chromis next time.

ok i will get the roseafascia next week.

lineatus and laboutei i let you know when i go to your place can? must check if i have enough money first because the MH are coming next weekend also. i don't know if i should stock so many fish so soon after my weird "cycling". but should be fine.

oo.. ok then i will get the vanderblit chromis next time.

ok i will get the roseafascia next week.

lineatus and laboutei i let you know when i go to your place can? must check if i have enough money first because the MH are coming next weekend also. i don't know if i should stock so many fish so soon after my weird "cycling". but should be fine.

Can no prob. I'm also still thinking if i should sell the wrasses or not. Dunno wat exactly i wan to keep. Jux found the wetmorella triocellata died, so sad cos it's such a beautiful fish and i dun even get to see it for more than a day.

• Senior Reefer

Can no prob. I'm also still thinking if i should sell the wrasses or not. Dunno wat exactly i wan to keep. Jux found the wetmorella triocellata died, so sad cos it's such a beautiful fish and i dun even get to see it for more than a day.

ok no problem. if you really like it then keep it bah haha.

i've kept laboutei before and mine was a huge alpha male. very fierce but i sold to earth when i decomm. as for lineatus, i never kept before but i see them so much these days that i'm contented. so if you don't want to sell afterall it's perfectly fine.

wetmorella triocellata? the possum wrasse with the white stripes? omg i love that fish. where you buy from.

ok no problem. if you really like it then keep it bah haha.

i've kept laboutei before and mine was a huge alpha male. very fierce but i sold to earth when i decomm. as for lineatus, i never kept before but i see them so much these days that i'm contented. so if you don't want to sell afterall it's perfectly fine.

wetmorella triocellata? the possum wrasse with the white stripes? omg i love that fish. where you buy from.

CF. Wetmorella is v uncommon but not v rare nor expensive. I've seen it a few times at Ah Beng and a few different species, but each time only come one piece and for such a cute and small fish it's normally grabbed within hours.

• Senior Reefer

CF. Wetmorella is v uncommon but not v rare nor expensive. I've seen it a few times at Ah Beng and a few different species, but each time only come one piece and for such a cute and small fish it's normally grabbed within hours.

wetmorella i always see at ahbeng. but i never see the triocellatus before. that 1 is my favourite.

btw, the vanderbilt chromis. is it very very nice and vibrant with yellow and blue as seen in photos? i'm afraid this is one of those fish that will look greyish in our tanks because of their small size and non-wild settings.

Cool catch... LOL...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

wetmorella i always see at ahbeng. but i never see the triocellatus before. that 1 is my favourite.

btw, the vanderbilt chromis. is it very very nice and vibrant with yellow and blue as seen in photos? i'm afraid this is one of those fish that will look greyish in our tanks because of their small size and non-wild settings.

Triocellatus sometimes can be seen at Ah Beng... Only 1-2 pieces.. Not very ex also..

Member of:

skimmate? if nothing toxic was added in the tank, nothing toxic should accumulate. skimmate contains organics and proteins that are skimmed out before they are broken down in the tank. so putting it back in should cause no problem and not the extreme of "killing yourself and killing your tank"

people's skimmer overflow all the time and i had countless of times where skimmate flowed back into the tank.

drinking 200ml of vodka a day for 10 days vs 2l of vodka 1 shot every 10 days

the latter is more likely to get alcohol poisoning

cheers

It's not vibrant w yellow and no blue can be seen. It's a dull greyish green with yellow linings, i cant say it's beautiful but i like it a lot becos of it's small size. I think one can easily argue tat the common green chromis is more colourful than vanderbilt. In my tank w dark settings, it looks exactly like the photo i attached below, maybe not as colourful as u imagined?

Triocellatus sometimes can be seen at Ah Beng... Only 1-2 pieces.. Not very ex also..

Yes i've seen triocellatus in Ah Beng a few times also and quite cheap, slightly over one red note.

It's not vibrant w yellow and no blue can be seen. It's a dull greyish green with yellow linings, i cant say it's beautiful but i like it a lot becos of it's small size. I think one can easily argue tat the common green chromis is more colourful than vanderbilt. In my tank w dark settings, it looks exactly like the photo i attached below, maybe not as colourful as u imagined?

Yes i've seen triocellatus in Ah Beng a few times also and quite cheap, slightly over one red note.

post-10328-12777167068255_thumb.jpeg

post-10328-12777167077669_thumb.jpeg

• Senior Reefer

ok it's still quite nice.

• Senior Reefer

update on the multibar pair.

one of them have slight ich but it's understandable since i did not want to QT them. QT them might cause more harm than good anyways... such delicate fish i don't want to stress them in a bare bottom QT. straight into a tank with plenty of liverock is the best solution

one of them is feeding very very aggressively on mysis. fighting the waves from the tunze 6105 to feed on mysis even. this fella is in good shape and very alert.

the other multibar is more sullen and prefers hanging underneath it's cave. it's not feeding yet and not as active compared to it's partner.

i won't worry yet since i saw both of them feeding in the LFS. so i hope it's just a matter of time. taking into consideration i just introduced them yesterday also.

all the ultra rare omobranchus blennies are feeding on mysis now!! woot!

Mine are missing... I dun see them anywhere.. Most likely hiding... With my tailspot and powder black...

Edited by Terryz_

Member of: